• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A Case for Schizophrenia as Temporal Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

La vérité

Feb 25, 2009
Canada
Visit site
✟7,771.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many of the religious folk of today simply worship God and that's about it. They think that if they JUST worship God then that's all it takes to get a trip into heaven.

They just keep on being sinful. They just keep on focusing upon themselves while 10 million children ages 5 and under have been dying per year for quite some time.

They do nothing but pray for the children, at best, thus they dump the burden upon Christ's shoulders such that it costs them absolutely nothing, thus they do so such that they can still buy that third flat screen Hd TV, that second or third car, that bigger house, etc.

The Satan character loves these people.

However, those whom are good at heart are not on his list of approval.

With this being the case, many become his victims.

When this occurs, the victims are defined as being mentally disturbed people.

The fake religious people think that the Satan character belongs in hell forever. Yet they do not seem to think that he does anything bad to those of this world. Thus if he does do such things, the fake religious people say things such as "God works in mysterious ways.", rather than saying that the Satan character is up to no good once again.

Religion is accepted in this world. Yet being targeted by an evil Satan character is said to be nothing but something that is ALL in your mind, all in your head.

This is a case of one sidedness. One sidedness is a case of insanity.
Perhaps a mere handful of people these days may be considered to be actual victims of Satan.
This therefore implies that the ratio between good and evil is roughly 7.2 Billion to 5 or so.

That reduces the magnitude of evil down to damn near nothing.

Yet again, the fake religious folk say that the Satan character belongs in hell forever even though according to them he doesn't do much to the people of this world.

It seems as though a significant portion of their minds is missing. According to the Bible, the ratio between good and evil is definitely NOT roughly 7.2 Billion to 5 or so.

So not to forget....
When you speak to God, it is called religion and you are surrounded by the loving arms of the religious context.

And not to forget..
When Satan targets you, it now jumps into the field of science and it is said the be a delusion, an hallucination.

Upvote 0

Denvercross

Jul 7, 2013
✟7,631.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
At first I thought that schizophrenia was a punishment from God for having a sinful life. Then I realized that it may have been an attack of Satan. No sickness or illness comes from God. And when you dance with the devil he eventually catched you in his traps. God is life. So now I concentrate on attacking Satan and to go away from him. God forgives, He doesn't hurt people. Amen and peace to you all.

Upvote 0

TryChange

Jan 13, 2019
Tracy
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Finally some people that get it. I'm schizo too. Schizophrenia is most definitely a punishment from God.

As was said there is a way to get them to go away: through repentance. Not just ordinary repenetance either (turning away from sin) but also by making a list of all your sins and apologizing for all of them including those that can get you thrown in jail or kicked out of the family. Ideally you should do this as part of a 12 step group so that a sponsor can help you decide what to do for each sin (see steps 4 and step 9). You'll need to find a hardcore sponsor thats willing to go there with you.

PS Delusions were previously discussed - in my estimation the purpose of the delusions are to sideline you for a while - make you lost in your own thoughts and unable to function.

In my experience the delusion phase doesnt last long as long as you are no longer smoking meth or pot or drinking too much or doing other extremely harmful activities to yourself or others. After that the voices just sort of generally torment you.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am so happy you are here. I loved the last paragraph of your post - it is clear you are leaning on your faith and your surety in God's grace and goodness to carry you through the dark times. I love your enthusiam for spreading the message to others, being so happy hear to tell us how much you love the Lord and what He has done with you.

We all have our own struggles, but you are on the right path to concentrate on God through the thick and thin of life. I hope to keep seeing you around talking about your progress in faith, life, and the happiness of life.

Upvote 0

Mhiriam

Dec 29, 2018
Melbourne
✟19,203.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey - for a good Christian view on suffering, including illnesses, maybe look at How Long O Lord by D A Carson.
No, you are not necessarily being punished for some particular evil sin. It sounds delusional to me as well. 1 John - If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves, if we confess our sin He is faithful and will forgive us.

Mim

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread is closed. Please read Statement of Purpose - Psychosis and Schizophrenia SOP - Read First which includes:

The Psychosis and Schizophrenia forum is for individuals who are seeking support for these issues including hallucinations, delusions, psychotic episodes due to depression, bipolar disorder, addictions psychosis, schizophrenia, or other disorders that create psychotic episodes. We understand that some psychotic episodes may be spiritual in nature. When addressing the concerns of episodes where spiritual issues are primary, absolutely no spiritual warfare posts, or posts insinuating that these hallucinations or delusions are from satan.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.