Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the neighbors were intending to be neighborly, they'd watch over the kids (and the neighborhood in general) rather than calling 911 about kids being there who are supposed to be there.

Yup. They weren't even neighbors. They were on a walk. We literally live across the street from a hospital and in between two drs offices. We are the only house on our block. THe kids know the exact route I walk the dog and they know not to leave the house while I am walking her. But they are children, and things happen. I may be stupid or whatever, but people should really mind their own business.

• Agree
Reactions: akmom
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I honestly wish I knew. I have a 6 year old and 4 year old. I go to walk my dog (literally across the street and am gone for 10 min or less)

just curious why your kids don't go with you to walk the dog?

when my kid was younger, I tied dog's leash to our stroller
to walk them

Upvote 0

Sunshyne

I am my Beloved's and He is mine!!!
Aug 30, 2018
Nacogdoches
✟15,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
just curious why your kids don't go with you to walk the dog?

when my kid was younger, I tied dog's leash to our stroller
to walk them

Sometimes they do. Sometimes they choose to stay home. It has been made very clear that when they choose to stay home, that they are choosing to stay IN the house while I'm away and that whatever they need can wait until I get back (and mommy ALWAYS comes back).

Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was afraid to even shower when our child was young so think I waited until she was 5?

even then, I locked our bedroom door where our bathroom was and told her not to go on bed as thought she'd fall off, crack her head

put a DVD on to watch and took quick shower

that's a first time mom for ya, lol

Reactions: Sunshyne
Upvote 0

Sunshyne

I am my Beloved's and He is mine!!!
Aug 30, 2018
Nacogdoches
✟15,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yep. My youngest is a runner, so even tho she's 4 going on 5, I still have to lock doors, etc. Plus I have severe anxiety and agoraphobia so....extra extra extra extra precautions are always taken.

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I live in a suburb of a huge city and it's not unusual to see kids walking dogs alone in my neighborhood. I was out walking a kid in the stroller yesterday and two girls under 10 (sisters) were walking a dog. I remember when we brought our daughter home I was walking her in the bassinet and a boy around 8 was walking a huge dog after dark. I thought it was unusual but never would dream of calling the police. It's a huge city but my neighborhood is extremely kid friendly. I see kids walking home from school or the bus or to music or karate lessons all the time, by themselves. This is also a neighborhood that is mostly made up of orthodox Jewish families and a few Muslims. They all have huge families with many kids and know or are related to others in the neighborhood. I feel like people just watch out for the kids in the neighborhood and value children. I would only call the police if I saw someone trying to bother a kid or who seemed to be following them. I feel lucky to live here and it's been suggested at neighborhood meetings that kids who are alone and in trouble to go find a mom or dad out with kids or knock on a door of a family that you know has kids (even if you don't know them personally). Someone is always outside or out walking around with their kids and I'm glad to know that most are willing to keep an eye outfor the kids that live here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0