Falcon
✟164,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, I've been having a problem recently. I keep thinking things in my head that I don't want to think. They've been horrible, sinful things, but I can't make it stop. I've already asked for support about this on this site, and I've already gotten encouragement from others. What I'm concerned about is the things I ask for. I've started to ask for things in my head that I don't want because of this problem I have. My question is, will God listen and do those things, even if I don't want them? I'm sorry if you don't understand the question, no one else really seems to understand when I ask. I just need reassurance that He won't listen to the things I ask for but don't actually want.

There are various things in Scripture that God says that may be applicable to your situation as you are still speaking a little cryptically.

Scripture says: God won't hear the prayer of sinners.
Scripture says: God answers prayers that are in accordance with His will.

Personally, I would resist the temptation to ask for things I don't want, unless they are in accordance with something that is good for my development in Christ.

Since you said they are sinful, I would resist the temptation.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, I've been having a problem recently. I keep thinking things in my head that I don't want to think. They've been horrible, sinful things, but I can't make it stop. I've already asked for support about this on this site, and I've already gotten encouragement from others. What I'm concerned about is the things I ask for. I've started to ask for things in my head that I don't want because of this problem I have. My question is, will God listen and do those things, even if I don't want them? I'm sorry if you don't understand the question, no one else really seems to understand when I ask. I just need reassurance that He won't listen to the things I ask for but don't actually want.

Romans 8

26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know how we ought to pray, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans too deep for words. 27And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

In the believer, the Holy Spirit filters out the "baloney" ;o)

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
God is all knowing, He hears every thought and will act or not act on them according to His will. He won't work in a person who is not in His Son unless someone is wanting to be in His Son/ looking for salvation. I've likened the idea of " not hearing a sinner" to He hears but ignores. If He literally didn't hear then He also would not be all knowing in missing that information. You can't trigger God to act by wishing, unless it's in His will to act. It's about Him not about us. In cases where we have the mind of Christ, as the apostles had, they could command things in the name of Jesus but always to God's Glory. I'm sure what you are praying for is not to His Glory by the sounds of it. Someone who is not in Christ Jesus will never command any action from God but I can't get into that part here.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Edit:
I didn't phrase it very well in the original post, but basically something inside me makes me ask for something I don't want in a single quick unwanted thought, and I take it back immediately. It isn't in prayer, it's a quick unwanted thought. Will He listen to that and do those things? It's hard to explain, so I'll give an example. I thought something in my head like "dang" me (except, the actual word. I don't feel comfortable typing it). Obviously, I don't want that, so I took it back immediately. I just need some reassurance that He won't listen to those things.
I have to refresh my mind with Gospel readings on a weekly basis. The good word might overcome bad temptations. You might try the Gospel According to John. Drugs and alcohol can cause brain damage, causing the thought process to go astray. Better to be into health food than drugs, tobacco and alcohol.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Never stop praying! Some prayers I prayed for years and finally God answered them in the best way possible.

1 John 5
4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 Corinthians 15
57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

The more time you spend volunteering for the Lord, you will spend that time thinking other thoughts. And in free time, get involved in sports.

Upvote 0