Russian Federal Subject of America
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you truly believe that, than I could see how for you the matter would be so.

They didn't "find Christ", they found a sect of Christians that appeal to emotions and put on performances. That sect is full of cults and con artists.

Upvote 0

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In your opinion, to which you are certainly entitled.

It's not my opinion, but that's what people like to say to ignore facts.

Pentecostalism is full of cults and con artists. It was the birthplace of the prosperity gospel. It is the source of TV preachers taking what pennies they can get from old ladies in the hope of being cured of some disease.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not my opinion, but that's what people like to say to ignore facts.
It’s also what people say when they wish to respect the rules of a subforum that request they regrain from engaging in debate on such things. God bless.

Upvote 0

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s also what people say when they wish to respect the rules of a subforum that request they regrain from engaging in debate on such things. God bless.

Then don't debate. Don't go to a subforum and tell people it's their opinion. That's not respectful, it is sly.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then don't debate. Don't go to a subforum and tell people it's their opinion. That's not respectful, it is sly.
But it is your opinion, just like my opinion is my opinion and everyone else's opinion is there opinion. That's not really even debatable; it's just reality.

Upvote 0

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it is your opinion, just like my opinion is my opinion and everyone else's opinion is there opinion. That's not really even debatable; it's just reality.

No, it isn't a matter of opinion.

A group of Christians which join the Pentecostal sect didn't "find Christ." That's your anti-Catholic vomit that Catholics aren't Christians. You won't say that here, but you'll find ways to imply it.

What you were saying wasn't hidden.

Pentecostals created the prosperity Gospel. They created all kinds of cults, some of which were suicidal. They rip people off by promising miracles for money. Every TV religion scam is based on pentecostalism.

Those are all facts. My opinion is that anyone that tells me they are pentecostal is telling me they aren't right in the head.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A group of Christians which join the Pentecostal sect didn't "find Christ." That's your anti-Catholic vomit that Catholics aren't Christians. You won't say that here, but you'll find ways to imply it.

Including this one, I now have 2,832 posts on this site. I defy you to find one example of me making any such claim. You can't because I haven't...because that's not remotely my belief. Now friend, I'm not here to debate theology. But I know for a fact that the NASB also contains Exodus 20:16. Just food for thought. God bless.

Upvote 0

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Including this one, I now have 2,832 posts on this site. I defy you to find one example of me making any such claim. You can't because I haven't...because that's not remotely my belief. Now friend, I'm not here to debate theology. But I know for a fact that the NASB also contains Exodus 20:16. Just food for thought. God bless.

You had no reason to post what you did. You have made it clear you like to be sly and play around with the rules of the subforum.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes the best advice is from a perspective outside one's own.

You didn't offer advice. You said they found Christ, as they became pentacostal.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish you the best of luck. God bless.

No, you're trolling and likely clicking the report button all the way with your socks.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You didn't offer advice.
That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it.
You said they found Christ, as they became pentacostal.
Actually, that's not what I said. I made no statement regarding when they found Christ, only that they apparently had found Him.
No, you're trolling and clicking the report button all the way with your socks. I am not stupid. I just don't care and I'll call a spade a spade.
Could we please stay with reality? Discourse is much easier that way. Thanks again, and God bless.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi everyone. I have read every single reply and appreciate all your thoughtfulness. I'm going to give my son a lot of the feedback I've received.

If I could make my request clearer, I need bold answers that clearly take a position and give reasons, such as "They should get married in the Catholic Church because of 1, 2, and 3," or "It's probably better to let them get married outside of the church because of A, B, and C."

As to the theological debate going on which is particularly abusive from one of you, as the writer of the OP I'm asking you guys to please stop. It has nothing to do with my question, and is incredibly divisive. First of all, not all Pentecostals believe that all Catholics are not Christians. Secondly, not all Catholics believe that Pentecostalism is a cult -- there are plenty of Charismatic Catholics. So please knock it off you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

RadiantGrace

Jul 18, 2017
✟23,705.00
Country
Russian Federation
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't mean to debate on this advice forum, but I do have to make a comment about this. I was a Pentecostal for 12 years from 1966-1978, after that, although I fellowshiped with Anglican, Baptist, and now a Presbyterian church, I have not abandoned my Pentecostal theology. I still believe in tongues, prophecy and healing, the importance of preaching the gospel, loving the Bible, following Jesus, preaching repentance, and the need for personal holiness, which the majority of Pentecostals do.

Tell me, now that I have been that way for 50 years now and am 70 years of age and still love worshiping God the Pentecostal way, when do you think it will wear off?

There is no debate here. You are polite and obviously mean no harm, only to share the joy you have found in Christ and quite appropriately. You said you fellowshipped with other churches, does that mean you worshiped with them and not a Pentecostal group? Most statistics I find, and I love math, and religion, and science, and research, show that involvement within Pentecostalism is generally short term. It lasts a while, but they go seeking something else. They go to another church, another form of pentecostalism, or go to another church.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There is no debate here. You are polite and obviously mean no harm, only to share the joy you have found in Christ and quite appropriately. You said you fellowshipped with other churches, does that mean you worshiped with them and not a Pentecostal group? Most statistics I find, and I love math, and religion, and science, and research, show that involvement within Pentecostalism is generally short term. It lasts a while, but they go seeking something else. They go to another church, another form of pentecostalism, or go to another church.
I left one church because I left that city, and joined up with a small Pentecostal mission with a very sound and faithful "old school" Pentecostal pastor who was very strong on holiness as well as the ministry of the Holy Spirit. He was very strict in his approach and if anyone in his church stood up and started spouting nonsense, he would tell them in no uncertain terms to sit down. He was 66 when I first met him and knew him until he died around five years later. I left his church to join my wife's church when we got married, because she preferred the larger Charismatic church in the city. I was involved as a deacon in that church from 1973-78. I left it when my marriage broke up because I didn't like how they gossiped about my wife and how one or two put pressure on her, telling her that she was not part of the true body of Christ because she had doubts about some of the things that church was teaching. That was one of the reasons my marriage broke up because there was a wedge driven between my wife and I through attitudes in that church. That is the reason why I became disillusioned with it and left, joining up with an Anglican church. My wife was still with me at the time, and I am sure that she received some quite threatening telephone calls that caused her to want to flee from the city and our marriage. She didn't believe that I could effectively defend her, and she became clinically depressed. When a person becomes clinically depressed they perceive everything quite differently and believe things that they would not believe it they were well. After she left, one of the senior elders told me that he had no answers for me, and another elder told me that I could never be married again. So, that really disillusioned me and I decided to stop being a Pentecostal altogether. But I couldn't abandon the teaching my old school pastor had taught me, but he had passed away and I didn't have his wisdom to fall back on; so I felt alone in a place where there were no charts to guide me. That was 1980. It was not until 1995 that I was able to go back to that city and re-establish contact with some of my good friends there. It would take too much time and space to relate how God worked with me to be forgiving, and to see that it wasn't Pentecostalism that was at fault, it was some Pentecostals who weren't exhibiting the fruit of the Spirit toward me at that time.

Happily I made contact against with my old pastor's son in law, who ran a prophetic ministry in my present city, and he is only one of about two or three in the Pentecostal ministry that I would trust to be a mentor for me if I asked them.

So, it is not the Pentecostal theology that is at fault, it is the way some extremists in the movement practice it, causing confusion and disillusionment in some and cause them to leave and go somewhere where they think things are done decently and in order.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums