• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

99.9999% of Christian's aren't saved

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by friend of, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,900
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    A good question that relates to the discussion is whether or not true believers will know they are saved.

Is there scriptural support for this?

2. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+6,140
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    We trust, not know, lest anyone become self righteous.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2021
  3. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,346
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God" Romans 8:16

4. Carl Emerson

+6,900
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    That seems to refer to present status.

Can we know we wont lose it?

5. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+7,346
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Scripture tells us so... But that portion is off the topic of the thread. Completely off topic.

6. friend of

friend of Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,079
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    1 John 5:13

It's entirely possible to know you are saved.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Carl Emerson

+6,900
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    If this is correct then it is reasonable to conclude that the saved will claim such.

This is not off topic because the saved will know and testify to their salvation.

Sure some will falsely make such a claim, but the true believers wont.

8. Petros2015

Petros2015 Well-Known Member

+3,232
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    It is...

21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness!’

But I expect the people above were pretty convinced about their salvation too?
    How do you think they would have answered the question - "how do you know you are going to heaven?"

9. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+9,471
    Non-Denom
    Single
    I've always understood it to be those who accepted the gift of salvation by Christ's death and resurrection.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. friend of

+3,079
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    That's a fair question that isn't easy to answer.

There was a time in my life where I believed I was saved, (sort of) but i was not, in retrospect. I did not follow the commandments of Christ, did not read the bible, and did not understand the reason for Christ's death (didn't understand the gospel). If you were to have asked me if I was saved, I probably wouldn't have had a legitimate answer. But some small part of me would have (erroneously) thought I was saved, despite not having a living relationship with Christ. I was, in other words, deceived.

But now, I can safely conclude that I am saved and I have totally entrusted my soul to Christ.

11. Carl Emerson

+6,900
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    I would hope the OP is not designed to erode the faith of true believers...

The suggestion that only .00001 of those seeking to follow Christ actually succeed calls to question the enormous Love of God.

Jesus said - holding a little child - that the Kingdom was for such as these.

I cant see Jesus condemning anyone sincerely seeking to serve Him.

Would the OP like to adjust the suggested proportion - such a suggestion seems more likely coming from an arch legalist rather than a Loving Father who wants all to be saved.

12. jacks

jacks Er Victus Supporter

+2,421
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I hate to speak for someone else, but I believe the OP was being facetious, and actually thinks all Christians are saved and wasn't in anyway trying to erode faith. BTW there are a lot of us. About 2.2 billion according to the World Atlas.

13. friend of

+3,079
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    You missed my point. I'm being satirical of people who always go on about how "people aren't real Christian's these days" and continue in that vein, ad nauseam. I find it tiresome and really, a put down of Christian's who may be sincere in their faith but lacking a practical demonstrable application of such. These people who are weak in the faith should be nurtured and strengthened, not attacked.

14. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,491
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    No, because you don't know that. That is for God to know.
    Also saying Amen means 'let it be so' or 'so be it' So you want 99.9999% of people who think they are Christians to not be saved? This is what you want? That's a terrible thing to want.

15. friend of

+3,079
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    True. See post #33.

16. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,929
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    But extreme, but Scripture does make it clear that the majority professing to be Christians are not saved.

That, frankly, is not unsurprising at all. Some of the absolute worst people I’ve ‘met’ are on this site and claim to be Christian.

17. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,411
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    This is the first one I have read, with "99.9999%" not saved.

I have tended to be first critical of a lot of church people. But I likely would not have been able to get myself to say that 99.9999 are fakes.

But then I got more concerned about how I could be the fake. So, this got my attention elsewhere :)

One thing I think gets left out is Hebrews 12:4-14, which guarantees how our Father corrects whoever is a child of God.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+6,140
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Yes we can never be perfect in this life but if we feel uncomfortable with something we do, we should take the hint changes need to be made. If we don't feel it perhaps no one is trying to correct us.

19. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+2,491
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    If you want to make a satirical post I would suggest:
    A) Posting somewhere like 'The Junk Drawer' rather than in General Theology and
    B) Saying on the post itself that *this is satirical*

20. friend of

+3,079
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Is it really a majority though? Or is that cynicism?