Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What that means, I feel it's a shame.
Here is what you do.

Grab a nice tall glass of ice tea, crack open a Bible, and read the Book of Job............the entire book.

Then get back to us.

Sorry, you want answers, it takes some work sometimes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
what's the virus mean to you
Shame, a weapon of the devil.
Why shame?
Because god let you get that famous thorn of the devil.
Yes, our Apostle Paul had that thorn in the flesh. Along with reading about Job, we can read and feed on Paul's experience which he shares in 2 Corinthians 12:7-15.

Please note how Paul was not shamed by his problems. But he learned to handle things the way God's grace blessed him to handle troubles.

"For the Scripture says, 'Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.'" (Romans 10:11)

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I feel god didn't take care of them in that specific aspect. Why a Christian could get coronavirus? I wonder why. I would feel bad or sad.
Christians are not automatically immune from trouble of any kind. "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all." Psalm 34:19
Someone who never experiences a problem never finds out how mighty God is to deliver them. Some day I'll write my testimony about 8 days in hospital recently. I did not choose to go through the ordeal but I know that God was with me every moment. He's there is good and bad times, no matter what.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel god didn't take care of them in that specific aspect. Why a Christian could get coronavirus? I wonder why. I would feel bad or sad.
Because you are limiting God's protection. He warned me and my family when it all started and asked us to stay inside. For some reason He is not protecting me from the virus itself, but giving a way to prevent me from catching it. What worries me is that people are not listening to what the Spirit is saying.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For me, the devil got a weapon, a sting. If a Christian gets touched by that sting, how should you feel being touched by the enemy? Shame on me.

That's how I feel it.

I understand. Still that is viewing things incorrectly, not everything in nature is of the devil and it is awful to say someone should feel ashamed because they got a virus. Basically your viewing everything from the devil and it leads to superstition such as "everything is from the devil". He is not that powerful. Suffering is also from God in that He allows it and no one who is suffering should ever, ever be made to feel shame and therein lies the problem with your view.

Let me ask you this. Many people suffer from the flu should they be ashamed? A person has to wear glasses should they be ashamed? A person is disabled should they be ashamed? A person has the cold virus should they feel ashamed? We don't want to be like the ancient pagans and make everything a shame or be superstition about things that just happen

• Agree
Upvote 0

bottoWordx

Aug 27, 2020
northeast
✟19,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
people die and get ill because of sin
also lack of understanding and peace, but greed and lust, not love
the world always has a sinner or poor/rich who are carnal and create problems
the disease at the root is sin

who discerns good and evil

• Agree
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I understand. Still that is viewing things incorrectly, not everything in nature is of the devil and it is awful to say someone should feel ashamed because they got a virus. Basically your viewing everything from the devil and it leads to superstition such as "everything is from the devil". He is not that powerful. Suffering is also from God in that He allows it and no one who is suffering should ever, ever be made to feel shame and therein lies the problem with your view.

Let me ask you this. Many people suffer from the flu should they be ashamed? A person has to wear glasses should they be ashamed? A person is disabled should they be ashamed? A person has the cold virus should they feel ashamed? We don't want to be like the ancient pagans and make everything a shame or be superstition about things that just happen
The devil is not a superstition, and he is behind everything that is bad.

• Agree
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
people die and get ill because of sin
also lack of understanding and peace, but greed and lust, not love
the world always has a sinner or poor/rich who are carnal and create problems
the disease at the root is sin

who discerns good and evil
It's hard for me to understand your post

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟884,137.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It's easy to focus on the outwardly, when we are to focus on the inwardly. Christians have from the start being under attack. We have to accept and change focus.

Christ love!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why? Because it's a contagious diese and you pick up germs and become sick, especially those of us with weak immune systems. God never promised us that germs would not attack us and that we would not get sick. Sickness is part of the corrupted world.

Some of us have life long conditions/low immune systems and are ill frequently.

Romans 5:3-5
More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

God say that His Grace is sufficient for us.
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

So far I have not had Corona virus and pray not to, but I live in Australia out in the country where it has not reached. I have lost count of how often I have been sick since March though. I prasie God that I am well today. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The devil is not a superstition, and he is behind everything that is bad.

The devil is behind some things, but not everything. People do evil things all on their own without the devils input. When Adam sinned the world fell with him and mankind became selfish and it is this selfishness that creates many of the bad things that happen. People make bad decision everyday from own selfishness, pride and greed. A man who drinks and beats his wife does so from his own addiction, sin and lack of self-control. People can only overcome their sinful desires by turning to Jesus and walking in the spirit.

Disease came with the fall, along with thorns and other maladies.
Romans 8:22
We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,"

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Christians aren't immune from illness or disability, and it's not a judgement, nor a comment on our faith, if we get them.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As the corona virus is something in vogue it's different.

And at one time cancer, or smallpox, or TB were "in vogue".
Corona virus is an illness. Sickness happens - we live in a fallen world.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but jesus was never ill because he was obedient, if the Christian is disobedient can expect diseases

No.
We live in a fallen world; sickness came into the world when sin did.
A baby nay be born disabled, or ill; it doesn't mean they sinned. And God doesn't punish a Christian by sending illness. Jesus died and took the punishment for our sins - if God was going to say to us "You've disobeyed me and sinned; here, have cancer, or Covid19", then Jesus went through that agony for nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Something is true though, people in the bible yes got sick, but also experienced a lot from God in healings and other stuff, i think we should seek God a lot more. It should not be normal for a christian to live his life like an 'unbeliever' without experiencing him, God takes care of his childs, i'm not saying we should be experiencing things all day, but God should be present doing something at least in our lifes. So we need to get close to him for that to happen, and get 'warm' as close to God as we can.
Something i learnt is that if we do not pray and seek, God is going to do little in our lives.

• Winner
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Count it all joy, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me, the devil got a weapon, a sting. If a Christian gets touched by that sting, how should you feel being touched by the enemy? Shame on me.

That's how I feel it.

Well I feel sad for you then.

Covid 19 is an illness, like many others.
I had M.E for 18 years; does that mean I was "touched by the enemy"? If I was then he can't have been that clever - because God was with me IN the illness, gave me a new ministry, made it more possible for me to empathise with others who are chronically ill and brought good things out of it.
Joni Eareckson has been in a wheelchair for decades - she has a fantastic, worldwide ministry among the disabled.
Corrie ten Boom had a stroke and spent the last few years of her life at home, or in bed; increasingly dependant on others. Yet even that was a ministry.
David Watson had cancer, yet testified to God's goodness by writing a book, and speaking on radio, about his experiences. Many hundreds of people were helped by him and prayed for him. When he died, he went to be with the Lord forever. If all that was from the devil, then he must be pretty stupid because he was helping to promote the Gospel.
Many Christians have preached the Gospel despite being ill - even St Paul only went to Galatia because he was ill, Galatians 4:13.

Upvote 0