United States
✟10,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have recently realized that I have never truly been trusting Jesus or the Bible wholeheartedly, and it is the reason why I have never seen any significant change in my lifestyle. I used to think "I honestly believe the entire Bible is true and Jesus died for me and covered my sins, so I'm all good. I'm going to Heaven no matter what happens. I want to turn from my sins... well now I feel tempted... gotta resist... Wow the temptation is so strong... I want to sin so badly... I'll just give in and Jesus will forgive me and I'll try harder next time." Then the cycle repeats over and over and I have come to the conclusion that I need to somehow believe more and trust that the Bible is true more.

I've realized that I have never REALLY tried to understand what "trusting in Jesus" and "having faith in Jesus" actually means. Does having faith and trusting in Jesus mean that I make every effort possible to 100% trust and believe that He died for my sins so that God would forgive me anytime I sin, and that Jesus will step in and help me to resist temptation EVERY TIME I am tempted?

I have always wanted to sin and return to my old sinful life, but I know in my heart that I would end up with a reprobate mind and I would lose all desire to repent. I know in my heart that it is wrong to sin, but at the same time I want to sin so badly and just give up on the this christian lifestlye. Do I just pray for Jesus to lessen the desire in my heart to sin so that it will be easier for me to fight off temptation?

One thing that has always scared me is that I have never wanted to follow Jesus because of what He did for me, but only because I don't want to go to Hell and suffer for eternity. I think this is because I have been desensitized to the story of Jesus by growing up in a christian home all my life. Do I just pray for Him to change my heart? Do I pray for Him to give me the pure desire of following Him and becoming more like Him?

I just want to know Jesus... I want to have a relationship with Him and feel Him just like I see other people doing... I always feel like I am praying into the void... no one is listening or answering... I just want a true relationship with Him... I feel like I am alone... so alone... I want to feel His love so badly...

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have recently realized that I have never truly been trusting Jesus or the Bible wholeheartedly, and it is the reason why I have never seen any significant change in my lifestyle. I used to think "I honestly believe the entire Bible is true and Jesus died for me and covered my sins, so I'm all good. I'm going to Heaven no matter what happens. I want to turn from my sins... well now I feel tempted... gotta resist... Wow the temptation is so strong... I want to sin so badly... I'll just give in and Jesus will forgive me and I'll try harder next time." Then the cycle repeats over and over and I have come to the conclusion that I need to somehow believe more and trust that the Bible is true more.

I've realized that I have never REALLY tried to understand what "trusting in Jesus" and "having faith in Jesus" actually means. Does having faith and trusting in Jesus mean that I make every effort possible to 100% trust and believe that He died for my sins so that God would forgive me anytime I sin, and that Jesus will step in and help me to resist temptation EVERY TIME I am tempted?

I have always wanted to sin and return to my old sinful life, but I know in my heart that I would end up with a reprobate mind and I would lose all desire to repent. I know in my heart that it is wrong to sin, but at the same time I want to sin so badly and just give up on the this christian lifestlye. Do I just pray for Jesus to lessen the desire in my heart to sin so that it will be easier for me to fight off temptation?

One thing that has always scared me is that I have never wanted to follow Jesus because of what He did for me, but only because I don't want to go to Hell and suffer for eternity. I think this is because I have been desensitized to the story of Jesus by growing up in a christian home all my life. Do I just pray for Him to change my heart? Do I pray for Him to give me the pure desire of following Him and becoming more like Him?

I just want to know Jesus... I want to have a relationship with Him and feel Him just like I see other people doing... I always feel like I am praying into the void... no one is listening or answering... I just want a true relationship with Him... I feel like I am alone... so alone... I want to feel His love so badly...
"I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh" (Ezekiel 36:26). You need to be baptized in the Holy Spirit son. Ask Him how and He'll lead you. God bless :).

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟260,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

“I just want to have a true relationship with Him”

This is the greatest desire anybody can have! Keep this desire forefront in your life and this desire will do all for you that you want/need to be done.

As far as your desire for sin and you continuing to fall. You are stuck in Romans 7. A normal place for a growing Christian. The answer to get out of a Roman 7 situation is to learn what it means to have “died in Christ”. Pray that God would open this truth in your innermost being and you “will” be set free from the power of your fallen nature. When this is seen, the scripture “reckon yourself dead” becomes your life. You will love to “reckon yourself dead” for you will see that it is the only way to “deny self pick up cross and follow Jesus”.

Above all keep that desire!!! It “WILL” do all for you that you need done.

Much love and prayers in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God will do His good work in you as long as you want Him and it seems you do. So don't be impatient and too harsh on yourself.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Think about it in another sense. Every big goal or big sin in this case you can take many smaller steps that will help you overcome.

For instance, I am single and make sure I do not do a few things, like watch inappropriate content or R rated movies, or even PG-13 movies or tv shows with overt sexual content. The same with books, website, magazines, ect. If I catch myself thinking impure thoughts, I try to remember that each person at their essence is made in God's image and I am doing a disservice to God as well as sinning against myself and the other person if I am in lust.

Like anything else, small steps lead to being able to get past bigger things when it is built upon.

I would break down the larger sins I am trying to avoid and really think about what I could do to minimize the impact.

Just start taking a few small steps. Know that you may not be able to stop right away, but those small steps will help you on your way and to come to a good place in overcoming the sin.

• Useful
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0