frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
My friend came over tonight to label Don's clothing and get some packed.
I've worked toward getting Don into a nursing home for two months. There were five ahead of him; I didn't expect a bed to come up so soon. Hopefully, he will become stronger and return home; I just don't know. This is a place I can update you and get support when needed.

Thanks for being here for me.

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The hardening of his arteries began while I was expecting our younger son, Tim, but four years ago, he had to have more surgery and got a blood infection. We went thru' months of rough times; then nine months later, he became delirious with strepococus in his blood. His plaastic artery was swimming in pus. They did emergency surgery and removed it, left the inscision open, hooked up to a sucking machine called a Vac. He didn't come home for three months and hasn't reAlly been the same since.

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
The bed will be available on Tuesday. I keep adding things to his bag as I think of them. It will more than likely be Sunday before I can visit him; hopefully, I won't forget anything important. He'll be rooming with two other men, but I've heard the rooms are big. Three years ago, he was in extended care; had his own little room. He'll be in intermediate care now.

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here and praying for all of you scootermom...
Heres to God using this for Dons best..why..he might even make some friends sharing a room...;o) he will always have company that way...;o)
Praying for you to...that you can use this time for some much needed selfcare around your visits....
Take gentle care our friend...we are here for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is perfectly ok to have a bad day...permission granted...k.
it all very normal where there is a sickness and all attention is focased on the one who is ill to feel the way you are feeling.
So use the time during Dons healing for your healing and your sons as well..its a time of recuperating and finding yourself again...k.
its all very ok....k
big safe hugs...

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
scootermom>> My prayers today joining the others..but especially for you to get rest and strength as needed. I can see it has been very hard on all and my heart goes out to you.

May the Lord move in a mighty way to bring renewed peace and healing into the situation. And I especially pray that Don's pain subsides and the move to the nursing home is beneficial to him.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, Our Lord. birdfriend

Upvote 0

mommysue

Veteran
Aug 17, 2005
Mountains of Kern Co, CA
✟9,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord, Please give encouragement, strength and peace to this family. You have promised not to give us more than we can handle and so we are claiming that for scootermom and her family. Please refresh them and help each one in the way they need it. We all know that You can do this. Thank You in advance because we know You are answering!

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mommysue said:
Dear Lord, Please give encouragement, strength and peace to this family. You have promised not to give us more than we can handle and so we are claiming that for scootermom and her family. Please refresh them and help each one in the way they need it. We all know that You can do this. Thank You in advance because we know You are answering!
Amen and Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you, friends. I've been getting his things together. He has to be there around 10am tomorrow morning. It''s only 8pm and I feel ready for bed. Unsure why. I just pray he gets better care than I can give. His toes need some attention. He has a yellow thing on the side of his big toe; just noticed it today. I'm sure I'll write more tomorrow. I do love my husband; it's just hard. Besides the physical illinesses, he's quite bi-polar. Medication does only so much. His mental decline and emotional reactions are what's been hardest on us.

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here and praying for you and your family Scootermom...
We are here for you and caring very much about your situation...
Remember there will be an adjustment for you..k..thats normal..
big safe hugs for you and your kids..

Upvote 0

frogalone

Jun 4, 2005
Ohio
✟114,697.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
My dear friend, Pat, is coming to run us to take some stuff to Don. I just want to see that he's settled in and doing ok. I surprised that I already miss him. It's our siutation that we're angry at; not one another. We acknowledge that. He knows I can't care for him properly; he couldn't care for me if I was ill.

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
scootermom said:
My dear friend, Pat, is coming to run us to take some stuff to Don. I just want to see that he's settled in and doing ok. I surprised that I already miss him. It's our siutation that we're angry at; not one another. We acknowledge that. He knows I can't care for him properly; he couldn't care for me if I was ill.
Oh Scootermom, I am so happy for you that things are coming in to place. I don't know all that is going on with you but God does and he is in control. Praise God that a bed became available and you got your hubby moved. Hang in there, (easy for me to say but very heartfelt.) God Bless you and your family. :prayer:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.