Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 10:
For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image
of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year
continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because the worshipers
once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.

The remembrance of sin is a tool of Satan to bring accusation against mankind.
Most understand that Christ died to take away our sins. By the blood, He has also

delivered us from the remembrance of sin, which is guilt and shame.

Hebrews 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal
Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead
works to serve the living God?

The enemy continues to come against the saints with lies and accusations.
“You don’t pray enough, how do you think you will ever please God?”
The blood of Christ is conscience cleansing, so that we can hear the Voice
of His Spirit in our hearts, and serve Him without fear.

Luke 1:
To grant us that we, being delivered from the hand of our enemies,
Might serve Him without fear,
75 In holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of our life.

This the Law could not perfect.
Hebrews 9:
The Holy Spirit signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not
yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both
gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect,
as pertaining to the conscience.

Acts 13:39 By Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from
which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Therefore, beloved brethren:
Hebrews 10:
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our
hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who
promised is faithful.

Acts 24:16 This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without
offense toward God and men.
Acts 24:16 is interesting. I never noticed this.
I will meditate this.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

biblelesson

Jun 11, 2021
College Park
✟72,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for this post! I would like to mention my experience last week, and add a few more scriptures, and comments.

I received a clear revelation of what "for conscience sake" really means last week as I was reading the bible. I realized then I also never considered the meaning. I just read over it in the Gospel.

For conscience sake: I now know that whatever I do, as a Christian of course, if I don't believe I'm wrong, then I have not sinned. But if I do something I think is wrong, when it otherwise would not be wrong, but I think it's wrong, then I have sinned.

To know this helped me understand that I never knew that the conscience was related to a Christian's freedom in Christ.

Romas 14:12-14, "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably.

Apostle Paul is saying, whether right or wrong in our eyes, but if someone believes that they should abstain from a certain type of meat or food because they believe it is a sin, then we, as Christians, must show respect, and not prepare such food for them, don't prepare it at a dinner where there are guests, don't cause them to feel guilty, but be charitable. It's not just food, but can related to other situations as well. This relates to "for conscience sake" and to not cause your brother or sister an occasion to fall, that is to sin; don't take away that person's freedom in Christ. We also sin when we do this.

Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

This is telling me that, Salvation in Christ is walking in the freedom of Christ, where I received grace, and I'm not guilty, so I must not do anything that I feel guilty about, or else I place myself back under the law, the yoke of bondage, where I don't receive grace, and where I am guilty.

To say it another way, If I feel guilty (condemn myself), then I've condemn myself under the law, and I have now committed a sin; because under Christ, I cannot be condemned because my sins are forgiven. Wow, how literal is that in the Cross of Christ actually working itself out in our lives through our conscience to make us free?

Romans 8:34, "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

My mind is so use to gravitating towards the negative; and as I write this, I can see that I have been committing sins that I did not know I was committing as it relates to my conscience. Wow! Our conscience can cause us to sin; because in truth, in Christ, our conscience is to be free; Galatians 5:1, "Stand therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.

Thank you very much for this post!

Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟36,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Thank you for this post! I would like to mention my experience last week, and add a few more scriptures, and comments.

I received a clear revelation of what "for conscience sake" really means last week as I was reading the bible. I realized then I also never considered the meaning. I just read over it in the Gospel.

For conscience sake: I now know that whatever I do, as a Christian of course, if I don't believe I'm wrong, then I have not sinned. But if I do something I think is wrong, when it otherwise would not be wrong, but I think it's wrong, then I have sinned.

To know this helped me understand that I never knew that the conscience was related to a Christian's freedom in Christ.

Romas 14:12-14, "Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother's way. I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably.

Apostle Paul is saying, whether right or wrong in our eyes, but if someone believes that they should abstain from a certain type of meat or food because they believe it is a sin, then we, as Christians, must show respect, and not prepare such food for them, don't prepare it at a dinner where there are guests, don't cause them to feel guilty, but be charitable. It's not just food, but can related to other situations as well. This relates to "for conscience sake" and to not cause your brother or sister an occasion to fall, that is to sin; don't take away that person's freedom in Christ. We also sin when we do this.

Galatians 5:1, "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

This is telling me that, Salvation in Christ is walking in the freedom of Christ, where I received grace, and I'm not guilty, so I must not do anything that I feel guilty about, or else I place myself back under the law, the yoke of bondage, where I don't receive grace, and where I am guilty.

To say it another way, If I feel guilty (condemn myself), then I've condemn myself under the law, and I have now committed a sin; because under Christ, I cannot be condemned because my sins are forgiven. Wow, how literal is that in the Cross of Christ actually working itself out in our lives through our conscience to make us free?

Romans 8:34, "Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

My mind is so use to gravitating towards the negative; and as I write this, I can see that I have been committing sins that I did not know I was committing as it relates to my conscience. Wow! Our conscience can cause us to sin; because in truth, in Christ, our conscience is to be free; Galatians 5:1, "Stand therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free.

Thank you very much for this post!
It is very refreshing to find someone giving so much thought to such a critical subject. I like the way
you tied in scriptures that do not use the word (i.e. Ga 5:1), but have a clear connection once you
see that our liberty depends on the ability of the conscience to bear witness, by the Holy Spirit
speaking to our heart.
Romans 2:15 Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also
bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another.

Reactions: biblelesson
Upvote 0