USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God heals whom He will and it isn't every Christian.
This sort of randomness only happens to those without knowledge. For those with knowledge, they can make choices.

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
And He said, By his Stripes, we are Healed.

Spiritually, yes, not always physically. I am not saying he never physically heals, just that it isn't every time that it is asked for.

I say you can still be healed of whatever causes you discomfort now.. Believest thou this?

I have for over a decade. Still not healed. As I said, He hills whom He wills to heal. I will be healed when I go to be with the Lord, that I can count on!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spiritually, yes, not always physically. I am not saying he never physically heals, just that it isn't every time that it is asked for.

What you say it true.......for you. Be it unto you as you believe. You will always be healed spiritually, and randomly physically. I find no fault in this......I also find no fault with those who choose to be healed all the time, physically.

I have for over a decade. Still not healed. As I said, He hills whom He wills to heal.

Yes as you say, He heals randomly, not just because you believe or desire healing.

But what I ask is, are you willing to be healed because you desire it and know that It is God's will, to give you the desires of your heart.

If you ask, believing that you may or may not be answered.....you ask amiss.

I will be healed when I go to be with the Lord, that I can count on!

I agree....This is what I've been stating.....My words are for those, in Christ...."with the Lord," not those apart of a religion...although they can be.

But this takes place here and now......not in the grave, afterwhich...there is no repentance....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me get clarification on this point... are you saying that those of us who identify as say in my case Episcopalian, aren't with the Lord?
No. Are you saying that just because I say I am with the Lord, or apart of a religion......I am truly Born again?

Note that it was you who stated you arent with the Lord, not me........which is how it should be....For only you can know this:

I will be healed when I go to be with the Lord, that I can count on!

You say you are not healed....and you will be when you are with the lord....most readers would assume that means you arent with the Lord now.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
No. Are you saying that just because I say I am with the Lord, or apart of a religion......I am truly Born again?

Note that it was you who stated you arent with the Lord, not me........which is how it should be....For only you can know this:

You say you are not healed....and you will be when you are with the lord....most readers would assume that means you arent with the Lord now.

Most people understand that when someone says to go be with the Lord they mean when they die.

I am a born again Christian.

Your posts are very confusing!

• Agree
Reactions: NerdGirl
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most people understand that when someone says to go be with the Lord they mean when they die.

I am a born again Christian.

Your posts are very confusing!
I understand.... I am not most people. I am peculiar. This talk of dying after being born again is foreign to me:
"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

Maybe you should continue this with those whose speech and beliefs are more familiar to you.

when you desire to talk about Health and Life, I'll be here.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand.... I am not most people. I am peculiar. This talk of dying after being born again is foreign to me:

You too will die, a physical death, but you will still die. That cannot be avoided. All must die a physical death.

The stuff you are speaking of is spiritual. There is an actual difference.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
It is the devil. He embarrass us when Jesus lets him does so.
When Timothy suffered from sickness, Paul didn't lay the blame, he just told him to take a little wine. Paul suffered from a 'thorn in his flesh' but we are not told it was the devil.

There is a huge danger in attributing all disease as the work of the devil, when in all likelihood it is just a result of a fallen world.

In the early church it is noted that the Christians were the most altruistic people, going into areas of plague and disease in order to minister to the sick. There is no indication that they were in any way immune to diseases.

I think you are labouring under a false assumption.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
The OP's way of thinking is "prosperity gospel" thinking. If you are rich and wealthy and are healthy, then obviously God has blessed you and you are walking with the Lord in faith, but if you are poor and sick in any way, then God has either cursed you, or there is something wrong with your faith or else your prayers would have healed you or taken away your poverty.

This is NOT scriptural.

While God *can* bless you with physical abundance and good health, he does not guarantee that our blessings will be in any way material or that we will never suffer loss or hardship. In fact, the vast majority of the most faithful people we read about in scripture suffered greatly -- poverty, persecution, sickness.

What God does promise is that he will be with us through both the good times and the bad times. And Christ is so full of compassion that when we suffer, he also suffers because he knows what it is like to suffer.

Blaming everything on the devil is a cop-out. Most of the suffering we endure in life are consequences of our own actions or the actions of other human beings. We get sick because some other sick human being chose to come to work when sick, for example, and spread germs to everyone.

We also don't know that Jesus never got sick, caught a cold, etc. because that's not something that scripture focuses on. Scripture focuses on the 3.5 years of ministry before his death on the cross and the point of scripture is to show us the path of salvation through Christ, not to be a day-by-day biography of the human experience of Jesus from birth. Chances are, he probably did catch a cold or flu once in a while. It's part of being human and Jesus was 100% human as well as 100% God.

The only human condition that Jesus did not experience was sin. Getting sick or not having material wealth is not a sin in spite of what the false prosperity prophets are preaching.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
How do we know Jesus was never ill?

He was subject to the same physical, bodily functions as we all are. If He fell as a child, I don't think He levitated Himself to avoid scraping His knees. He grew, He aged, He ate, He drank. He had a human body that was capable of injury and death. Why are people assuming he never caught a cold, either?

I don't think people like the idea that Jesus even went off to have a pee, let alone got ill :).

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You too will die, a physical death, but you will still die. That cannot be avoided. All must die a physical death.

The stuff you are speaking of is spiritual. There is an actual difference.
I understand. You must reinterpret things that you cannot, yet comprehend. I find no fault in you looking forward to death. Would you be ok with me seeking Life instead?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
find no fault in you looking forward to death.

Where in the world did you get I am looking forward to death?

I said our physical bodies will die, no human gets away with that unless you think you like Elijah and Enoch will be taken up as you are? Are you saying that your physical body will not die?

Spiritually, you will not die when your physical body does. This is what I am saying.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel god didn't take care of them in that specific aspect. Why a Christian could get coronavirus? I wonder why. I would feel bad or sad.
Blessings in Christ Jesus! Hope all is well with you. I have found that for every 100 people who claim to be Christian by their lips, that only a hand full are truly born from above. Those that truly are, The Lord has already promised to guard and protect us from evil(the evil one). There are times that the evil one is allowed to afflict us so that we may be refined for noble use. But this is only for a season. Those that are truly His can hear His voice and He leads and guides them unto all righteousness. When we may want to go one way, he will correct us to go another way for He knows what is best for us. This The Lord has done for me all during this pandemic, for He is faithful. He had me gathering supplies even before it was here. He has led me where to go, and where not to go.When I truly wanted and needed a hair cut He told me not to enter the haircut place. When I got home the dog clippers were used. And yes you are correct as to the source of the virus as the one who has been restrained up to now is on the earth, but has not stepped into power as yet. Be Blessed and stay safe.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP's way of thinking is "prosperity gospel" thinking. If you are rich and wealthy and are healthy, then obviously God has blessed you and you are walking with the Lord in faith, but if you are poor and sick in any way, then God has either cursed you, or there is something wrong with your faith or else your prayers would have healed you or taken away your poverty.

This is NOT scriptural.

While God *can* bless you with physical abundance and good health, he does not guarantee that our blessings will be in any way material or that we will never suffer loss or hardship. In fact, the vast majority of the most faithful people we read about in scripture suffered greatly -- poverty, persecution, sickness.

What God does promise is that he will be with us through both the good times and the bad times. And Christ is so full of compassion that when we suffer, he also suffers because he knows what it is like to suffer.

Blaming everything on the devil is a cop-out. Most of the suffering we endure in life are consequences of our own actions or the actions of other human beings. We get sick because some other sick human being chose to come to work when sick, for example, and spread germs to everyone.

We also don't know that Jesus never got sick, caught a cold, etc. because that's not something that scripture focuses on. Scripture focuses on the 3.5 years of ministry before his death on the cross and the point of scripture is to show us the path of salvation through Christ, not to be a day-by-day biography of the human experience of Jesus from birth. Chances are, he probably did catch a cold or flu once in a while. It's part of being human and Jesus was 100% human as well as 100% God.

The only human condition that Jesus did not experience was sin. Getting sick or not having material wealth is not a sin in spite of what the false prosperity prophets are preaching.
I prefer the words of those who preach of the God who maketh rich and healthy, over the words of those who believe God is passive and heals and makes rich randomly.

Never understood the reasons behind the idea that, to be saved, you must be sick and keep little money.... and when you pray, God may say no....or not answer at all.

Contrary to popular belief, one day with the Lord, is better than a thousand in any other location.

It is folly to give any impression...that being in the Lord would even seem like lesser than or the same as being outside....in relation to any circumstance be it illnesses, or material wealth.

Upvote 0