Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would he? He has no incentive to clean up his act with all his enablers rationalizing his behavior and refusing to hold him accountable for anything he says or does.

No incentive? How would you know? Who are his enablers? How is his behavior rationalized? Who should hold him accountable and for what? Easy to make bare naked statements without facts to support.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No incentive? How would you know? Who are his enablers? How is his behavior rationalized? Who should hold him accountable and for what? Easy to make bare naked statements without facts to support.

Oh there are daily examples....but here are two enablers:

“[W]e do not recall the president saying these comments specifically,” David Perdue (Ga.) and Tom Cotton (Ark.)

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh there are daily examples....but here are two enablers:

“[W]e do not recall the president saying these comments specifically,” David Perdue (Ga.) and Tom Cotton (Ark.)

Is that the case though? How are we to judge the truth of the matter? At any rate, here is the deal, without any proof or evidence from direct sources, what case has a person? In other words, too often, our news is from second or third or even fourth hand sources, which may or may not be accurate. As discouraging as it is, most the time all we get are interpretations from those sources. When it comes to information, I am more of a direct from the source kind of person, if and when possible, I prefer it that way. This includes other areas of interest, like theology, where claims and concerns arise pertaining to theologians, I would much rather read directly from a source, be it Augustine, Luther, Calvin, [insert theologian name], or whomever the claim or concern applies to, and allow the chips to fall wherever they fall. As much as I respect my "heroes" of the faith, I also recognize their humanity and struggles with sin, taking into account the times in which they lived, and while I do not "excuse" their sins, neither do I reject them for them, and if I did, I would have to reject myself, because I am not more Holy than them, nor more intelligent, nor more wise. While this may be an imperfect example because I do not view any politicians in the same light that I do particular theologians, the concept of direct source is the same, and the conscience of struggling with sin is the same in instances where a politician is a Christian, if not, it is more like Adam and Eve covering themselves and with self-righteousness. Unfortunately pride and politics, often go hand in hand.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The media is so desperate to 'win' against Trump, that they can't stop lying about him. They should cover him fairly, but they can't help themselves.

Oh my. This is through the looking glass territory.

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nice spin, but it's the other way around, so far as I can see, maybe I'm blind, but the democrats have had nothing to offer but sour grapes from day 1. As for Hollywood liberals, remember Maddona's epic "bomb the white house" speech? And the not so peaceful demonstrations? And the same criticize Trump's behavior and mannerisms. PAAAleeeze.....

Last I checked Madonna wasn't the President of the United States of America and expected to have a certain amount of decorum.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Last I checked Madonna wasn't the President of the United States of America and expected to have a certain amount of decorum.

Of course not, but she is a public figure with more influence than say; you or me by a considerable amount, no? The elder queen of pop's comment, had it been said by the average person, could have been taken as a threat. Public expectations almost seem to vary from one person to the next, of course they're not all correct, nor can they be when they contradict, however one thing we can agree on is freedom within the bounds of legality. Maybe you could link to official protocol for Presidential behavior including the do's and do not's of public speaking? Last I checked the U.S. Constitution does not prohibit offensive speech or defensive for that matter. It would not surprise me if he won several votes because for his lack of political correctness and forthrightness in public speaking. There is little doubt the same attributes get him in time out trouble, especially with some people.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Of course not, but she is a public figure with more influence than say; you or me by a considerable amount, no?

That has nothing to do with the fact that she's not POTUS.

Maybe you could link to official protocol for Presidential behavior including the do's and do not's of public speaking? Last I checked the U.S. Constitution does not prohibit offensive speech or defensive for that matter.

I think mature adults could agree that we would rather have a president that has a modicum of decorum. Whether Sec. Clinton would have been any better in private, I don't know, but I have a feeling she'd be much better in public.

It would not surprise me if he won several votes because for his lack of political correctness and forthrightness in public speaking.

I know that certain demographic was attracted to his, um, manner of speaking.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,211.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Oh my. This is through the looking glass territory.

Just because Trump likes to make things up, doesn't excuse the media for doing the same. Clinton lied, Bush lied, Obama lied. Trump doing the same doesn't shock me. Does it excuse it? Of course not, but the corporate press constantly lying is honestly a bigger issue. Pretending that this problem doesn't exist, or isn't a big deal just makes it sound like you suffer from Trump Anxiety-Related Derangement Syndrome.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am more of a direct from the source kind of person, if and when possible, I prefer it that way.

That makes two of us.
In the case I sighted, we do not have access to any official transcript of the meeting. Hence, we are left to evaluate the statements, motives and integrity of others who were at the meeting and draw our own conclusions.
As for Trump's words and actions, we have plenty of direct sources available.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I certainly didn’t hear what Senator Durbin has said repeatedly,” Mr. Cotton said on the CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “Senator Durbin has a history of misrepresenting what happens in White House meetings, though, so perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised by that.” He was referring to the Obama administration contradicting Mr. Durbin’s account of a 2013 meeting in which he claimed then-House Republican leader Eric Cantor told President Obama, “I cannot even stand to look at you.”

Can you trust Dick Durbin?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟689,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A startling 91 percent say news organizations slant their coverage to promote a certain viewpoint, while 88 percent agree that the emergence of “fake news” is a threat to democracy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry but reading your post, the words "out of touch" spring to mind. As if Hilary Clinton or Obama could even be compared to the likes of Washington, Lincoln, or even Ronald Reagan. That's just... ^_^
I agree if I thought that it would be very out of touch. hah hah

Perhaps it is better to add that also, just like you have, even if most everyone already knows, yes.

Now that we know we agree on that, let's look in the opposite direction also. We can learn about the faults of Washington, Lincoln, Reagan, learn they all had feet of clay like anyone. And, these 2 candidates from 2016 are far from having that time in office to show what they can do yet. Etc. Unique individuals, unique situations, different moments in time, never the same river twice, etc. Neither Hillary nor Trump has truly been tested like those 3 were, not yet. Also, did I mention I expect Trump to go a fair ways to destabilize the world? Speaking of which, perhaps that's just all inevitable, because I think all He foretold in Matthew 24 has gotta start, or have the groundwork laid, at some point too. Did I leave anything out?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I certainly didn’t hear what Senator Durbin has said repeatedly,” Mr. Cotton said on the CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “Senator Durbin has a history of misrepresenting what happens in White House meetings, though, so perhaps we shouldn’t be surprised by that.” He was referring to the Obama administration contradicting Mr. Durbin’s account of a 2013 meeting in which he claimed then-House Republican leader Eric Cantor told President Obama, “I cannot even stand to look at you.”

Can you trust Dick Durbin?
I trust Lindsey Graham, whose memory does not evolve.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I'll play the game, how about "Removed 36 percent more criminal gang members than in fiscal 2016." Have fun trying to prove me wrong, plenty more where that came from.
Could you please provide a link to a reliable source for this information? And what time period is considered to be "fiscal 2016". Thanks.

Upvote 0

Think like Christ

Jan 11, 2018
Vancouver
✟9,163.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that the case though? How are we to judge the truth of the matter?

When someone (and their enablers) lies continuously, and their story is at odds with someone who does not lie continuously, you believe the person who does not lie continuously.

This is one reason it is important to be truthful, wouldn't you agree?

Upvote 0