Pacific Northwest
✟200,679.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow as I read these posts, I have to question of all those who claim to be saved by grace and faith if they actually believe that. Seems to be a lot of concern about works done and not done. Just a reminder we are not saved by what we do or fail to do but by what Jesus did

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just a reminder we are not saved by what we do or fail to do but by what Jesus did
Yes, He made the Kingdom possible but we still have to choose whether to keep putting our will first or the will of God to be eligible. "Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth as it is in Heaven'.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is it really a majority though? Or is that cynicism?

It's without a doubt unfounded cynicism. Notice that the OP claims 99.9999% of Christians aren't sound. It's unscriptural. Period.

There is a tendency by some people to make extreme announcements implying that they have some sort of secret knowledge, exalting themselves while judging others whom they've never even met. They will have to meet the true judge and explain their personal condemnation of the body of Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True, very true. Only God knows who will and who will not be saved.

Exactly! and why people keep sticking their noses in His business is beyond me.

Only HE knows .... we speculate.

Speculate

form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.

Only God has all the evidence.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It's without a doubt unfounded cynicism. Notice that the OP claims 99.9999% of Christians aren't sound. It's unscriptural. Period.

Let me clarify.

All Christians will be saved.

Not all professing Christians will be saved.

I still think that the majority of professing Christians will be saved though. It's not hard to accept Christ's gift of salvation. God is more than willing to save anyone who honestly comes to Him.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let me clarify.

All Christians will be saved.

Not all professing Christians will be saved.

I still think that the majority of professing Christians will be saved though. It's not hard to accept Christ's gift of salvation. God is more than willing to save anyone who honestly comes to Him.

What is your definition of professing Christians? (as opposed to true Christians?) Romans 10:10 says "For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation". So are you claiming that this isn't true?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟622,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Which passage specifically?

Maybe the "Many are called, but few are chosen" one. But I wonder if that relates to the Jewish nation being called, but they rejected Him.

• Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What is your definition of professing Christians? (as opposed to true Christians?) Romans 10:10 says "For with the heart one believes and thus has righteousness and with the mouth one confesses and thus has salvation". So are you claiming that this isn't true?

No. Are you claiming Matthew 7:21 isn't true?

Refer to post #30

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe the "Many are called, but few are chosen" one. But I wonder if that relates to the Jewish nation being called, but they rejected Him.

Or Luke 13:24. But Christ says "many" will not be able to enter. He does not say "most"

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟753,613.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is a contradiction...

You might like to explain what you think a Christian is...

A Christian is someone who has accepted Christ's offer of salvation and has made Christ their Lord and master.

Do you also disbelieve Matthew 7:21? I'm just trying to be consistent and harmonize all the scriptures. Refer to post #30

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The "called" are not "chosen"

The Chosen are Christians.

Christians will all be saved.

Romans 8

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. 29 For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters; 30 and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? 33 Who will bring charges against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies; 34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, but rather, was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. 35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or trouble, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 Just as it is written:

“For Your sake we are killed all day long;
We were regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No. Are you claiming Matthew 7:21 isn't true?

Refer to post #30

I asked: What is your definition of professing Christians? (as opposed to true Christians?) and you responded with Matthew 7:21, " “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven—only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven." Of course, Jesus wasn't speaking to Christians -- there were none yet -- but to Jews, so your selection of Scripture is off-base.

Perhaps you should re-read John 3:16-17, "For this is the way God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world should be saved through him." That contradicts your (incorrect) doctrine of salvation by works.

Finally, what does your post #30 have to do with this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Will be the downfall of many indeed that refuse to repent of their addiction to self will.

Well now you're really into severe judgement! Why are you so interested in condemning virtually the entire body of Christ? Do you include yourself in this condemnation? Are you part of the 0.0001% ?

Upvote 0