93-Year-old Grandma Creates 6-foot Buckingham Palace Entirely Out of Wool-Look at the Incredible Details

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,666,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A great-great grandmother dubbed the ‘Queen of Knitting’ has created a massive six-foot long replica of Buckingham Palace made entirely out of wool.

Margaret Seaman spent eight months knitting the model of His Majesty’s main residence in London, after taking up the craft seriously just 10 years ago.

Even better, the 93-year-old has used her craft to raise over $120,000 for charities and gets stopped on the street because of her new celebrity status.

“Now, when I sit in the car whilst we’re out, people knock on my window and say, ‘are you the lady that does the knitting?

“But I don’t feel any different—I’m still Margaret.”

Her most recent creation, the woolly Buckingham Palace, has been lovingly built over months with polystyrene blocks for structure and wiring to create the gates.

It features tiny guards with bear-skin hats and pedestrians staring up at the grand palace, with landscaping and trees around the structure.

Continued below.

HoneyBee

Prodigal Daughter
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2017
West Coast
✟198,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love the skill and attention to detail that she used. What a spectacular use of her time! Also, love the humility in her statement of still feeling the same even though she's getting attention for her craft.

Upvote 0