North America
✟550,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I met a fellow..years ago(at the mission seminar).
He said, "I am a Bapticostal"..
- meaning..he is a Baptist & Pentecostal.
---
Bapticostal Movement
- Baptists.. having some Charismatic elements/style in their worship service.

Last edited:
Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I met a fellow..years ago(at the mission seminar).
He said, "I am a Bapticostal"..
- meaning..he is a Baptist & Pentecostal.
---
Bapticostal Movement
- Baptists.. having some Charismatic elements/style in their worship service.
In which... There are also some radical Pentecostal things we don't go for... Teaching people how to speak in tongues for example...

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,147.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Which theology do you follow?
Theology… What does it guarantee? I would have to know the senior pastor before recommending any theology. I like Pentecostal Holiness theology but in many cases what is claimed as Holy Spirit comes off more as ego. When we had a plating department in our facility I worked myself up to Lab Technician and worked under a chemist. This chemist was very smart and very good at math. When he laid out equations he did so in very neat handwriting and there would be much activity as he turned the results of an analysis into an addition. I would take his calculations and put them in the form of visual basic functions and sub procedures.

Of all the years I worked with this man I had one opportunity to witness to him. I made my presentation while he was analyzing adhesion under a microscope in which you could hear the sounds... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! After my presentation he just continued to look under the microscope as if he ignored everything I said so I just continued in my work. Then... The scratch scratch, scratching stopped! And he speaks!

"You know what I think it is?" He says while continuing to look under the microscope... "I think it is arrogance!"

And then, without taking his eyes off the microscope, he continues his work... Scratch, scratch, scratch! Scratch scratch, scratch! I did not reply but went about my work. Inside I feared he was right. In many cases points of theology can inhabit too much personal ego and not end up edifying or doing any good. But… Is every preacher in every denomination that way? Even though I am not Catholic I do like Father Cedric. Is every Catholic priest like Father Cedric?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,396.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I have been going to a big Southern Baptist church on Sunday mornings with a large following as it is close by. I then go the hour drive to a Pentecostal Church of God by night. Both seem to have great senior pastors so I don't mind.

That helps prove my understanding that the Baptist realm encompasses a wide spectrum of theology with the only commonality being believers' baptism.

Upvote 0