a 1911 style 380 from Rock Island Armory

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good to know the firearm can do it, then it is up the the trigger puller.
Most of but not all of the reviews of Rock Island products are quite positive, with the revolver having a pinned barrel and recessed cylinder, the way God intended.
One review had a few failure to fire on a cylinder, but that could be ammo, or a dry revolver, I had that on a model 58, it was just dry and needed some lube to pure like a kitten again.

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
he's better than me too. i had a colt .380 years ago, but it was too small; had a ruger .380 that was just right, but gave it to my brother because it was so hard to clean (he just keeps it for protection); both were as easy to shoot as a .22

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
yes, 22 is a great caliber for accuracy. i carry a 45 when i'm on my property because i've seen wild dog packs there; the boom of a 45 is a great deterrent; and if i have to shoot one, their suffering will likely be short. my first round in the 45 is snake shot in case i meet a two legged snake that has bad intentions... :).

Upvote 0

ss51

Sep 12, 2015
✟66,927.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hard to beat the 45 acp , if one can deal with the recoil. When I was working in Corrections we had a Dr. who told of interning in the ER in D.C. On Saturday night the gun shot wounds came in, you couldn't tell from the entrance if it was a 22,32, 38, etc. but when you rolled them over, if there was a handful of flesh missing you knew it was a 45. Indeed the suffering of the target will be limited, and we know no person can stand up to an attacking dog without an equalizer.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the recoil can be a problem (that's why i was excited to see your post about a 1911 style .380), but then i don't expect to have to shoot more than twice; and the snake shot recoil isn't nearly as bad as the bullets :)

thanks be to God, i've never had to shoot at anything with it, and hope i never do!

• Agree
Reactions: ss51
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums