✟1,352,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 51 English Standard Version (ESV)

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David, when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.

Have mercy on me, O God,
according to your steadfast love;
according to your abundant mercy
blot out my transgressions.
2 Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity,
and cleanse me from my sin!

3 For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is ever before me.
4 Against you, you only, have I sinned
and done what is evil in your sight,
so that you may be justified in your words
and blameless in your judgment.
5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity,
and in sin did my mother conceive me.
6 Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being,
and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart.

As believers in Jesus Christ, we are to no longer walk in sin. But that does not mean we will never sin again. In fact, it is possible for a true believer in Jesus Christ to go through a period of time where he or she sins greatly against the Lord.

If we read the letters to the churches in chapters 2 and 3 of The Book of Revelation we will see evidence of churches, which are made up of Christians, who were not walking with the Lord.

Some of them were allowing sexual sin to take place in the church. Some of them were given over to idolatry. Some of them had merely forsaken Jesus as their first love. But whatever their sin was, God was calling them to repent.

For, although Jesus Christ died on the cross to set us free from our slavery to sin, we are not immune to sin. Daily, by the Spirit of God, we are to die to sin and self. Daily we are to put on the armor of God and to walk in the Spirit of God.

Nonetheless, if for some reason we do Fall Away from our pure devotion Jesus Christ, and we wander off to follow after the gods of this world, instead, then we need to repent. We need to return to Jesus Christ as our only Lord and Savior, and truly make him master of our lives.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;
wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
8 Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
9 Hide your face from my sins,
and blot out all my iniquities.
10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and renew a right spirit within me.
11 Cast me not away from your presence,
and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and uphold me with a willing spirit.

If any of us do wander off, and if we sin greatly against our Lord, he is loving and forgiving, and he will restore us to himself, if we turn away from our sin, and if we walk with him in obedience. And, He will renew us to a right relationship with him, perhaps even stronger in our faith than we ever were before.

But let me add a word of caution here. Many people today have this idea that faith in Jesus Christ gives them permission to keep on in their sinful addictions while promising them heaven when they die. That is a lie of Satan, so don't believe it.

Jesus died on that cross cross that we might die with him to sin and live with him to righteousness. And the scriptures make it real clear that if we continue in our sin, in practice, that we don't know God, and that we don't have eternal life with God.

So, don't be fooled. We are all going to reap what we sow. If we sow to please the flesh, from the flesh we will reap destruction. But if we sow to please the Spirit, by the Spirit, then from the Spirit we will reap eternal life.

Then I will teach transgressors your ways,
and sinners will return to you.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God,
O God of my salvation,
and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
and my mouth will declare your praise.
16 For you will not delight in sacrifice, or I would give it;
you will not be pleased with a burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.

Those who have truly repented of their sins are not going to continue to walk in sin. They will do a complete turnabout. And they will go the opposite direction.

Not that this is any justification for sin, because it is not, but often those who have sinned greatly against the Lord, and have been renewed to a right relationship with the Lord, are those you are very passionate about the Lord because they are so grateful for God's grace that set them free.

And so they will be very passionate about sharing with others the grace of God that not only forgives sin, but which delivers us out of our slavery to sin. For, they understand the grip that sin can have on our lives. But, they also know the freedom that we can have in Christ Jesus. And so they will want to get the word out to as many as possible, to those still walking on sin, to let them know Jesus died to set them free. So, there is hope.

But, we have to truly repent. We have to Humble ourselves before God, not only in owning up to our sin, but in truly turning away from it to follow our Lord and obedience. For, our Lord is not interested in what we in our flesh decide to give to him. What he wants is us fully surrendered to him, allowing him to direct our lives in the way he would have us to go.

Living Water
An Original Work / November 21, 2013

Based off Various Scriptures

My people have forsaken Me,
Their Savior, who died on a tree;
Made idols, and they worshipped them;
So empty, they will ne’er fulfill.

Lord, You are the hope of Your chosen ones.
Those who turn away from You will be shamed;
The Spring of Living Water left behind.

Living Water satisfies.

The thirsty, let them come and drink;
Believe in Jesus as their King;
The gift of Jesus given them,
So they will never thirst again.

Indeed, the Living Water flows within.
It springs up like a fountain cleansing sin.
Eternal life in heaven promised them.

Living Water glorifies.

Oh people, won’t you come to Him?
Obey Him and repent of sin.
Let Jesus come and live within.
Surrender all your life to Him.

My people, won’t you turn your hearts to Me?
Forsake your idols and then you’ll be free.
Won’t you come now to Me on bended knee?

Living Water sanctifies.

• Winner
Reactions: packermann