United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No Criminal Charges in Fatal Suffield Dog Attack

The owner of this beast is a beast herself. She is fighting the euthanizing of the dog despite that it killed this 93-year-old woman. The dog has 2 biting incidents in the past. It killed this 95-year-old woman in the owner's home. Not only does the dog need to be put down ASAP but this woman should have criminal charges brought up against her.

These pit bulls need to be made illegal. Euthanize most of them and if anything re-breed them to not be vicious, if possible. These dogs need to go. Someone in my neighborhood has one and one day it was roaming around, off leash. If that thing steps onto my property it will be its last step.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Justice is needed. Usually not gotten.

Pit bulls though ? OFTEN USED AS ASSISTIVE ANIMALS!!! Some trainers USE ONLY PIT BULLS.

Others train them bad.

Even a HORSE will kick someone routinely
if they have been raised mis-treated.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the most dangerous breed (by number of attacks aganst humans) is the Dalmatian.
Wrong. In fact, Dalmatians are bottom five for risk of bites.

New study identifies most damaging dog bites by breed

"Nearly five million people in the US are bitten by dogs each year. The most common victims are children, most of whom are bitten by family pets. But which breed bites the most? That’s hard to say, because according to a new study, “unknown” tops the list.

But it's probably not the one pictured above.

Numbers two through six are easier. They are, in order: pit bull, mixed breed, German shepherd, terrier, and rottweiler.

The bottom five breeds for bite risk were: dalmatian, pointer, Great Dane, Pekingese, and spitz."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Justice is needed. Usually not gotten.

Pit bulls though ? OFTEN USED AS ASSISTIVE ANIMALS!!! Some trainers USE ONLY PIT BULLS.
Really? Show me. Because it's foolish to use the most vicious dogs as "assistive animals" considering how many fatalities they account for, like the one in the article in the OP.

Others train them bad.
Doesn't matter. Pit bulls account for the vastly overwhelming majority of fatal attacks. It's not even a comparison.

Even a HORSE will kick someone routinely
if they have been raised mis-treated.
Yes, and even a kitty cat will scratch a person, and even a hamster will nip sometimes, and even a bird will peck, etc. etc.. What does any of that have to do with this thread? Not a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
These 4 Amazing Organizations Are Advocating for Pit Bulls and Their Guardians

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Operation Sidekick. Our Shelter to Service program is rescuing, raising, and training pit bull dogs as service dogs (Sidekicks) for our veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. 20 military lives are lost to suicide from PTSD daily. Thousands of pit bulls are euthanized weekly.
Operation Sidekick - American Pit Bull Foundation
The American Pit Bull Foundation › programs

Assistive Animals for Persons with Disabilities - Kimball ...
[Search domain www.kts-law.com/assistive-animals-for-persons-with-disabilities/] Assistive Animals for Persons with Disabilities - Kimball Tirey & St. John LLP
Breeds such as Pit Bulls or Rottweilers (which are considered by many people to be "dangerous") are often used as assistive animals. The Joint Statement on Assistance Animals makes it clear that the determination of whether an animal is dangerous cannot be based on breed, but must instead be based on objective evidence that a particular animal (regardless of its breed) is a danger.

assistive pit bulls - YouTube

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pit Bulls are very common dogs so you will have more incidents with aggression changes due to the large numbers. It doesn't help many seek them out to be aggressive guard dogs and don't always treat them well, like leaving them chained outside and not bonding with people. Either way this is a very sad story and usually animal control euthanizes against the person's choice right away after the first bite, so this sounds to be a very unusual case. Does the woman fighting against this have a lot of money or influence??

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Its the owner not the breed. I feel for this poor lady and its sad that this dog grew in a thugs home instead of a loving one with training.

Kind of getting the "Guns don`t kill people , people kill people" wibe here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,799.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Kind of getting the "Guns don`t kill people , people kill people" wibe here.
You have the option of sharing a taxi with one of two people...:

1. a professional lady who carries a pistol in her handbag for personal protection or,

2. a convicted violent criminal totally unarmed...?

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You have the option of sharing a taxi with one of two people...:

1. a professional lady who carries a pistol in her handbag for personal protection or,

2. a convicted violent criminal totally unarmed...?

I doubt I would share a taxi with anyone who felt they had to say they have a gun in their handbag or that they were a violent criminal.

You really have to work these analogies a bit.

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟341,799.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I doubt I would share a taxi with anyone who felt they had to say they have a gun in their handbag or that they were a violent criminal.

You really have to work these analogies a bit.
So you can't choose...:D

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No Criminal Charges in Fatal Suffield Dog Attack

The owner of this beast is a beast herself. She is fighting the euthanizing of the dog despite that it killed this 93-year-old woman. The dog has 2 biting incidents in the past. It killed this 95-year-old woman in the owner's home. Not only does the dog need to be put down ASAP but this woman should have criminal charges brought up against her.

These pit bulls need to be made illegal. Euthanize most of them and if anything re-breed them to not be vicious, if possible. These dogs need to go. Someone in my neighborhood has one and one day it was roaming around, off leash. If that thing steps onto my property it will be its last step.

My SIL runs a shelter, and there are a number of breeds that people claim should be made illegal and be euthanized. It depends on which way the wind blows on which breed will be targeted next. I remember German Shepherds and Boxers were popular to hate when I was growing up. Any breed can be dangerous, and they also can be extremely loyal and a good pet. Circumstances and temperament need to be looked at.

This clearly was a case that should have been taken care of prior. 2 biting incidents in the past? There should not have been a third. Also, why would family members leave their elderly parent alone with a dog that had 2 biting incidents - since the state clearly dropped the ball!

We had one in our neighborhood, and it was a gentle giant! Temperament of Marmaduke if you are familiar with the comic strip. I remember their fence lock broke one day, and the dog got out. He didn't know what to do, and so he came and laid down on our front porch. I went out to check the mail, and he startled me. lol because he wasn't' supposed to be there! I walked him back to his yard, and wired the lock shut. His owners had run to the gas station to fill up before their trip for the day started. They wanted him to do his duty before they all left, and had no idea the fence hardware broke. We figured since he always loved to LOVE up on our son? He went to the next best house he could think of once he got out, and didn't know what to do next. He was so happy to see me when I opened the door - I will never forget that face of relief. After my shock I did find it rather humorous that he felt I was there to rescue him.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
These 4 Amazing Organizations Are Advocating for Pit Bulls and Their Guardians

Search Results
Featured snippet from the web
Operation Sidekick. Our Shelter to Service program is rescuing, raising, and training pit bull dogs as service dogs (Sidekicks) for our veterans suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. 20 military lives are lost to suicide from PTSD daily. Thousands of pit bulls are euthanized weekly.
Operation Sidekick - American Pit Bull Foundation
The American Pit Bull Foundation › programs

Assistive Animals for Persons with Disabilities - Kimball ...
[Search domain www.kts-law.com/assistive-animals-for-persons-with-disabilities/] Assistive Animals for Persons with Disabilities - Kimball Tirey & St. John LLP
Breeds such as Pit Bulls or Rottweilers (which are considered by many people to be "dangerous") are often used as assistive animals. The Joint Statement on Assistance Animals makes it clear that the determination of whether an animal is dangerous cannot be based on breed, but must instead be based on objective evidence that a particular animal (regardless of its breed) is a danger.

assistive pit bulls - YouTube
All propaganda from pit bull devotees who think there is no problem with that breed. Of course, the part they don't tell you is that these assistive animals sometimes snap and bit people, like little girls:
https://nypost.com/2019/02/28/emotional-support-pit-bull-mauled-5-year-old-girl-suit/

I'm sure I can use a loaded pistol with the safety off as a spoon to eat my oatmeal but if I were to accidentally shoot my head off one day while doing so nobody would be surprised. In other words, just because it can be done and is done doesn't mean it's not a foolish and dangerous thing to do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its the owner not the breed. I feel for this poor lady and its sad that this dog grew in a thugs home instead of a loving one with training.
If it's the owner and not the breed then the owner should be charged with manslaughter for her criminal negligence. But it's both the owner and the breed in this case. That is a vicious breed, plain and simple.

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Jut because someone dumb gets shot by their own gun,
doesn't
mean no one else should have a gun.
So you admit that using a pit bull as an assistive animal is as dumb as using a gun as a spoon. I agree.

Upvote 0