USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
he used to heal people, if he got ill for a moment he could cure himself... in brief, I believe he was never ill

That's not a very logical argument. He didn't cure the whole world of illnesses. It's not as if His ability to heal changed between Heaven and earth and back to Heaven. He healed when His will lined up with peoples' faith, or when He was moved to great compassion. Same as He does now.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
he used to heal people, if he got ill for a moment he could cure himself... in brief, I believe he was never ill
Did He heal himself when he was an infant or child? How could He be fully human if He did that?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the devil, his millions of demons are behind any baby that is born ill.

Absolutely not.

Psalm 139:13-14
13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Please do not speak on things like this that you have no experience of.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That can not be back up by reality. Christ was fully human and fully God, He was like us in every way except sin. That means Christ got sick just like us, if He never got sick than it is all a lie and He was not like us. You seem to not understand that Christ was just like us getting sick, losing baby teeth, getting bumps and bruises, getting hungry, everything we experience.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The OP's way of thinking is "prosperity gospel" thinking. If you are rich and wealthy and are healthy, then obviously God has blessed you and you are walking with the Lord in faith, but if you are poor and sick in any way, then God has either cursed you, or there is something wrong with your faith or else your prayers would have healed you or taken away your poverty.

This is NOT scriptural.

I have seen this lying doctrine first hand. Some years ago we had neighbours into 'health, wealth and prosperity'. He got cancer and told no one, so nobody prayed for him or was there to support him, because he was too ashamed to tell his church because it would have been labelled 'lack of faith’. The only thing of the devil is this, this HW&P heresy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry, but that is an unrealistic expectation. Everyone dies a physical death. Even as an EMT, we lose people. That is a fact of life that no one, not even you can get around. You will die a physical death. Your body will fail and die. Do I think I can save everyone? No. I know better than that having been an EMT this long.

Your spirit, your spirit will last.

Unless Jesus returns before that happens.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. So in summation, If we pray expecting that God will give us exactly what we want in our timing, it is a vending machine prayer and is, in your eyes wrong and treating God negatively?

The prayer also needs to be in God's will. We don't always know what we need. What we want may be different to what we need.
Joseph was bought by passing slave traders. I am sure at the time he felt helpless, angry and upset and could see nothing good in his situation. Maybe he prayed that the Lord would help him escape, most people would. Didn't happen, instead things got worse and he ended up being thrown in jail. The point being there was a reason for those sufferings, a growth in character and faith that had to take place. God's plan wasn't Joseph's immediate gratification or comfort but something far larger.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Yes I was made to believe I didn't have enough faith or that it must have been something bad I did? I think many evangelical churches taught that back in the 80s and 90s,.sadly

That thinking reminds me of Hinduism. That illness and disability is caused by negative karma or you did bad things in one life so now you have come back disabled. This is one reason why countries like that would leave the diabled to beg by the roadside. It's completly contrasted by Christianty that teaches us to love each other and do for each other. Nothing in the New Testmanet says illness is caused by doing something bad.
Matthew 25:40
"The King will reply, 'Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.'

How can we 'do for the least' if all the Christian brothers are healthy and rich and not in need of help.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that those who believe WOF give Satan too much credit, or the ones who dismiss it?
It is a common sentiment in WOF congregations to blame satan for everything. So much more time is spent attributing events to satan. Sometimes the activity takes up more time than worshiping Trinity God and such.

Not really my cup of tea.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That's not a very logical argument. He didn't cure the whole world of illnesses. It's not as if His ability to heal changed between Heaven and earth and back to Heaven. He healed when His will lined up with peoples' faith, or when He was moved to great compassion. Same as He does now.
What is the connection point with "he was never ill"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
It is a common sentiment in WOF congregations to blame satan for everything. So much more time is spent attributing events to satan. Sometimes the activity takes up more time than worshiping Trinity God and such.

Not really my cup of tea.
Because you don't recognize that it is a spiritual battle that never ends until Jesus second coming.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Because you don't recognize that it is a spiritual battle that never ends until Jesus second coming.
I'm constantly in a state of warfare, but realized long ago that we are more than conquerors. If all you do is fight, you'll wear yourself out.

Sometimes the best tactic is to enter into God's rest.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
That can not be back up by reality. Christ was fully human and fully God, He was like us in every way except sin. That means Christ got sick just like us, if He never got sick than it is all a lie and He was not like us. You seem to not understand that Christ was just like us getting sick, losing baby teeth, getting bumps and bruises, getting hungry, everything we experience.
I'm afraid I have to disagree with you, let me express my position. I believe because many of Jesus life on earth is hidden.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
In the garden the humans engaged in blamery and then were immediately after removed from the garden.

In James it is written that those who judge with mercy will be judged with mercy, and those who judge without mercy will be judged without mercy - So if you're consequence minded - keep this in mind and be a little kinder to yourself in the way you assess others directly and indirectly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I'm constantly in a state of warfare, but realized long ago that we are more than conquerors. If all you do is fight, you'll wear yourself out.

Sometimes the best tactic is to enter into God's rest.
But, I don't stop fighting, or I give to the devil chances.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
But, I don't stop fighting, or I give to the devil chances.
When you're using the carnal mind's fight or flight syndrome, sometimes the devil is you.

Here is the scenario - the devil might do one thing, once, ever to a person - and for the rest of their life, they assume every time the darkness within them says something similar - this is the devil, but it's not.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
In the garden the humans engaged in blamery and then were immediately after removed from the garden.

In James it is written that those who judge with mercy will be judged with mercy, and those who judge without mercy will be judged without mercy - So if you're consequence minded - keep this in mind and be a little kinder to yourself in the way you assess others directly and indirectly.
I don't understand you, in this chapter.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand you, in this chapter.
When you judge people saying they are sick, therefore God is punishing them. This is judging these people without mercy, this is judging God without mercy. It results in your mind becoming like Saul's in the story of King David.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
When you're using the carnal mind's fight or flight syndrome, sometimes the devil is you.

Here is the scenario - the devil might do one thing, once, ever to a person - and for the rest of their life, they assume every time the darkness within them says something similar - this is the devil, but it's not.
What do the devil and his demons do day and night without rest? Do you know that a demon cannot rest?

Upvote 0