Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Starting with the President and likewise through all members of Congress.

Release one, release all.
Fine by me. Public servants give up certain privacy rights, for good reason. If you want to hold the purse strings of the people’s money, we should see how you manage your own.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To be fair to Hammster (who didn't actually make anything like an actual claim, that's not his style), but Hammster is likely correct: tax forms will not show the individual investments.

BUT SEC filings might. It is not uncommon for top C-suite executives list their own sales of the company they work for (sometimes called "insider transactions"). So it would require an additional set of forms to be made publically available. Not so much the tax forms.
I agree, however, a tax return will show total profit from investments. If profits jump from one year to the next it might indicate that there needs to be further investigation. At that point they could be asked for documentation showing where they have invested and when. Most would have gotten an itemized statement from their broker.

Reactions: GlabrousDory4
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine by me. Public servants give up certain privacy rights, for good reason. If you want to hold the purse strings of the people’s money, we should see how you manage your own.

It makes me curious to know what the current President is trying to hide when he refuses to release his tax returns. I think he's trying to hide something that could possibly get him impeached.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
It makes me curious to know what the current President is trying to hide when he refuses to release his tax returns. I think he's trying to hide something that could possibly get him impeached.
I've thought that all along. Of course, there is possibility that he is so poor that he would forfeit the 'billionaire' ranking. Given Trump's ego, that would be a serious reason to withhold tax returns.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If a business wants to use a bank's funding, the bank demands financial statements. They need to know that their investment will pay off for them.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Go ahead and post yours, then.
Golly, I wouldn't want to shame you by showing off my astoundingly low income, so I'll pass for now.

I see now that there was no pleasing you. Rather than try to make some poor excuse for Pelosi and say she's the pristine queen of holiness and only King Donald should have his finances inspected, or claim that only people running for certain offices should have this requirement, I went all the way and said let's just have a fully transparent system of income taxation. And I get a smarmy "why don't you just post yours?"

You understand, right, that that' s not a successful dig? Because my posting my pathetic tax return on CF...isn't a fully transparent system? It's just some guy's tax return?

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If a business wants to use a bank's funding, the bank demands financial statements. They need to know that their investment will pay off for them.
Makes sense! I don’t personally consider finances a very private matter. I would be fine with anyone seeing my tax returns, etc.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've thought that all along. Of course, there is possibility that he is so poor that he would forfeit the 'billionaire' ranking. Given Trump's ego, that would be a serious reason to withhold tax returns.
Hold on. Are you suggesting that he is capable of misrepresenting his personal wealth?

Upvote 0

GlabrousDory4

Dec 27, 2018
Seattle
✟30,341.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What about birth certificates for officials who are minorities?

Well, OBVIOUSLY that's a no-brainer! I mean if they are non-white there's something fishy...there's no way they could be AMERICAN!!

Definitely all birth certificates. Long form. The original (no reproductions) and swearings by all doctors who were present at the birth. And an DNA sample.

• Haha
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, OBVIOUSLY that's a no-brainer! I mean if they are non-white there's something fishy...there's no way they could be AMERICAN!!

Definitely all birth certificates. Long form. The original (no reproductions) and swearings by all doctors who were present at the birth. And an DNA sample.
And 24 hour video footage of the candidate's entire life, because who knows what people get up to when they're not on camera?

'cept for reality TV stars.

Reactions: GlabrousDory4
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And 24 hour video footage of the candidate's entire life, because who knows what people get up to when they're not on camera?

'cept for reality TV stars.
I dunno. I would get tired of just sitting watching Democrats reading the Anarchists handbook, worshipping Saul Zalinsky or whatever his name is, and raping children under pizza restaurants.

I mean....yaaaaaawn.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
That is the 64,000,000 question.

What need rides to the level of removing the privacy protections in place. And once one is removed, why not remove all of them.

Meanwhile, when Joe submits to his random drug testing for his job, he can take comfort in knowing that his body is public domain, but his boss' finances are sacrosanct.

• Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,287.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Shouldn’t we just let the IRS audit them every year? I’m sure if there’s something illegal, it will be found.
The IRS only audits for compliance with tax laws - they don't care about conflicts of interest or self-dealing.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,055.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm just curious here. To see if Trump or any other President have cheated on their taxes? How could this finding discrepancies work? First one sends their taxes to the IRS. It's they that assess them. It's they who put their stamp of approval on them saying their OK and if they don't they do an audit. If they don't do a audit how can one make claims seeing now Trump's tax returns that he cheated. Didn't the government ALREADY DECLARE they're fine and acceptable? I agree their should be honestly in filing taxes.

But can't we see going after a President after tax issues AFTER the returns are already stamped OK well what is one doing. Going in to change the decisions already made by an IRS agent? And yes all should be honest in filing BUT if you're a man who does much business and your on the scale of a Trump....wouldn't tax lawyers be looking for every cent they can preserve.....claiming A, B or C may think it their right and if the IRS doesn't believe so they'd say NO. I just don't get how you can look at a tax return and just make a declaration it's a cheat if IRS agents have deemed them acceptable.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm just curious here. To see if Trump or any other President have cheated on their taxes? How could this finding discrepancies work? First one sends their taxes to the IRS. It's they that assess them. It's they who put their stamp of approval on them saying their OK and if they don't they do an audit. If they don't do a audit how can one make claims seeing now Trump's tax returns that he cheated. Didn't the government ALREADY DECLARE they're fine and acceptable? I agree their should be honestly in filing taxes.

But can't we see going after a President after tax issues AFTER the returns are already stamped OK well what is one doing. Going in to change the decisions already made by an IRS agent? And yes all should be honest in filing BUT if you're a man who does much business and your on the scale of a Trump....wouldn't tax lawyers be looking for every cent they can preserve.....claiming A, B or C may think it their right and if the IRS doesn't believe so they'd say NO. I just don't get how you can look at a tax return and just make a declaration it's a cheat if IRS agents have deemed them acceptable.
Then I wonder why he won't release them...hm.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For what purpose do we need to see them?
To get a better idea of what they really do with their money and see if they are as really rich, you know, as they claim.

• Informative
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is the 64,000,000 question.

What need rides to the level of removing the privacy protections in place. And once one is removed, why not remove all of them.
Elected federal officials give up all their financial privacy. Otherwise they could be paying off inappropriate content stars, engaging in business deals with unsavory foreign entities and lying about charitable donations and about being “really rich, you know”.

Upvote 0