Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Here’s another reason I think these types of threads are important. There are men like this, professing to be a Christian, who make tweets like this. There’s no gospel. No hope of reconciliation. So to think that being better white person will help is a delusion.

75E4EE88-67F4-4CAE-81C5-79BCFEB38D04.jpeg

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Here’s another reason I think these types of threads are important. There are men like this, professing to be a Christian, who make tweets like this. There’s no gospel. No hope of reconciliation. So to think that being better white person will help is a delusion.

View attachment 267809
I don't think a lot of white people didn't vote for Obama because he was black; however; most of blacks voted for him because he was black.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think a lot of white people didn't vote for Obama because he was black; however; most of blacks voted for him because he was black.
Actually, a lot of white people voted for Obama. Black people make up about 10% of the population. They couldn't have elected hi on their own.

Obama, quite obviously, was a superb candidate. Blacks tend to vote for the better candidates ....

• Optimistic
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Actually, a lot of white people voted for Obama. Black people make up about 10% of the population. They couldn't have elected hi on their own.

Obama, quite obviously, was a superb candidate. Blacks tend to vote for the better candidates ....
I only admit that McCain and Romney were not my favorite politicians. ;)

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

What is it about the melanin in there skin that makes them more likely to vote for, as you say, a better candidate?

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You're making that correlation, not me ...
Really? You just took a whole group with similar pigmentation and said they mostly all think alike.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really? You just took a whole group with similar pigmentation and said they mostly all think alike.
Or ... I took a whole group of people with similar experiences ... and said they tend to vote alike ... which is a fact already acknowledged in this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Or ... I took a whole group of people with similar experiences ... and said they tend to vote alike ... which is a fact already acknowledged in this thread.
So all black people have such similar experiences that they all vote alike?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So all black people have such similar experiences that they all vote alike?
Earlier in the thread it was alleged that 95% of blacks voted for Obama ... based on melanin.

My counter-point is that the true reasoning was much more likely shared experience.

I thought that was aligned with your point ...

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Earlier in the thread it was alleged that 95% of blacks voted for Obama ... based on melanin.

My counter-point is that the true reasoning was much more likely shared experience.

I thought that was aligned with your point ...
I see what you are saying. I disagree, but I see. But I think we are going outside the scope of this thread.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I think part of the problem we have in these discussions is that there’s this us versus them mentality. This shouldn’t be happening within the church. We are all one in Christ. The barriers are now down.

For He Himself is our peace, who made both groups into one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, which is the Law of commandments contained in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thus establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.
— Ephesians 2:14-16

The early church had its issues with Jews and Gentiles. Paul showed why this shouldn’t be. We are no different. The world may act as if there’s such a thing as different races. But we shouldn’t buy into that. We are all one race, with different ethnicities (if we are to use biblical language, which we should). We should be rallying around the One who has set us free.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The first sentence alone is off to a rough state - "As a Christian, I feel called to live like Christ, which means to try to be good and kind, loving others as Christ has loved me. But as a white person, I am part of a larger history that is not good. Not kind. Not loving. "

Seriously, though. No one is part of a larger history where their race, gender or country is "good, kind and loving." We ALL come from ignorance, fault, and sin. I have enough to feel guilty about already, but I can honestly say actions of descendants or people from other generations before I was born doesn't weigh into my personal guilt and repentance. When I think of ways to be a better person in general, I honestly can't think of anything race-wise I need to improve on, other than focusing on compassion and that we're all supposed to be seen as equal in race and gender in this supposedly more enlightened culture.

The only one on her list I'm connecting with is #6 where I believe friends who have experienced racism and how it has affected them, we should all do that to continue to grow toward killing racism off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
The first sentence alone is off to a rough state - "As a Christian, I feel called to live like Christ, which means to try to be good and kind, loving others as Christ has loved me. But as a white person, I am part of a larger history that is not good. Not kind. Not loving. "

Seriously, though. No one is part of a larger history where their race, gender or country is "good, kind and loving." We ALL come from ignorance, fault, and sin. I have enough to feel guilty about already, but I can honestly say actions of descendants or people from other generations before I was born doesn't weigh into my personal guilt and repentance. When I think of ways to be a better person in general, I honestly can't think of anything race-wise I need to improve on, other than focusing on compassion and that we're all supposed to be seen as equal in race and gender in this supposedly more enlightened culture.

The only one on her list I'm connecting with is #6 where I believe friends who have experienced racism and how it has affected them, we should all do that to continue to grow toward killing racism off.
I’m not sure if this was your intent, but you hit upon the truth that this isn’t a skin color issue. It’s a sin issue. And there’s only one solution for sin issues, and that’s the gospel.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
---SE---
I remember as a kid a lady in church expressing disgust because some white girl had married a " black" man. I wanted to laugh out loud, because she was a very pale person and her husband was very ruddy. I wanted to say "you married a red person", lol.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
Thread has had a light cleanup due to goading posts.
Remember to review your post before you hit that reply button. :)
ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0