Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The main verse is in Daniel 9:27, where the Leader of the One World Government [the Anti-Christ] will come to New Israel, [Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5] and negotiate a 7 year peace treaty with them. This is a mistake on the part of Beulah's leaders, as the AC will break it after 3.5 years. Daniel 11:31
But some of the people of Beulah will keep faithful to God, it is those who will be taken to a place of safety during the 1260 day Great Tribulation. Rev 12:14
The rest will stay in the holy Land. Zechariah 14:1-2
Isaiah 28:14-15 also talks about this 'Treaty of Death' that will be signed by the arrogant rulers in Jerusalem'.
Be aware that the time is fast approaching when the Lord will act in judgement/punishment. Isaiah 42:14-15 His terrible Day of wrath will be an earth changer and everything will be different. A OWG will be formed, but all who love the Lord and keep His laws will gather and go to live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 20:34-38 After all that is prophesied happens, Jesus will Return and reign for 1000 years.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok, I need yall to link me all scriptures related to the 7yr Peace Treaty. I have come across something that is making me look at a verse in a different perspective. I'll explain later.
Well...I hope what you've come to understand was that there never will be a 7 year treaty.

That idea is the worst reading of Daniel I know of. The "covenant" Daniel speaks of came through Christ. Jesus put an end to sacrifice and offering in the middle of the week. His 3.5 year ministry ends with His death on the cross...which brought the New Covenant!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well...I hope what you've come to understand was that there never will be a 7 year treaty.

That idea is the worst reading of Daniel I know of. The "covenant" Daniel speaks of came through Christ. Jesus put an end to sacrifice and offering in the middle of the week. His 3.5 year ministry ends with His death on the cross...which brought the New Covenant!!! :thumbsup:

Another interpretation, is that in middle of the Roman-Jewish war (that is what partial preterist call the Tribulation and Jacob's Trouble) dating from 66AD to 73AD, the end of sacrifices and oblations were OFFICIALLY inaugerated with the destruction of the temple 70AD.

Because remember, animal sacrifices and oblations were being made even after Christ's death and resurrection. But they most certainly ceased in 70AD.

Either one is a great interpretation IMO.

Upvote 0

10s3r

Mar 15, 2014
✟412.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I agree with that. I'm a futurist but I don't accept Daniel's 70th week.

Here's what I think futurist miss about this.

DAN 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week:...

First off, even if this were future, "peace treaty," is not the proper meaning of the word covenant.

The word covenant is an alliance or confederacy. That's not something that is done with enemies. A covenant is a compact between friends. Israel is not friends with it's Arab neighbors. The experts would like you to believe that this 'peace treaty' includes Israel when Israel or any nations, are not mentioned or implied in the text.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Here's what I think futurist miss about this.
QUOTE]

Its not a "peace treaty"....

Christians will know when Daniels 70th week starts, its only one of the greatest prophecies in scripture.

Be kinda hard to miss..^_^
Don't look for it then. Let me give you some clues from Jesus:

He said to Peter you shall forgive 70 x 7...which we all know is 490.

Now why would Jesus say that? Because he new the seventy weeks, were about HIM!

*It was Jesus that said "It is finished" (the transgression)

*It was Jesus who made an end of sin!

*It was Jesus who made atonement for iniquity!

*It was Jesus who brought in everlasting righteousness

*It was Jesus who sealed up prophecy (Revelation 22:18, 19)

*It was Jesus who anointed the most holy place...
Hebrews 9:12:
12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

This then is the true meaning!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't look for it then. Let me give you some clues from Jesus:

He said to Peter you shall forgive 70 x 7...which we all know is 490.

Now why would Jesus say that? Because he new the seventy weeks, were about HIM!

*It was Jesus that said "It is finished" (the transgression)

*It was Jesus who made an end of sin!

*It was Jesus who made atonement for iniquity!

*It was Jesus who brought in everlasting righteousness

*It was Jesus who sealed up prophecy (Revelation 22:18, 19)

*It was Jesus who anointed the most holy place...
Hebrews 9:12:
12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

This then is the true meaning!!! :thumbsup:

Jesus never said the transgression was finished.

That's not in the Bible.

People are still transgressing the law.

And sinning everyday, including yourself.

The rest of your post is sheer nonsense..

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus never said the transgression was finished.
So tell me...what did Jesus mean when he said this from the cross in John 19:30?:
30 Therefore when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

What was finished??? Now Daniel said "finish the transgression"...so was the crucifixion a transgression of the Jews, when they delivered Him to the Romans on FALSE charges to death???

That's not in the Bible.

People are still transgressing the law.
Why will people go to hell except for the fact that they will not receive Christ payment for their sins on the cross? Do you not understand that Christ is the propitiation not for our sins only BUT THE SINS OF THE WORLD???

People will go t hell because they will not receive Christ!!!
And sinning everyday, including yourself.

The rest of your post is sheer nonsense..
It's "nonsense' because you don't acknowledge or understand what scripture says. Did you ever read 1 John 3:9?:
9 No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Explain why it says "he CANNOT sin".

Explain this in Hebrews 1:3:
3 And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,

What does "purification form sins" mean?

You see? The nonsense is that you don't grasp what Christ actually did on the cross. HE MADE AND END OF SIN...but it is only the END OF SIN for those who come to HIM!!!

When you stand before Christ YOU HAVE NO RIGHTEOUSNESS of your own! Your righteousness is in Christ Shocker...AND CHRIST MADE AN END OF SIN FOR YOU!

You REALLY need to believe that! Paul did! Philippians 3:8, 9:
8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,
9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,

You really need to understand that!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shocker

Mar 10, 2014
✟3,534.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So tell me...what did Jesus mean when he said this from the cross in John 19:30?:

Settle down..

Christ said "it is finished" because he was prophesied to come ever since the book of Genesis. He came to pay the penalty for our sins. He is the Messiah, God incarnate.

He fulfilled this prophecy at the cross, even quoting Psalms before he did, as a way to show you that he in fact is the fulfillment of the Messiah.

Mat_27:46 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Psa 22:1 "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

There is still sin in the world, Christ didn't end sin, he paid the penalty for it.

Sin still exists, until sin is removed, this wont happen until the coming of Christ.

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

People go to hell because they are sinners, not because they don't receive Christ.

Christianity 101-

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

ebedmelech said in post 4:

The "covenant" Daniel speaks of came through Christ.

In Daniel 9:26, the original Hebrew word (karath, H3772) translated as "cut off" can refer to when a peace treaty/covenant is "made" (Genesis 21:27). The first century AD fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a was at the Crucifixion, when the true Messiah, Jesus, made the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:15-17). The future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a will be when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty, which will be a fulfillment of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 and the league in Daniel 11:23, with a future, ultra-Orthodox Jewish false Messiah in Jerusalem, after he and his followers are defeated by the Antichrist (Daniel 11:22-23). So the future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a can refer to this false Messiah being "cut off" in the sense of being "covenanted", peace-treatied.

This treaty will allow this false Messiah and his followers to keep a 3rd Jewish temple which they will have built on Jerusalem's Temple Mount (after they or great earthquakes have destroyed the Muslim structures there), and to (mistakenly) continue to perform the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices in front of the temple for at least 7 years (Daniel 9:27a), so long as they give up the outer court of the temple (Revelation 11:2a) to the Muslims so that the Muslims can rebuild the (by that time destroyed) Al Aqsa Mosque on the southern end of the Temple Mount and resume worship there. After "cutting" this treaty (Daniel 9:26a), the Antichrist could appear before the "many" (Daniel 9:27) nations represented at the U.N. General Assembly, and "confirm" (Daniel 9:27) that for at least 7 years he will keep this treaty with the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem, using this as purported proof to the world that he is (in his words) "a man of peace, and no Hitler".

In Daniel 9:27, "he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease" refers to when, only some 3.5 years after making the peace treaty of Daniel 9:26a,27a and Daniel 11:23a, the Antichrist will break the treaty, attack the 3rd temple, stop the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices, place the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing android image of the Antichrist) in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of the temple (Daniel 9:27b, Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15), and then sit himself in the temple and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). Thus could begin the Antichrist's literal 3.5-year Luciferian (Satanic) worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:9).

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People go to hell because they are sinners, not because they don't receive Christ.

Christianity 101-

Yet Only Sinners go to Heaven....

Sin is no longer the measuring stick God uses to determine who is worthy and who is not Vrba. The measuring stick IS who receives Christ and who does not.

Christian Kindergarten.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok, I need yall to link me all scriptures related to the 7yr Peace Treaty. I have come across something that is making me look at a verse in a different perspective. I'll explain later.
While it will not be a 7 year peace treaty, traditionally it has been thought to be a 7 year peace treaty because of two passages. The first being that the Antichrist (king of fierce countenance) in the text of Daniel 8 is said to destroy many by peace.

The corresponding verse is in 1Thessalonians5:3, when they say Peace and safety, sudden destruction will come upon them. Traditionally, it has been thought they will be saying that because of a peace treaty.

The confirmation of the covenant will actually be confirmation of the Mt. Sinai covenant by the Antichrist, who at that time the Jews will think that he is their messiah. The Antichrist will oversee the reading of Moses's at the end of ever 7 years ceremonial reading of his instruction to go in and possess the promised land. Deuteronomy 31:10-11.

That ceremony has not been done for at least 2000 years because it has to be done from the temple mount - which the Jews have not been allowed to.

Following Gog/Magog and the muslim control of the temple mount, the Antichrist the prince who shall come (from the EU and the people who destroyed the temple and city, the Romans) will reset the cycle. That is why the confirming of the covenant is in the text of Daniel 9:26-27, is "for" seven years. It is the length of the cycle.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sin is no longer the measuring stick God uses to determine who is worthy and who is not Vrba. The measuring stick IS who receives Christ and who does not.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a will be when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty, which will be a fulfillment of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 and the league in Daniel 11:23, with a future, ultra-Orthodox Jewish false Messiah in Jerusalem, after he and his followers are defeated by the Antichrist (Daniel 11:22-23).

AntiChrist is Anti-Messiah. There are not going to be two Anti-Messiahs.

For example what the prefix Anti means, from Wikipedia regarding antipope for understanding of what the prefix anti means.

"An antipope (Latin: antipapa) is a person who, in opposition to the one who is generally seen as the legitimately elected Pope, makes a significantly accepted competing claim to be the Pope"

The Antichrist, Anti-messiah, will be thought of as the messiah, instead of Jesus.

The false prophet, the second beast, is not a second Anti-Christ, Anti-messiah in addition to the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The corresponding verse is in 1Thessalonians5:3, when they say Peace and safety, sudden destruction will come upon them. Traditionally, it has been thought they will be saying that because of a peace treaty.

I can see the tradition in this, but because of the discovery I've come across due to the 7yr treaty, I'm seeing this in a new light.

What if those that are saying "peace and safety" in this verse are saying it because they want it? Like much of the world has been wanting this for a while, all of this versus people saying "peace and safety" because they have accomplished it.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can see the tradition in this, but because of the discovery I've come across due to the 7yr treaty, I'm seeing this in a new light.

What if those that are saying "peace and safety" in this verse are saying it because they want it? Like much of the world has been wanting this for a while, all of this versus people saying "peace and safety" because they have accomplished it.
Yes, they will think so after Gog/Magog, and what the Jews will be saying is the real messiah has arrived (the Antichrist), convincingly so, and that will also cause perhaps many who think Jesus is the messiah to fall away.

It is not a peace treaty though. The Jews view Jeremiah 31 as not a new covenant, but a renewal of the existing Mt. Sinai covenant. Which the Antichrist's actions to restart the 7 year cycle that Moses set, will be seen by them as the renewal.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In Daniel 9:26, the original Hebrew word (karath, H3772) translated as "cut off" can refer to when a peace treaty/covenant is "made" (Genesis 21:27). The first century AD fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a was at the Crucifixion, when the true Messiah, Jesus, made the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:15-17). The future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a will be when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty, which will be a fulfillment of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 and the league in Daniel 11:23, with a future, ultra-Orthodox Jewish false Messiah in Jerusalem, after he and his followers are defeated by the Antichrist (Daniel 11:22-23). So the future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a can refer to this false Messiah being "cut off" in the sense of being "covenanted", peace-treatied.

This treaty will allow this false Messiah and his followers to keep a 3rd Jewish temple which they will have built on Jerusalem's Temple Mount (after they or great earthquakes have destroyed the Muslim structures there), and to (mistakenly) continue to perform the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices in front of the temple for at least 7 years (Daniel 9:27a), so long as they give up the outer court of the temple (Revelation 11:2a) to the Muslims so that the Muslims can rebuild the (by that time destroyed) Al Aqsa Mosque on the southern end of the Temple Mount and resume worship there. After "cutting" this treaty (Daniel 9:26a), the Antichrist could appear before the "many" (Daniel 9:27) nations represented at the U.N. General Assembly, and "confirm" (Daniel 9:27) that for at least 7 years he will keep this treaty with the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem, using this as purported proof to the world that he is (in his words) "a man of peace, and no Hitler".

In Daniel 9:27, "he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease" refers to when, only some 3.5 years after making the peace treaty of Daniel 9:26a,27a and Daniel 11:23a, the Antichrist will break the treaty, attack the 3rd temple, stop the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices, place the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing android image of the Antichrist) in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of the temple (Daniel 9:27b, Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15), and then sit himself in the temple and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). Thus could begin the Antichrist's literal 3.5-year Luciferian (Satanic) worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:9).
Pure "religious" fantasy.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Settle down..

Christ said "it is finished" because he was prophesied to come ever since the book of Genesis. He came to pay the penalty for our sins. He is the Messiah, God incarnate.

He fulfilled this prophecy at the cross, even quoting Psalms before he did, as a way to show you that he in fact is the fulfillment of the Messiah.

Mat_27:46 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Psa 22:1 "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Psa 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

Psa 22:18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.

There is still sin in the world, Christ didn't end sin, he paid the penalty for it.

Sin still exists, until sin is removed, this wont happen until the coming of Christ.

Rom_6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Christianity 101-
You really don't get it...so I'll just say "ok"...but Shocker you really don't understand redemption...and I say this apart from eschatology.

Reading your response really surprises me.

Upvote 0