A 9-year-old boy in a coma needs prayer!

aaronibus62

Mar 22, 2006
Brockton, MA USA
✟12,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everyone!

According to the Enterprise newspaper of Brockton, Massachusetts, a 9-year-old
boy named Johnny is in Boston Children's Hospital, where he's been for a week in a coma brought on by the mosquito carried disease Eastern Equine Encephalitis.
I ask that everyone pray for this young man. Hundreds have been praying for Johnny in his hometown Middleboro. I ask that everyone pray for the recovery of this young man, and even share this prayer request with as many as you can.

Thank you in Jesus

aaronibus62

Mar 22, 2006
Brockton, MA USA
✟12,437.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
UPDATE!

According to WHDH-TV in Boston, Johnny passed away this afternoon. I didn't know sooner because the Brockton newspaper which had his story is published around 9-10AM and the info was hours out of date.

Everyone, pray for Johnny's family and friends to deal with the loss, and for the Lord to minister to all and draw each one to Him and His love.
Pray also for Southern Massachusetts, which has a larger number of mosquitoes carrying the deadly EEE virus. Pray for God's hand to keep the mosquitoes bites from becoming deadly. Let EEE by stopped by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Thank you, all

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MaraPetra

WARNING! Uncoated observations dispensed here.
Dec 12, 2005
Louisiana
✟15,435.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prayers for this precious little boy, and for the family left to mourn his absence. Even though he's held by God now, those left still lament. :prayer:

Aaronibus, the mosquito which spreads EEE breeds in containers, treeholes, and in other organic-matter-encrusted waters. Something as simple as filling a treehole on the property with cement can keep an infection from occurring!

On your property, make sure standing water is eliminated. Dump containers of standing water. Change bird bath water, wading pool water, and outdoor pet dishes at least once a week. Make sure rain gutters aren't clogged. Invest in some good mosquito repellent (DEET works best, but you can also use picaridin or oil of lemon eucalyptus), and use it when you go outside. Avoid florally colognes or hygiene products, because some mosquitoes are attracted to the oils. (When they can't get blood meals, female mosquitoes drink flower nectar, and male mosquitoes drink nectar exclusively.)

When going outside, use repellent, and wear loose, light-colored, long-sleeved clothing. Avoid going outside during dawn and dusk, when mosquitoes are most active and you are most likely to get bitten.

We can't help when disease is in the area, nor can we really stop its progress, unless residents also do their part. Mosquito spraying (adulticiding) is only partially effective, and many areas in the US don't even have this coverage. Thus, it's up to residents to protect themselves in every way possible.

Right now, my area is amplifying West Nile virus and St. Louis encephalitis (both mosquito-borne illnesses). No human cases yet in my immediate area, but a neighboring county lost some horses two weeks ago.

God bless you and yours, Aaron. If you need some more information, you can find it by going to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) website and searching for EEE.

Upvote 0