• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

A Christian with corona virus

Discussion in 'Christian Philosophy & Ethics' started by lambofgod43985889, Oct 29, 2020.

1. lambofgod43985889

lambofgod43985889 Well-Known Member Supporter

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    What that means, I feel it's a shame.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,822
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    There are members on CF who've had the virus. Are you implying Christians should be immune?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

3. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    I feel god didn't take care of them in that specific aspect. Why a Christian could get coronavirus? I wonder why. I would feel bad or sad.

4. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,822
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Do you experience the same sadness when Christians get cancer, heart disease, and other maladies?

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Taodeching

Taodeching Active Member

+229
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Why does a Christian get the flu, a disability, a cold, any sickness because we are in a fallen world.

6. bottoWordx

bottoWordx Member

+35
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    what's the virus mean to you

7. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Shame, a weapon of the devil.

8. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Yes, and it is awful.

9. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,658
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Why shame?

10. bottoWordx

bottoWordx Member

+35
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    if someone understood the virus, they might see it differently

11. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Because god let you get that famous thorn of the devil.

12. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    Understand the virus? How so?

13. Taodeching

Taodeching Active Member

+229
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    It's a virus not a thorn of the Devil. It is what it is

14. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    As the corona virus is something in vogue it's different.

15. lambofgod43985889

+360
    Chile
    Protestant
    Private
    The devil is behind all the things that are happening.

16. bottoWordx

bottoWordx Member

+35
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    first of all, if a human and their conscience is evil, corrupt, defiled, they might see everything through that/such lens

17. Taodeching

Taodeching Active Member

+229
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    No, the devil is not behind all things. Nature is nature, God set it up man fell it is what it is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. public hermit

public hermit social troglodyte Supporter

+5,658
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    There is nothing promised that says Christians won't experience the sickness, troubles, sorrows, and death that is common to all of humanity. If our Lord could be rejected, maligned, and crucified, then we can expect any of the adverse circumstances that are possible.

You really need to get your thinking on this in check. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for a harsh awakening, and potentially a crisis of faith. Seriously, pray for wisdom and if your teachers are giving you this false impression you need to find better ones. May the wisdom and strength of Christ be with you.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  19. Isilwen

Isilwen Well-Known Member

+1,658
    United States
    Episcopalian
    In Relationship
    US-Democrat
    Umm, no. There is nothing shameful about getting sick. I have asthma. Have yet to get Covid-19. I have had the flu in the past, as well as a cold and allergies.

Are these all shameful things?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+8,307
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Your thinking is not right my friend.

God is all loving and merciful. He cares about all of His creation.

If we get ill, have cancer etc, it's not God's doing. No. It is 'nature', 'luck of the draw', 'genetic' etc.

For me, i offer up to God any suffering that comes my way. Asking Him to use it to benefit others. Did not Jesus suffer? Aren't we told to pick up our cross and follow Jesus?

Give thanks to God. Daily. Dont let the devil try and pull you away from God with false truths.

God bless you

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  21. bèlla

bèlla ❤️ Supporter

+11,822
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    The Lord doesn't heal everything. I shared a recent experience regarding an injury that required medical attention. I've been healed in the past more than once. But He permitted me to undergo treatment to a point. It wasn't for my sake. It was for those treating me who didn't know Him. He was glorified in that situation. But I suffered nonetheless. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List