Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you writing this to fellow RCIA students? Personally, if I received such a letter I'd be a bit spooked.it is also entirely too long. My question is- what the goal is here? It may come from a good place but I do not think it will be received that way.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well like Michie(yeah we don't disagree on everything), I have the same question. Why are you thinking of giving this to RICA students ? You'll be preaching to the choir so to speak. They're coming into the Church because of their faith in Jesus, not because they're looking to join the right group according to their ego-driven identity attachment. At least I hope they're not.

Also, you have a dualistic mindset. The others, neo-jansenists or whomever you have in your sight at the time, and us, the righteous who belong to the right religion.

St Theresa of Lisieux taught in her "little way," in God's garden there are many flowers. He loves the rose as much as he loves the tulip.

So don't try to discern who is the rose or tulip in God's garden, it doesn't matter, we're all His flowers and we need to treat all with love and compassion, not preaching them into agreeing with us.

In your face religion drives even the most devote Catholics away.

May I ask how old you are ?

Jim

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well like Michie(yeah we don't disagree on everything), I have the same question. Why are you thinking of giving this to RICA students ? You'll be preaching to the choir so to speak. They're coming into the Church because of their faith in Jesus, not because they're looking to join the right group according to their ego-driven identity attachment. At least I hope they're not.

Also, you have a dualistic mindset. The others, neo-jansenists or whomever you have in your sight at the time, and us, the righteous who belong to the right religion.

St Theresa of Lisieux taught in her "little way," in God's garden there are many flowers. He loves the rose as much as he loves the tulip.

So don't try to discern who is the rose or tulip in God's garden, it doesn't matter, we're all His flowers and we need to treat all with love and compassion, not preaching them into agreeing with us.

In your face religion drives even the most devote Catholics away.

May I ask how old you are ?

Jim

If it's not a knee-jerk rhetorical question you're free to click on his profile to see his age Jim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.