A Christian Apology to Hugh Hefner ... !

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
[Note: This thread isn't specifically about inappropriate contentography; it is about Social Philosophy and the un-Christian damage it can do in society!]

As most of us who live in Western society know, Hugh Hefner's anti-Christian Playboy Philosophy is, for the most part, mainstream today and no longer just a transitional social proposition as it was back in the 1960's, during the so-called, Sexual Revolution.

Being that Hugh Hefner's philosophy has been so prevalent, undergoing some permutation in today's culture and becoming somewhat mainstream through media such as advertising, magazines, t.v. programs, movies, the internet, and also in people's lifestyles---and since he proffered his philosophy through his brand name empire which he began in 1953, and since he has sought to offer social 'inspiration' to many others in many nations over the past several decades, not just among his fellow inappropriate contentographers, mind you, but also to the masses living in one culture or another---we might all need to be aware of the underlying propositions of his social philosophy.

As Christians, we can be aware of this so we can better counter it; for atheists and non-Christians, Hefner's philosophy could amount to a form of confused "WELL-BEING" and I'd strongly suggest they reconsider and lean away from it.

Below is a video [48 minutes] of a debate from exactly 53 years ago this year between the late William F. Buckley, Jr., who was a conservative spokesman [Catholic apologist? ;)] and the host of the talk show, FIRING LINE, and his guest, Hugh Hefner.

What I'd like to hear is your comment(s) about key points of the debate that you find interesting or points on which you disagree with either Buckley or Hefner. OR, for those of you who have a hard time motivating yourselves to listen, pick a random 10 minute section to respond to.

And for something really interesting, please listen to what Hugh Hefner had to say between minute marks 40:50 to 42:45----I think you'll get the overall gist when you hear it. :rolleyes:

2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
And for something really interesting, please listen to what Hugh Hefner had to say between minute marks 40:50 to 42:45----I think you'll get the overall gist when you hear it. :rolleyes:
It isn't clear to me what you see as really interesting. Hugh Hefner seemed to be hoping for a UN with "safeguards" that would make nuclear disarmament by the US possible, but he acknowledged the difficulties. Lots of people hoped the UN could become a world government. The US created a lot of international institutions after WW2, and that effort has been pretty successful. We are getting there IMO.

I suppose this is connected with 666?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It isn't clear to me what you see as really interesting. Hugh Hefner seemed to be hoping for a UN with "safeguards" that would make nuclear disarmament by the US possible, but he acknowledged the difficulties. Lots of people hoped the UN could become a world government. The US created a lot of international institutions after WW2, and that effort has been pretty successful. We are getting there IMO.
No, if I heard him right, Hefner simply said that he thought, generally speaking, that some kind of "world governmental control" would be needed to coral nuclear armaments. He didn't precisely say it could have been or should have been the UN.

I suppose this is connected with 666?
There is that possibility. Now, how about offering your response to some of the more main points embedded in the REST of the lame philosophy that Hugh Hefner espoused?

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Being that Hugh Hefner's philosophy has been so prevalent, undergoing some permutation in today's culture and becoming somewhat mainstream through media such as advertising, magazines, t.v. programs, movies, the internet, and also in people's lifestyles--and since he proffered his philosophy through his brand name empire which he began in 1953, and since he has sought to offer social 'inspiration' to many others in many nations over the past several decades, not just among his fellow inappropriate contentographers, mind you, but also to the masses living in one culture or another, we might all need to be aware of the underlying propositions of his social philosophy.

Once a sentence goes beyond 50 words I start to lose interest. When it goes beyond a hundred words it has effectively lost touch with its intended meaning.

If you've run out of full stops, just ask. I have spares. :)
OB

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Now, how about offering your response to some of the more main points embedded in the REST of the lame philosophy that Hugh Hefner espoused?
I don't have the energy to watch an hour-long clip unfortunately.

• Agree
Reactions: HatedByAll
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Pick a random 10 minute section of it then... Geez folks
O.k. well I would have to say that Hefner makes a little more sense than Buckley and has better posture. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
O.k. well I would have to say that Hefner makes a little more sense than Buckley and has better posture. ;)

I see what's going on. For goodness sake! Alright, everyone can go back to watching the baby Yoda in the Mandalorian.

Sorry to interrupt! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Maybe Hefner got more back exercise than Buckley did. Maybe quite a bit more. o_O

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums