United States
✟72,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pharaoh's dream of 7 years of harvest followed by 7 years of famine was fulfilled in the days of Joseph, and its also an end-time prophecy for a 7 year harvest of the saints that will precede God's wrath in the tribulation.

d5.png

Mark 4:26-29 And he said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed on the ground....... (29) But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come."

The end-time harvest of saints will be......
Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat on the cloud, "Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe."
followed by the winepress of the wrath of God
Rev 14:18-19 And another angel came out from the altar, the angel who has authority over the fire, and he called with a loud voice to the one who had the sharp sickle, "Put in your sickle and gather the clusters from the vine of the earth, for its grapes are ripe." (19) So the angel swung his sickle across the earth and gathered the grape harvest of the earth and threw it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

7 ugly cows stood by 7 plump cows and ate them
I believe Pharaoh's dream of 7 plump cows that came out of the Nile river first, followed by 7 ugly thin cows that stood by the plump cows and ate them, is an end-time prophecy for a 7 year harvest of saints that begins first, and will eventually stand beside the 7 years of tribulation for a brief period of time when the wicked will kill the righteous, Gen 41:2-4, 45:4-7, Rev 6:9-11.

Matthew 24:9 "Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name's sake.

d9.2.png

d1.1.png

The 7 year harvest of saints that will stand beside the 7 years of tribulation for a period of 2 years is deeply hidden in the fifth and sixth seal judgments and the story of Joseph when he made himself known to his 11 brothers after 2 years of famine in Egypt.

When Joseph revealed himself to his 11 brothers he said famine has been in the land for 2 years and there will be 5 more years without plowing or harvest. After this Joseph told his brothers to return to their father and bring their families back to him so they can be saved from the remaining 5 years of famine, Genesis 45:3-11.

Joseph reveals himself.png

Joseph revealing himself to his 11 brothers after 2 years of famine is a hidden prophecy for Jesus sealing the 12 tribes of 12,000 after 2 years of tribulation, when they will be sent to proclaim God's message of salvation to Israel so a faithful remnant may be saved from 5 years of God's tribulation wrath that will have no plowing or harvest of the gospel for the wicked who refuse to believe in Christ.

d10.1.png

In Rev 6:9-17 it speaks of the opening of the fifth and sixth seal judgments when the full number of tribulation saints will be put to death as the full moon turns to blood, just before the wrath of the Lamb begins when Jesus seals the 12 tribes after 2 years of tribulation, Rev 7:1-8, Joel 2:31-32.

Therefore it appears the 7 year harvest for the church will be completed when the full number of saints are killed after 2 years of tribulation, just before 5 years of God's wrath begins when the 12 tribes will preach the gospel to Israel when their partial hardening will end, 1Thess 5:9.

Romans 11:25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in (at the end of the 7 years of harvest).

5 + 2 + 5 = 12
The 7 year harvest of saints that will stand beside the 7 years of tribulation for 2 years is defined by three distinct periods of 5 years of harvest for the Gentiles, the last 2 years of harvest in the beginning 2 years of tribulation, and 5 years of God's wrath when the 12 tribes will declare the gospel to Israel, for a total of 12 years or 5 + 2 + 5 = 12.

d13.3.png

5 portions of food and 5 changes of clothes are given to Benjamin
Joseph who gave his youngest brother Benjamin 5 extra portions of food, 5 changes of clothes and 300 pieces of silver, is symbolic for a remnant of end-time Israel who will receive God's provision, protection and the gospel of salvation in the last 5 years of the tribulation.

Silver is symbolic for redemption, and the 300 pieces of silver given to Benjamin represents God's redemption and salvation for one third of Israel at the end of the tribulation.

Just as Israel was protected in Goshen from the last 7 plagues of God's judgment for Egypt, the Lord will protect a faithful remnant of Israel during the last 5 years of tribulation wrath for the wicked, Ex 8:22.

When I understood the 3 distinct periods of 5 years, 2 years and 5 years that represents the end-time harvest of saints followed by the tribulation for a total of 12 years (5+2+5=12), I woke up the following morning with a peculiar thought that I believe was given to me from the Lord, “read the story of 5 loaves fed to 5,000.”

5 loaves and 2 fish fed 5,000 men
In this miraculous story near Bethsaida, the day was over and evening was near (prophetic for tribulation's darkness) when 5 barley loaves and 2 fish were multiplied by Jesus that fed 5,000 Jewish men with 12 baskets of broken pieces left over.

d8.png

The numerical pattern of 5 loaves and 2 fish that fed 5,000 Jews with 12 baskets left over is mysteriously similar to the 3 periods for the harvest and tribulation represented by 5 years +2 years +5 years which equals 12 years. And I believe this similarity is not a coincidence.

200 denarii represents the 2,000 year gospel age
John 6:5-7 Lifting up his eyes, then, and seeing that a large crowd (of 5,000 Jewish men) was coming toward him, Jesus said to Philip, "Where are we to buy bread, so that these people may eat?" (6) He said this to test him, for he himself knew what he would do. (7) Philip answered him, "Two hundred denarii worth of bread would not be enough for each of them to get a little."

A denarius is a days wage, and the 200 denarii represents 200 days of man's work that would not buy enough bread to feed the crowd of 5,000.

I believe the 200 denarii that would not buy enough bread to feed the huge crowd is prophetic for the 2,000 year evangelizing work of the church that will not be enough to feed everyone in the world with the bread of the gospel.

Therefore the Lord will have to miraculously multiply his gospel of grace and forgiveness in the last days so everyone may hear God's plan of salvation by faith in Jesus who is “the bread of eternal life,” Mat 4:4, Jer 15:16, John 6:63, Rev 14:6-7.

John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.

d12.1.png

In this present day in Iran and a variety of nations, thousands of people are receiving dreams and visions from Jesus and as a result they are coming to faith in Christ. I believe this spiritual reality is an important example for Jesus multiplying his gospel bread in the last days so those who are truly seeking after God may hear the message of salvation before 5 years of tribulation wrath begins.

Acts 2:17-20 "'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;.......(20) the sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon to blood, before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day. (21) And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.'

Jesus walks on the water to his disciples in the storm in the fourth watch of the night
After feeding the 5 loaves and 2 fish to 5,000 that's symbolic for the 12 years of harvest and tribulation, Jesus went up on a mountain to pray and then came down in the fourth watch of the night when he walked on the water to his disciples in the boat that was beaten by the wind and waves, Matthew 14:22-33.

This story of Jesus walking on the waves in the fourth watch of the night is symbolic for the end of tribulation's darkness when Jesus will come down from the clouds of heaven in power and authority over the roaring waves of nations, when he will return as King of kings to save a remnant of Israel from their enemies, Job 9:8, Psalms 65:5-7.

c38.5.png

Isaiah 17:12-14 Ah, the thunder of many peoples; they thunder like the thundering of the sea! Ah, the roar of nations; they roar like the roaring of mighty waters! ….....(14) At evening time (in the darkness of tribulation), behold, terror! Before morning (when Jesus returns in the fourth watch of the night), they are no more! This is the portion of those who loot us, and the lot of those who plunder us.

The morning watch (or fourth watch) when the Lord destroyed Pharaoh's army in the waters of the Red sea is a similar story that's prophetic for Israel's salvation when Jesus returns in authority to defeat the Antichrist and his army, Ex 14:24-31, Rev 19:19-20, Mark 13:34-35.

Multitudes in the valley of decision for the day of the Lord is near
Before the day of the Lord's wrath begins the scriptures say multitudes multitudes will be in the valley of decision, Joel 3:14. And a similar scripture says though I walk though the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil, Psalms 23:4.

Looking at current events regarding the globalists plandemic and the deadly vaccines that are deceptively being given to the nations (Rev 18:23b), its likely that millions of people will be walking through the valley of the shadow of death in the next several years.

And their only hope of salvation will be to turn their hearts to Jesus when he will miraculously multiply his gospel bread during the 7 year harvest for the church that will precede 5 years of God's tribulation wrath (represented by 5 loaves and 2 fish that fed 5,000), when Jesus will return in power and authority to save a remnant of Israel from the roaring waves of the nations at the end of the tribulation (represented by Jesus coming down the mountain in the fourth watch when he walked on the waves to his disciples in boat that was buffeted by the storm).

Psalms 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings from of old,

Mark 4:13 And he said to them, "Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables?

Prophetic chapter and verse numbers
In several previous articles I explained how chapter and verse number at times appear to be prophetic for the years of the tribulation. Ezekiel 20:31 to 2038 is one example for the tribulation years of 2031 to 2038, as well as Joel 2:31-32 when four blood moons will appear in 2032 and 2033, and Luke 2:38 I believe is prophetic for when the Lord returns to redeem Israel in 2038.

And it appears that Psalms 126 to 138 could be describing the 12 years of harvest and tribulation that will take place from 2026 through 2038.

2026 Psalms 126:5-6 Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! (6) He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him. (the 7 year harvest of saints begins)

2027 Psalms 127:1-5 Unless the LORD builds the house (of saints), those who build it labor in vain..... (3) Behold, (born-again) children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. (4) Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. (5) Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.

2028 Psalms 128:1-4 Blessed is everyone who fears the LORD, who walks in his ways! (2) You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be blessed, and it shall be well with you. (3) Your wife (the faithful saints) will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your (born-again) children will be like olive shoots around your table. (4) Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the LORD.

2029 Psalms 129:2-3 "Greatly have they afflicted me from my youth, yet they have not prevailed against me. (3) The plowers plowed upon my back (with the gospel); they made long their furrows."

2030 Psalms 130:3-4 If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? (4) But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared.

2031 Psalms 131:1-2 O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. (2) But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned (born-again) child is my soul within me.

2032 Psalms 132:13-18 For the LORD has chosen Zion; he has desired it for his dwelling place: (14) "This is my resting place forever; here I will dwell, for I have desired it. (15) I will abundantly bless her provisions; I will satisfy her poor (in spirit) with bread (of the gospel). (16) Her priests I will clothe with salvation, and her saints will shout for joy.

2033 Psalms 133:1-3 Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! (2) It is like the precious oil (of the Spirit) on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! (3) It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion! For there the LORD has commanded the blessing, life forevermore. (at the end of the 7 year harvest the resurrected saints will be one in the Spirit dwelling in unity)

2034 Psalms 134:1-3 Come, bless the LORD, all you servants of the LORD, who stand by night in the house of the LORD! (the harvest is complete and the saints are in heaven during the night of tribulation) (2) Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the LORD! (3) May the LORD bless you from Zion, he who made heaven and earth!

2035 Psalms 135:1-2 Praise the LORD! Praise the name of the LORD, give praise, O servants of the LORD, (2) who stand in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God! Psalms 135:14 For the LORD will vindicate his people (Israel) and have compassion on his servants.

2036 Psalms 136:1, 10-15, Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever......(10) to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt, for his steadfast love endures forever; (11) and brought Israel out from among them, for his steadfast love endures forever; (12) with a strong hand and an outstretched arm, for his steadfast love endures forever; (13) to him who divided the Red Sea in two, for his steadfast love endures forever; (14) and made Israel pass through the midst of it, for his steadfast love endures forever; (15) but overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea, for his steadfast love endures forever;

2037 Psalms 137:1-4 By the waters of Babylon, there we sat down and wept, when we remembered Zion. (2) On the willows there we hung up our lyres. (3) For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors, mirth, saying, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!" (4) How shall we sing the LORD's song in a foreign land? (Israel has fled from Jerusalem in the final years of the tribulation and they remember Zion just as they did when they were captives in Babylon)

2038 Psalms 138:3-7 On the day I called, you answered me; my strength of soul you increased. (4) All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O LORD, for they have heard the words of your mouth, (5) and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD, for great is the glory of the LORD. (6) For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly, but the haughty he knows from afar. (7) Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. (Jesus who sits at the right hand of God returns to save Israel from the wrath of their enemies at the end of the tribulation)

If millions of people begin coming to Christ in 2026 through dreams, visions and miraculous healings, then it would be an important sign for the beginning 5 years of harvest, followed by the last 2 years of harvest for the saints who are saved in the tribulation from 2031 to 2033, and 5 years of God's tribulation wrath for unbelieving mankind that could end in 2038.

d11.2.png

Last edited:

Deep Truth

Nov 25, 2019
United States
✟72,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus feeds 4,000 with 7 loaves and a few fish
In the area of the Gerasenes near the Decapolis, a great crowd of people had been with Jesus for 3 days and had nothing to eat so he took 7 loaves and a few fish and fed 4,000 Gentiles with 7 baskets of broken pieces left over.

I believe the third day in this story is symbolic for the beginning of third millennium from the resurrection, when the Gentiles in the 4 corners of the world that have not heard the gospel will be fed with the knowledge of Christ's salvation, during the 7 years of tribulation that's implied by the 7 loaves and 7 baskets of broken pieces that were left over.

d14.png

Now what's interesting regarding the crowd of 4,000 Gentiles is they represent all the Gentile people of the world who recognize Jesus as their resurrected Savior from the 4 gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. While the crowd of 5,000 Jews represents Israel who learns about God's righteousness and forgiveness through the 5 books of the Torah; Genesis to Deuteronomy.

Jesus feeding the crowd of 5,000 Jews and 4,000 Gentiles may appear to be just another miraculous event, however I believe these similar stories are prophetic for God's message of salvation for Jews and Gentiles in the last days that will be miraculously multiplied by the Lord, so everyone who hungers and thirsts for righteousness may eat from the eternal bread of life called Jesus, Mat 5:6.

Revelation 14:6-7 Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. (7) And he said with a loud voice, "Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water."

In the following articles I examine the scriptures that seem to be pointing to the approximate time-frame for the tribulation.
Is the year when the tribulation ends written in scripture?
Part 2, 2 days, 7th hour, 38
Part 3, 2-38
Part 4, Gen 14:14, 17:17, Ex 7:7, John 5:5
Part 5, Psalms 83 & 90
Part 6, Isaac's birth from Sarah at 90
Part 7, Isaac's birth from Sarah at 90

The Ominous Sign of Four Blood Moons in 2032 and 2033
Four Blood Moons in 2032 and 2033 Part 2, 85 Priests are put to death
Israel's Second Passover will be fulfilled in the last year of the Tribulation

Is Jonah's warning for Nineveh prophetic for today's wicked generation?
Is Jonah's warning for Nineveh prophetic for today's wicked generation? Part 2

Will brutal Taskmasters oppress mankind before the Tribulation begins?
A 7 year end-time harvest of saints will precede God's wrath

Joseph in prison "two whole years" is prophetic for a 2,000 year gospel age
21 possible examples for a 2,000 year gospel age

Rachel after 7 years of barrenness gave birth to Joseph when Jacob was 90
The 12 sons of Jacob, symbolic for Old and New Covenant Israel

4 Prophetic stories reveal a 2,000 year gospel age followed by the tribulation
The Tabernacle reveals the age of the Law, the age of Grace and the Millennium

Why did God want to kill Moses when he lodged on his way to set Israel free from slavery to Pharaoh?
Why did the blind man see men like trees walking when Jesus touched him?

Why was Jacob called Israel when he struggled with God?
When will unrighteous Jacob be called Israel?

Why is the Feast of Trumpets in the 7th month 1st day to the 10th day?
What does the disciples catch of 153 fish represent?

Netflix cartoon encourages people to get the Smart Mark

In these articles I discuss the mystery of the soon coming rapture of the saints.
Will you be raptured to the feast of Abraham or left behind in Sodom?
Is the year of the rapture hidden in the story of Enoch?
Is the year of the rapture hidden in the story of Enoch? Part 2

Will you be raptured in the first, second or third watch of the night?
Why will the first be last, and the last first?
Why are many called to the wedding banquet but few are chosen?
Who are the sons of the kingdom cast into outer darkness?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟104,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pharaoh's dream of 7 years of harvest followed by 7 years of famine was fulfilled in the days of Joseph, and its also an end-time prophecy for a 7 year harvest of the saints that will precede God's wrath in the tribulation.

Sorry, building theology on symbolism is an exercise in futility. I have to admit I've engaged in at times in my life. In the end, I had nothing to really back my theories on. You can make a case for any belief using symbolism.

The Bible does use symbolism. But when it does, it makes things pretty obvious.

There is no 7 year tribulation period in the Bible. This is usually taken from the 70th Week of Daniel. But to be clear, the 70th Week immediately followed the 69th Week, or it couldn't be said to be a period of 70 Weeks.

On the other hand, there is clear theology regarding a 3.5 year period of Antichristian Reign. This is clearly indicated in Dan 7, and in Revelation.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, building theology on symbolism is an exercise in futility. I have to admit I've engaged in at times in my life. In the end, I had nothing to really back my theories on. You can make a case for any belief using symbolism.

The Bible does use symbolism. But when it does, it makes things pretty obvious.

There is no 7 year tribulation period in the Bible. This is usually taken from the 70th Week of Daniel. But to be clear, the 70th Week immediately followed the 69th Week, or it couldn't be said to be a period of 70 Weeks.

On the other hand, there is clear theology regarding a 3.5 year period of Antichristian Reign. This is clearly indicated in Dan 7, and in Revelation.
I agree with you one symbolism. There are many who disagree with you regarding the 70th week of Daniel so that point is not settled. Those who see it as future expect the 3rd temple to be built and the abomination of desolation to occur in it which would be the mid point of the tribulation. We can see Israel on the map and a move towards a one world government and all the preparation for a 3rd temple are made. So with this as real factual current status you are taking a stance against something that there is tangible evidence that it could indeed occur.

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟104,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you one symbolism. There are many who disagree with you regarding the 70th week of Daniel so that point is not settled. Those who see it as future expect the 3rd temple to be built and the abomination of desolation to occur in it which would be the mid point of the tribulation. We can see Israel on the map and a move towards a one world government and all the preparation for a 3rd temple are made. So with this as real factual current status you are taking a stance against something that there is tangible evidence that it could indeed occur.

Don't get me wrong. I've been excited for decades seeing this march towards Christ's return and all of the predictions being fulfilled that lead to that event. Obviously, some of these things are not worthy getting excited about in themselves, because they involve some very nasty things! But the coming of Christ, being near, is indeed exciting!

I used to hold to the gap theory in the 70 Weeks prophecy, but do so no longer for the reason I gave you. Once the 70th Week is lopped off of the the previous 69 Weeks, then it ceases to be a 70 Weeks period. It then becomes a 69 Weeks period and a 1 Week period. I know some will see that it is a "set," which even being divided remains a "set." But this seems prohibitive for me personally.

I don't see all of the things leading up to Christ's return as dependent on the Gap Theory of the 70 Weeks. As I said, Dan 7 predicts a 3.5 year period for Antichrist's Reign, which the book of Revelation confirms, particularly chs. 11-13.

Neither do I see the necessity of a 3rd temple being built. When the tabernacle was constructed, when Solomon built his temple, and when the temple was restored after the reign of Cyrus, king of Persia, the Scripture devoted much to these things in terms of description. But no such thing exists for the proposed building of a 3rd temple.

The only thing that remotely suggests the possibility of a 3rd temple is 2 Thes 2, and that is not conclusive for me. Antichrist "taking his seat in the temple of God" could refer to his positioning himself in God's place in heaven, or some other kind of explanation. Paul, in saying this, knew full well that Jesus had, in his Olivet Discourse, predicted the complete collapse of the temple throughout the NT age. And nobody was stronger than Paul in opposing the idea of a Jewish return to legalism and temple worship. He engaged in some of it only out of respect to lost Jews who he wanted to witness to to bring them to Christ and to his freedom.

One World Government is itself questionable to me, the way it is being presented by some Christians. I believe the Bible foresees the Antichrist taking the reins of a 10 nation confederation--not the whole world.

That being said, it is also said in the book of Revelation that Antichrist will obtain worship from people throughout the world, likely due to the fact people love someone leading them into independence from God and from His laws. That does not necessitate a world government controlling all nations. That only means that Antichrist's Empire in Europe will succeed as a supreme superpower, that will be beyond challenge by the rest of the world.

And this I do believe in, and recognize we are moving towards. European Civilization will reign supreme under the Antichrist until the East will challenge him. And then Armageddon will result *after* the 3.5 years.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong. I've been excited for decades seeing this march towards Christ's return and all of the predictions being fulfilled that lead to that event. Obviously, some of these things are not worthy getting excited about in themselves, because they involve some very nasty things! But the coming of Christ, being near, is indeed exciting!

I used to hold to the gap theory in the 70 Weeks prophecy, but do so no longer for the reason I gave you. Once the 70th Week is lopped off of the the previous 69 Weeks, then it ceases to be a 70 Weeks period. It then becomes a 69 Weeks period and a 1 Week period. I know some will see that it is a "set," which even being divided remains a "set." But this seems prohibitive for me personally.

I don't see all of the things leading up to Christ's return as dependent on the Gap Theory of the 70 Weeks. As I said, Dan 7 predicts a 3.5 year period for Antichrist's Reign, which the book of Revelation confirms, particularly chs. 11-13.

Neither do I see the necessity of a 3rd temple being built. When the tabernacle was constructed, when Solomon built his temple, and when the temple was restored after the reign of Cyrus, king of Persia, the Scripture devoted much to these things in terms of description. But no such thing exists for the proposed building of a 3rd temple.

The only thing that remotely suggests the possibility of a 3rd temple is 2 Thes 2, and that is not conclusive for me. Antichrist "taking his seat in the temple of God" could refer to his positioning himself in God's place in heaven, or some other kind of explanation. Paul, in saying this, knew full well that Jesus had, in his Olivet Discourse, predicted the complete collapse of the temple throughout the NT age. And nobody was stronger than Paul in opposing the idea of a Jewish return to legalism and temple worship. He engaged in some of it only out of respect to lost Jews who he wanted to witness to to bring them to Christ and to his freedom.

One World Government is itself questionable to me, the way it is being presented by some Christians. I believe the Bible foresees the Antichrist taking the reins of a 10 nation confederation--not the whole world.

That being said, it is also said in the book of Revelation that Antichrist will obtain worship from people throughout the world, likely due to the fact people love someone leading them into independence from God and from His laws. That does not necessitate a world government controlling all nations. That only means that Antichrist's Empire in Europe will succeed as a supreme superpower, that will be beyond challenge by the rest of the world.

And this I do believe in, and recognize we are moving towards. European Civilization will reign supreme under the Antichrist until the East will challenge him. And then Armageddon will result *after* the 3.5 years.
hi thanks for your response and the friendly tone as many get very personal on these issues and lose sight of the main thing Jesus comes in the end.

There are some other verses that do support the gap theory and 2 Thes 2 is certainly one of them. The whole of many other doctrines becomes involved in this debate such as who is Israel and is there a millennium and so forth. So if the kingdom is still to come then many places do put the kingdom coming after 42 months of persecution which is ended when the kingdom comes such as Dan 7 and Rev 13. In is interesting to note that the both get thrown in the fire when the kingdom comes as well. The idea of the millennium is also in both accounts of the pompous one in Dan 7 and the beast is Rev 13. In Dan the rest of the beasts louse their dominion but have their lives prolonged for a season and a time. Now this is interesting as Rev has the beast going to the flame but Satan bound for 1000 years and released for one last testing of men. Now in Rev 13 the beast gains control over every tribe tongue kindred and nation for those 42 months and in Dan the son of man then when he comes takes that dominion.

“I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

Now all means all and from Jesus day on He has not taken this dominion and in fact Rev notes that Jerusalem will only be trampled only for 42 months and then that would not be.

1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood,[fn] saying, “Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. 3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”

finally Hosea 3 is a amazing chapter as it talks about the latter days and the restoration of the kingdom.
4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim. 5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.

This implies after many days without a king or sacrifice in the latter days when David is raised up the return of the Sacrifice is implied. 3 other places David being raised up is mentioned and it is a fruitful study to look at the context of these other references. Jeremiah 30 and Ezekiel 37 are two of them and again it is latter days stuff regarding the day of Jacobs trouble and again speaking to those brought back to the mountains of Israel long that had long been desolate (chapter 36) this again is relevant today.

If the Sacrifice is not important than it will come to nothing but if the abomination of desolation is future than it is very relevant. The evidence is strong that Israel is ready to built a temple so the fact that this is even a prepared for possibility is evidence that the future view cannot be dismissed. Im sure like the two disciples on the road when Jesus opened the scriptures to them we will all discover much that we missed.

Upvote 0