Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today I just feel very down. For the very first time I wanted to call a crisis number here where I live, but I chickened out. No I am not suicidal but been feeling sad and depressed of late. My work, personal, health and family life not working out too well. I feel very controlled and emotionally manipulated by my mom. I want to quit my job. I have lost friends and been backstabbed twice already. I don't know why my life suddenly started going downhill all of the sudden. I feel sometimes the enemy is attacking me with negative thoughts and Im not sure how to get out of this hole. I have prayed to God to help me and also was trying to encourage myself last night by watching testimonies, but this morning I still have this cloud over me.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A BIG part of that equation will be in forgiving your abusive "friend" (from your other post) and any other grudges that you have been maintaining, and repenting of your unforgiveness.

Upvote 0

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A BIG part of that equation will be in forgiving your abusive "friend" (from your other post) and any other grudges that you have been maintaining, and repenting of your unforgiveness.
I am asking God to help take away the anger in my heart. I drove to my the doctors this morning and all this anger I just felt it bubbling inside of me while driving. I asked God to take it away in the car, but its still there when I started thinking about it. I want to forgive my boss, coworkers and ex-friends who backstabbed me - I don't know how. Don't think I can do it on my own. I have been hurt a lot at my work and by friends.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Today I just feel very down. For the very first time I wanted to call a crisis number here where I live, but I chickened out. No I am not suicidal but been feeling sad and depressed of late. My work, personal, health and family life not working out too well. I feel very controlled and emotionally manipulated by my mom. I want to quit my job. I have lost friends and been backstabbed twice already. I don't know why my life suddenly started going downhill all of the sudden. I feel sometimes the enemy is attacking me with negative thoughts and Im not sure how to get out of this hole. I have prayed to God to help me and also was trying to encourage myself last night by watching testimonies, but this morning I still have this cloud over me.

You want to feel better, go do good to others. Pray for those who abuse you.

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I find myself in this dark place often lately. I remind myself to "rejoice always", listen to Christian music, pray, and remember that in God's light there is no darkness. It helps me. Throughout my very long life I have found that the trials do go away if we just wait. Now I wait with God on my side. :)

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, help people to understand that these FEELINGS come because of the focus of our thoughts. Help people to realize they can change that focus, just as Peter changed his focus from the wind and the waves he had been walking on to Jesus. May we think about Heaven, about all the blessings we have had, have, and will have. May we think about You, Your goodness, kindness, care, love, attention, provision, glory, dominion, sovereignty, majesty, and purposes. May this change of focus on to You just drive away the negative feelings. May we put on the whole armor You provide us, to protect us against these feelings. May we be obedient to follow Philippians 4:6-8 and Ephesians 6:10-20 in such a way that will be both pleasing to You and bring You glory. Amen.

Upvote 0

RoseyViolet

Aug 7, 2018
Martinez
✟17,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I'm so glad you're reaching out for help! We've all been there!! The mental game is a tough one. I too have struggled in this area. Have you ever heard of Joyce Meyer? She's an incredible woman of God, speaker, author, sexual abuse survivor... just an incredible story she tells. Several years ago she wrote a book entitled, "Battlefield of the Mind", when I read it I realized, first of all that I wasn't crazy or alone in this mental battle. She speaks in there that satan's greatest deception is to lie and get us to believe his lies, many times believing or saying things to give him fuel right out of our own mouth. She also speaks of "stinking thinking" and "think about what you are thinking about" and "replace the lies with the truth of God's Word". I know, sometimes that's easier said than done, but as with any new habit, it takes time and patience for yourself.
I know and trust in God's word and I know He loves you SO much! In fact, He sent His son to rescue you and help and heal you, no matter what "man" may say. He thought you were amazing from the beginning of the creation of the world, He had you in mind! Keep your chin up!!! Satan is a liar!!! Luke 10:19 "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." NIV Here's a link to the book I spoke of on Amazon.

Reactions: profoundgrace
Upvote 0

saved24

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2011
Canada
✟841,192.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Praying for you. Forgiving can be hard especially those who have hurt you deeply. I recommend starting to pray like this: "Lord I cannot forgive them please forgive them for me." then start saying by faith over and over again "Lord I forgive ______ (name) with Your help." It will take time and when bad feelings come about this person, say it again, that you forgive them, even if you don't feel it at all. One day you will realize you have forgiven them.
If your hurts run so deep it depresses you, I would also recommend Christian counseling.
May the Lord comfort you. God bless.

Reactions: profoundgrace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

profoundgrace

Lord restore my soul
Nov 13, 2019
Hawaii
✟18,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying for you. Forgiving can be hard especially those who have hurt you deeply. I recommend starting to pray like this: "Lord I cannot forgive them please forgive them for me." then start saying by faith over and over again "Lord I forgive ______ (name) with Your help." It will take time and when bad feelings come about this person, say it again, that you forgive them, even if you don't feel it at all. One day you will realize you have forgiven them.
If your hurts run so deep it depresses you, I would also recommend Christian counseling.
May the Lord comfort you. God bless.

I was seeing a psychologist but not a Christian one, didn't help. I am going to try to find a Christian one.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so glad you're reaching out for help! We've all been there!! The mental game is a tough one. I too have struggled in this area. Have you ever heard of Joyce Meyer? She's an incredible woman of God, speaker, author, sexual abuse survivor... just an incredible story she tells. Several years ago she wrote a book entitled, "Battlefield of the Mind", when I read it I realized, first of all that I wasn't crazy or alone in this mental battle. She speaks in there that satan's greatest deception is to lie and get us to believe his lies, many times believing or saying things to give him fuel right out of our own mouth. She also speaks of "stinking thinking" and "think about what you are thinking about" and "replace the lies with the truth of God's Word". I know, sometimes that's easier said than done, but as with any new habit, it takes time and patience for yourself.
I know and trust in God's word and I know He loves you SO much! In fact, He sent His son to rescue you and help and heal you, no matter what "man" may say. He thought you were amazing from the beginning of the creation of the world, He had you in mind! Keep your chin up!!! Satan is a liar!!! Luke 10:19 "I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you." NIV Here's a link to the book I spoke of on Amazon.

This book helped me out tremendously.

Upvote 0

lezter

JESUS IS KING
Nov 6, 2019
Calamba
✟16,218.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God said, Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened and i will give you rest.
im praying for you that God help you to overcome anxiety, i pray that He will give you peace,Joy. you are victorious as you give your full trust to God, Blessed are those who trust God. I pray that the Holy Spirit touch you and comport you as you invite Him.

Upvote 0