• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

A bit of insite is asked....

Palidan_of_Christ

Mar 26, 2005
✟15,515.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have 2 friends. One is an Athiest and the other behaves in more so a
Nihilistic fashion. The Athiest seems to want to use facts against me
when we argue, though i can't seem to argue with facts..... but he is
too ignorant to listen. I can't even get a word out. He claims he
understands religion's purpose but I will tell you now that he lacks the
ability to even comprehend it or the capacity to understand it. Today I
swear I wanted to strangle him when he was talking blasphemy, when he said I could not prove that Jesus has risen. Only problem is... i'm not sure
how to do that. The Nihilist actually seems to have grounds to be
arguing, his logic is "There are over thousands of religions in the world
and all of them say they are 100% correct, so they can not all be
correct." It would take the perfect sign to convince them. Words are practically useless in this situation. I think it is fine to believe what you believe but thier Christian bashing words are getting severly on my nerves. I am coming close to even seperating from them. But I would lose two of my life long friends.

Reactions: lonnienord

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Remeber Jesus' parable about the kingdom of God being like planting seeds. You can see your friends as hard and dry ground. You can't prepare that ground yourself. Just let them empty themselves first. It's not your job to convince them with clever words, it's God's job to draw them to Him. Don't answer harshly. Just let them see your faith is solid. Remember why you yourself believe. Your faith probably didn't come by human persuasion.

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Lorain, Ohio about 30 miles west of Cleveland on L
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You also might want to read this: [bible]Psalms 1:1[/bible] You have planted the seed you should continue to water it but you should trust GOD to make sure the watering gets done. It is time for you to devolop your relationship with GOD and with Godly people!!

all for JESUS!!
lonnie

Upvote 0

lonnienord

Keep Praying!!
Jan 13, 2005
Lorain, Ohio about 30 miles west of Cleveland on L
Visit site
✟39,601.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You also might want to read this: Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

You have planted the seed you should continue to water it but you should trust GOD to make sure the watering gets done. It is time for you to devolop your relationship with GOD and with Godly people!!

:prayer: I am praying for you!!:prayer:

all for JESUS!!:clap:
lonnie:wave:

Upvote 0
P

perfection

All the religions on earth are made by God. And that if your friend isn't going to accept this , you can always dare him to read the bible entirelly himself. And not to judge a book by its cover. That he is pre-judged and even less open minded then some religious people are. That as long as it's not proven that God does not exists he will have to remain open to this possiblity wether he likes it or not. You shouldn't want to strangle your friend, you see there are a lot unconsious people who know zero or less about God and his kingdom. Therefore be patient , teach them what jesus taught you, and guide the blind towards the light. Or at least try in love in doing so.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am coming close to even seperating from them. But I would lose two of my life long friends.
Your friends sound like the Jannes and Jambres of modern day times! (II Tim. 3:7,8) Unless you don't mind having friendships that are in constant opposition to your faith and your God.. and where there is rarely any harmony.. I'd suggest you spend less time with them! Find new friends you can harmonize with!

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟74,521.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Christians do need information to debate with non Christians. This requires reading and effort. The benefits often acrue most to the Christian. We become more informed and secure in our faith.

The Case for Christ is a good book to help substantiate who Jesus was. There are plenty of good books available if you look around in a good Christian bookstore. Accept the challenge of becoming an informed Christian and grow in your faith by doing so.

John
NZ

Upvote 0

hmc121667

Mar 27, 2005
Florida
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The best is always to stay cool and never try to be right, just be you. In the future remember that arguing is not talking.

When questions around Jesus , who he was, can we proof anything? etc come across remember that we believe not because scientifically we have validate anything but because we have FAITH.

Religions are created by man but Faith is something we have within us by God's design. Even an atheist has faith in his idiology. They too can't proof anything. We are all the same people with different level of spiritual IQ. Your friends can only get knowledge if they want to, all we can do is pray for them.
God Bless

Reactions: lonnienord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums