Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
AV1611VET said:
Sorry, my friend, if Jesus would have posted this in His Word, then I would have believed it; but the fact of the matter is: He doesn't believe it Himself, and neither do I.

Did he ever state: "No, I do not believe in Evolution!"?

Upvote 0

Dimitree

May 23, 2006
Blagoevgrad
✟8,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Uhh you guys miss the point :p
I already beaten every theory ^_^

::Me:: Ok just tell me what made the + a + and the - a - in a atom
Good luck
:: Dannager:: Uh, we did. Man ascribed the "+" symbol to what we refer to as a positive charge in atomic physics. The same holds for the "-" symbol.
::me:: Ok ok i know that but what made it a "positive charge"
and a negative charge ?
All the things that exist are bound to the laws that exist betwean atoms molecules and so on right ?
What made these laws ?
::gluadys:: The properties of sub-atomic particles.
Scientific laws are descriptive, not prescriptive. Unlike laws passed by legislatures, they do not say what should be. They simply describe what is.

::me::
AMEN !!!
Here is the rock of all who beleive in sciance and evolution and all that
Someone sit on a chair and watched the winds and "described" them.
Then all of you people came and sayd hey the winds blow becaouse of that reason.
So your rock are the words of someone who described something LOL
Amen !

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Dimitree said:
Uhh you guys miss the point :p
I already beaten every theory ^_^

::Me:: Ok just tell me what made the + a + and the - a - in a atom
Good luck
:: Dannager:: Uh, we did. Man ascribed the "+" symbol to what we refer to as a positive charge in atomic physics. The same holds for the "-" symbol.
::me:: Ok ok i know that but what made it a "positive charge"
and a negative charge ?
All the things that exist are bound to the laws that exist betwean atoms molecules and so on right ?
What made these laws ?
::gluadys:: The properties of sub-atomic particles.
Scientific laws are descriptive, not prescriptive. Unlike laws passed by legislatures, they do not say what should be. They simply describe what is.

::me::
AMEN !!!
Here is the rock of all who beleive in sciance and evolution and all that
Someone sit on a chair and watched the winds and "described" them.
Then all of you people came and sayd hey the winds blow becaouse of that reason.
So your rock are the words of someone who described something LOL
Amen !

And evolution is a mafia in worldwide.... we know.

Good Bye, and thanks for the wasted bandwidth.

Upvote 0

Dimitree

May 23, 2006
Blagoevgrad
✟8,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Freodin said:
And evolution is a mafia in worldwide.... we know.

Good Bye, and thanks for the wasted bandwidth.

Lol so you want me to build my vision for life and all that exists on the "description" of someone else about something ???

bb indeed :)

Upvote 0

Adriac

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟16,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dimitree said:
Lol so you want me to build my vision for life and all that exists on the "description" of someone else about something ???

bb indeed :)

Yeah, really. A bunch of words, written by someone else, about something they saw? That's no basis for a world view, good heavens no!

Reactions: Goatboy
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,908,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Freodin said:
Then how do you know?
q.v. Post 83 please --- 3rd premise.

It's called reading comprehension skills.

Jesus doesn't have to say "No, I do not believe in Evolution!" to convince me that He does not believe in Evolution --- there's other ways to to say it.

If you think about it, if He would have made that statement, His the Pharisees and His disciples would have been scratching their heads wondering what He meant.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
AV1611VET said:

Jesus doesn't have to say "No, I do not believe in Evolution!" to convince me that He does not believe in Evolution --- there's other ways to to say it.
And that way is misapplying statements from the Bible, it seems.

Well, Jesus did never make any statements about the mechanisms of creation - neither for or against Evolution. So short of asking him, there is no way of knowing what he believed about this topic.

And if you consider it, Jesus did not make any statements about electronics either.... does that mean he would attribute the machine you are typing your response on to demonic forces?

If you think about it, if He would have made that statement, His the Pharisees and His disciples would have been scratching their heads wondering what He meant.
Exactly! Neither he nor his disciples nor his opponents had any idea about the concepts of Evolution. We do.

And neither Jesus, nor his disciples or opponents had any idea about the concepts of printing, clockworks, electricity or microchips.

So if Jesus did not believe that books could be printed by thousands.... should you read a Bible?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

goddit

Jun 23, 2006
✟177.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Dimitree said:
I can beat ANY evolution or materialistic theory just with one question :)

WHY ?

To cut things short please take some time to ask the question WHY to your belives and post something when you are shure that you can't ask the question WHY anymore :p

I have a question for you why why?

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Freodin said:
Did he ever state: "No, I do not believe in Evolution!"?
Perhaps you would like to explain your theory for the evolution of the virgin birth for us? While your at it, maybe you can also explain the theory of the evolution of the immaculate conception. I am sure that would be of interest for all of us :)

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:
Perhaps you would like to explain your theory for the evolution of the virgin birth for us? While your at it, maybe you can also explain the theory of the evolution of the immaculate conception. I am sure that would be of interest for all of us :)

Tomk80 said:
AV1611VET, master of the non-sequitur.
Freodin said:
Sorry, but that is JohnR7. He is still unbeaten in this field.

It´s good to see that you work hard to justify my faith in you, John. You are still my champion. Keep up your good work.

Upvote 0

Garnett

Jan 10, 2006
✟16,110.00
Faith
Agnostic
AV1611VET said:
Jesus doesn't have to say "No, I do not believe in Evolution!" to convince me that He does not believe in Evolution

How intellectually dishonest! You base your belief on YEC on a literal interpretation of the Bible, and then infer information that isn't present. What absolute hypocrisy!

Double standards aren't tolerated anywhere else, why should pepole make exception for you?

Care to offer us any other gems not present in the Bible but which you have managed to infer?

Is this whole thread about you assuming you are closer to God than everyone else, seeking attention from others on the forum through childish tactics and acting, either geniunely, or disingeniunely, ignorant?

How anyone can think they are currying God's favour by acting in this way I don't think I'll ever understand.

NB. And look, still no Creationists stepping forward to curb this behaviour. Speaks volumes for YEC's sincerity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dimitree

May 23, 2006
Blagoevgrad
✟8,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most of you guys didn't take the time to consider things and doubt in what you know and what other people know.
You just know something becaouse 80% of the world says it's SO.But you didn't make the simple step to doubt in it :)
What if 99% of the world is wrong ?
Are you ready to fallow them ?
I guess yes and you do it the best way you can :)

Have you taken time to consider the system that humans build for living ?What is the purpus of that system ? How everything must have a solid touch+see ground ?
How children are born and get rased in kindergardens where they receive the introduction of that system and then in school and in university and then the totaly mind blowing real time experiance of the great and totaly awesom build of life in that gloryus paradise of materialism.
A system that prouced all the gr8 joys you have :)
If you are honest can you say that you are happy ?
That you are happy with what you see every day on TV on the streets and in your life ?
And i can tell you WHY you never will be happy :)
Cos your rock is not faith but the chair you sit on !
And when that chair brakes you will fall and get hurt!
You guys place your comfort in all that you can see and touch ! Yet you know that all these things brake and parish in time :)

I can't think of a more not logical way of living then the one to place your faith in things you can see and touch :)
For when all these things brake and disolv you will know on what you build your house :p

"And the rivers will come and that house will fall with great destruction "
"Build your house on a rock ! "

Upvote 0

fromdownunder

Apr 21, 2006
✟9,024.00
Faith
Atheist
JohnR7 said:

Well, John, the evolution, as a dogmatic concept, rather than a scientific one, comes firstly:

Re: the Virgin birth - a mistranslation of the meaning of the word "almah" in Isaiah by the author of Matthew who took it as virgin, rather than the more ambigious term "young woman". And, by the way, the Isaiah said that he shall be called Immanuel, not Yeshua, and that self same prophesy was fulfilled later in the same chapter of isaiah.

The Immaculate Conception was accepted as Roman Catholic dogma in 1854, so it had a pretty long gestation period. Why did it take over 1800 years to grow from an idea (not necessarily condoned in the Bible, since, and for the sake of the discussion, Jesus had at least 6 siblings) to RC dogma? This is Biblical "evolution".

Norm

Upvote 0

japhy

Melius servire volo
Jun 13, 2006
Princeton, NJ, USA
Visit site
✟8,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Hebrews did not understand God's law for them. Because of the hardness of their hearts, Moses (not God) gave men the right to divorce their wives, but that was not God's will from the beginning (Matthew 19:8, cf. Deuteronomy 24:1-4). It is plausible, then, that the Hebrews did not understand God's creation of the universe and that they had to explain it for themselves, using parables that got the true message across, being inspired by God Himself.

I believe in evolution as guided by God: "theistic evolution". I believe God brought the universe into existence several billion years ago and that several thousand years ago He made His presence truly known to us by direct contact, not just by the wonders of creation all around us (Romans 1:19-21). You may have heard scientists saying that there are a handful of phyiscal and mathemathical constants that, had they differed in the slightest, the universe would not exist, or we would not exist; they marvel (either at God or at "chance") that we live the perfect distance away from our Sun, and that our Moon is the proper size and distance from the planet such that tides are not too powerful, but also that we get rare glimpses at total eclipses of our Sun.

But why not? If the universal constants were only slightly off, we wouldn't be here to complain about them! If tides were too strong, we wouldn't be here to complain about them! We breathe in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide, and plants breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out oxygen! How fortunate! But we, as oxygen-breathing creatures, wouldn't be around if it weren't for that fact!

Or would we? Where in the Bible does it say "And God said to the plants, 'Breathe out such-and-such a gas, and breathe in such-and-such a different gas.' And God said to the beasts of the land, and to men, 'Breathe out the gas the plants inhale, and breathe in the gas the plants exhale.'"? It doesn't. But that's what happens. I doubt the Hebrews knew that about plants, but that doesn't mean God didn't know! It was His design, His intent! It just so happens that the planet we live on supports the forms of life that live on it... well, duh. That does not make us unique. What makes us unique, what makes us special, is that, as far as we know, we are the only organism in the universe to have been made in the image of God.

I hear arguments about the speed of light having slowed down over the past 6000 years -- as an explanation for how we see stars that are millions of light-years away -- and that just baffles me. I hear that God produced those stars with their light already in transit. That sounds like an answer bred out of fear, not faith. To those answers, I ask you "why?" Why would God need to do that? Why not make the universe smaller? Why is the universe so gigantic, if all we really need is this one planet, where God has housed those He made in His image? Why would God produce other planets around those stars, if we wouldn't have been able even to detect them until a few years ago? Does God really think we don't already have enough in this fallen world to challenge our faith in Him?

Or could it be that the universe is a logical, physical progression of a creation act initiated billions of years ago? That stars form, and soon planets form around them, and some of those planets get a moon (or two, or twenty)? And of all those planets, some of them are just the right distance away from their star to support a form of life that God can call His own? A life form with a brain big enough to think up amazing things, legs and back strong enough to walk upright, hands dextrous enough to build and to use tools?

Did the Hebrews need to know about this? Wasn't it more important to them, in God's almighty opinion, that they learn about the coming of their Savior? The prophets told the people to repent (or to deal with the consequences!) and to look for the Messiah. Christ was (and is) more important than all other things. And now that we know our Savior, all these other things will be added unto us.

Amen.

Upvote 0

Tomk80

Titleless
Apr 27, 2004
Maastricht
Visit site
✟21,582.00
Faith
Agnostic
AV1611VET said:

If you don't explain your reasoning, nobody is going to understand it. Basic general comprehension skills.

If you assert that Jesus didn't believe in evolution, but you don't do anything to back it up except point to where you made the same statement before, you're just repeating yourself. Repeating yourself over and over again will never make you more correct. Basic general comprehension skills.

And you have yet to show that he made any such statements.

But he didn't make any statements to that effect, other than saying very generally that God created. But God could have used evolution as a tool to create, so that isn't exactly an indication on his beliefs.

You have yet to show that Jesus indicated he did not believe in evolution, either implicitly or explicitly.

Upvote 0