Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Right now I'm in a situation that's difficult to me to talk about, I don't really know if what I'm thinking/doing is necessarily a sin, I'd like to know how to handle this. I didn't directly put the issue in the title because I do feel some embarrassment.

I have been taking interest in infantilism, it's a fetish that consists in acting like a baby, that includes using baby toys, baby clothes, ect.
I don't use the term tb/dl, (teen baby/diaper lover) because I don't like diapers at all, I think they're disgusting, which is weird because that's what the community cares about the most. For me, it's a non sexual fetish, I have no sexual attraction to any of these things, I'm only calling it a fetish because that's what it is. I'm also not a big fan of the community, most a(t)b/dl content creeps me out, and most of it seems to look like unhealthy escapism to me, because of how big of a role it takes in their lives. My only interest in it is the comfort that gives me, specifically the idea of using a pacifier and onesies pajamas, rattles too sometimes, and just take relaxing naps in a swinging crib, or something of the sort. I even considered buying a pacifier, but I'm not even going to invest that much in something that may or may not be beneficial to my life.
I haven't acted upon my fetish directly, I'm an artist and I have drawn some images related to this.

Sometimes I think it was bound to happen, since I've never stoped doing some "childish" things, like putting my drawings on the fridge and liking plushies a lot, maybe it's rooted to bad and traumatic experiences I had as a kid.
Nobody knows about this, I haven't told my mom about this, I know she loves me and will still support me, but I can't find the moment to confess this to her, and I don't have close enough friends to tell them something this intimate. I try to present as somewhat formal, and people think I'm a kind of a serious person, sometimes with this fetish I feel like I'm being disingenuous to them, it's such a high contrasting secret it's almost comical.
This could also be a burden in the future, I'm single and I've always been, and I don't know if a christian man would accept me if I keep this fetish through adulthood. And I don't see myself with a "caretaker" or my partner being one, I don't want to drag anyone onto this.

But most importantly, is this something a follower of God would do? It seems so silly to me, I don't really see the people I look up to being into this kind of stuff.
I know some people bring up 1 Corinthians 13:11, but I thought that that verse talked about a spiritual and theological way of seeing things.
And I believe the biggest threat in this indulgence is how much time I give to it, and even if I manage my time correctly with my interest and not let it become an idol, there's still an uncertainty behind it, I don't know if I'm stressing over nothing or if I should avoid these feelings.
Paul said that there is a time to put away childish things. I'd recommend now is a good time. It may not be a sin, but is it edifying? I can't see how it can be.

Upvote 0

Demily

Dec 10, 2019
Bloomingdale
✟20,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Everything you do you have to ask yourself is this honoring God?
1 Peter 1:13-16 (KJV) Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:
But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Could you try to find other things that give you the same feeling you want of comfort but in a more age appropriate way?

I don't think onesies are a bad thing if ur just wearing them to sleep in. They're comfy. Obv. wearing them outside of the house is not acceptable except for maybe a costume party.

My friend still has her blankie from when she was little. It's a comfort to her. It's just what is on her bed. She doesn't carry it around with her or anything. It's purely sentimental & like a security blanket.

Upvote 0