• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

9/11 Hoopla

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Soul_Searcher, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul_Searcher

Soul_Searcher Contributor

+249
    Other Religion
    Lost in all the 9/11 stuff that is being shouted in the media this week is the simple question, "Why?" Why did they do it? What is it that we as a nation did to bring this kind of attack upon ourselves?

We've heard all the 'life-changing' stories, seen the heroism, cried for the victims and hailed the courage, but one year later has our nation really changed? Have we become more concerned with the welfare of others? Are we going slower and appreciating the beauty and gifts God has given us? Or did we just pause, reflect, and then rev it right back up again?

Are we any closer to "Love God with your whole heart, soul, mind and strength; love your neighbor as yourself"?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Gunny

Gunny Remnant Supporter

+85
    Christian
    Married
    [​IMG]

3. Job_38

Job_38 <font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled

+1
    No, we are not closer, as you are mentioning it. But there are difference at the personal levels. Before 9/11 I had no interest in the world around me, but it brought it into my lab, hot coals into my lag.

4. Kiwi

Kiwi Active Member

+16
    Christian
    Married
    I've got all overwelmed seeing it all on tv again, am avoiding the tv, but am also feeling so sad as well.

5. ServantOfTheLord

ServantOfTheLord Seeking His Face

+0
    If our nation does not repent and look to Jesus to help us then attrocities even worse than 9/11 are bound to happen.

I will pray for the repentance of our nation and for our leaders to look to HIm in every decision they make.

Remember ... God has blessed America and America has spit in His face. Deuteronomy 28:15-68 tells what happens to nations that turn their backs on God.

I offer my condolonces to all those who lost loved ones in the tragic events of 9/11.

In His Service,

Sandy

6. Chris†opher Paul

Chris†opher Paul Based on a True Story

+4
    With all due respect, why they did it no longer matters. They lost the right to an opinion and a cause when they MURDERED innocent people and then laughed about it.

7. stillsmallvoice

stillsmallvoice The Narn rule!

+173
    Judaism
    Married
    Hi all!

Lessee, Soul_Searcher posted:

You know for certain that we brought, "this kind of attack upon ourselves"? God has told you this? You have looked at His account books (sdo to speak)?

I (as an orthodox Jew) don't think that such as we should dare to try to read God's mind (so to speak) and presume to know why He allows this or that thing to happen. On the Hebrew calendar, 9/11 was one year ago two weeks ago. The weekly Torah reading was Deuteronomy 29:9-29:30. Deuteronomy 29:28 tells us that,

Truly, why He allowed such evil people to perpetrate such monstrous crimes must be one of those, "secret things."

Whenever such disasters happen, I refer to Deut. 29:28, Psalm 131:1-2

Isaiah 55:9

and Job 38:2-4

to help prevent me from getting too big for my spiritual britches.

Be well!

ssv :wave:

8. franklin

franklin Sexed up atheism = Pantheism

+218
    Atheist
    Private
    Aaamen soulljah!&nbsp;You and I usually do not agree on biblical matters but this one thing I think we are one in heart and mind!&nbsp; I believe 911 did unite us as a nation and many souls did repent and come to the knowledge of Christ as savior as I have heard many testimonies confirmed.&nbsp; I believe&nbsp;we are&nbsp;still the greatest nation on this planet that makes us stand out as a beacon of light to the world.&nbsp; I felt just like you felt as I watched our TV in our office where I work as they laughed as those towers burned and collapsed in smoke and flames and thousands of lives were suddenly&nbsp;sent to their graves.&nbsp; Here it is one year later and I don't&nbsp;believe they are laughing any longer&nbsp;because they didn't realize that they picked a fight with the wrong enemy as our great Prez GW Bush so eliquently pointed out.&nbsp; I'm looking at today 91102 as a day to reflect and to remember and not forget what they did to our nation.&nbsp; &nbsp;May God bless you today

FR

9. strathyboy

strathyboy Active Member

+1
    I won't say I agree with everything said so far, but yes it was a tragedy, and those who did it are being punished for it right now.

But I thought I'd add one little tidbit of information... The fastest growing religion in the United States since the Sept. 11th attacks is Islam.

One other thought: Why they did what they did is very important. Perhaps if you know WHY they did it, you can prevent it from happening again. Not caring and doing nothing to try to right whatever wrong caused these men to give their lives to hurt America will only invite further terrorist acts.

10. TheBear

TheBear Free Agent

+1,655
    Atheist
    Private
    Go ahead and explain to the fatherless children that their fathers are gone because they brought it upon themselves. Comfort the widows by saying that it was their husband's fault. Tell the husbands that their wives and mothers of their children are dead because of something they did. Tell all parents that their children died because they deserved it.

The only thing these people did on that fatefull day, was to go to work, just like countless millions throughout the world.

Today is a day of mourning and rememberance. Today is not the day for soap-boxing, pontificating, or self blaming.

Out of respect and grief, I am closing this thread.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.