• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

7X7X7X7: The Mercy of The Lord For The Land Of Israel

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by Minister Monardo, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Leviticus 26:
    But if you do not obey Me, and do not observe all these commandments,
    15 and if you despise My statutes, or if your soul abhors My judgments, so
    that you do not perform all My commandments, but break My covenant,
    16 I also will do this to you:I will even appoint terror over you, wasting disease and fever which shall consume the eyes and cause sorrow of heart.
    And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
    17 I will set My face against you, and you shall be defeated by your enemies.
    Those who hate you shall reign over you, and you shall flee when no one pursues you.
    18 And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
    19 I will break the pride of your power; I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze.
    20 And your strength shall be spent in vain; for your land shall not yield its produce, nor shall the trees of the land yield their fruit.
    21 Then, if you walk contrary to Me, and are not willing to obey Me, I will bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins.
    22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children,
    destroy your livestock, and make you few in number; and your highways shall be desolate.
    23 And if by these things you are not reformed by Me, but walk contrary to Me,
    24 then I also will walk contrary to you, and I will punish you yet seven
    times for your sins.

25 And I will bring a sword against you that will execute the vengeance of the covenant; when you are gathered together within your cities I will send pestilence among you; and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
    26 When I have cut off your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall bring back your bread by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied.
    27 And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me,
    28 Then I also will walk contrary to you in fury; and I, even I, will chastise
    you seven times for your sins.
    You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.
    30 I will destroy your high places, cut down your incense altars, and cast your carcasses
    on the lifeless forms of your idols; and My soul shall abhor you.
    31 I will lay your cities waste and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not
    smell the fragrance of your sweet aromas.
    32 I will bring the land to desolation, and your enemies who dwell in it shall be
    astonished at it.
    33 I will scatter you among the nations and draw out a sword after you; your land
    shall be desolate and your cities waste.
    34 Then the land shall enjoy its sabbaths as long as it lies desolate and you
    are in your enemies’ land; then the land shall rest and enjoy its sabbaths.
    35 As long as it lies desolate it shall rest—for the time it did not rest on your
    sabbaths when you dwelt in it.

Leviticus 26:2 You shall keep My Sabbaths and reverence My sanctuary:
    I am the Lord.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Luke 17:
    Then He said to the disciples, The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days
    of the Son of Man, and you will not see.

23 And they will say to you, ‘Look here!’ or ‘Look there!’ Do not go after them or follow them.
    24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one under heaven shines to the other under heaven,
    so also the Son of Man will be in His day.

25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
    26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
    27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that
    Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold,
    they planted, they built;

29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and
    destroyed all.

30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.

3. bbbbbbb

bbbbbbb Well-Known Member

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    When was the last time you rested for a full year?

4. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    The Sabbath for man-seventh day.
    The Sabbath for the land-seventh year.

5. bbbbbbb

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    Nonsense. If that were the case, then the land either has never had a yearlong Sabbath or it has remained perpetually at rest since the sixth day of creation.

6. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I am not sure what you are talking about. Letting the land of Israel rest every 7th year was
    commanded,
    but disregarded beginning in the period of the kings.
    The 70 years of Babylonian captivity was based precisely on the number of Sabbaths
    the land was denied. As prophesied in Leviticus 26:34, 43

2 Chronicles 36:
    And those who escaped from the sword he carried away to Babylon, where they became
    servants to him and his sons until the rule of the kingdom of Persia,
    21 to fulfill the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah, until the land had enjoyed her
    Sabbaths. As long as she lay desolate she kept Sabbath, to fulfill seventy years.

Jeremiah 25:11 And this whole land shall be a desolation and an astonishment, and these
    nations shall serve the king of Babylon seventy years.

Daniel 2:2 In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years,
    whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy
    years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

7. bbbbbbb

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    How does the land take a Sabbath according to your understanding? Does it decide to stop working for a year and refuse to yield any crops?

8. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    In English it is called lying fallow and it is granted by the landowner. Why would you even speak
    of the land making decisions? If you do not understand the Sabbath year, you could do some
    research on your own. This is off topic. The OP post #1 presents a series of judgments from Lev. 26
    to lead the people to repentance. It is similar in nature to the blessings and curses of Deut. 28

9. bbbbbbb

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    Well, you spoke of the land observing its Sabbath and not at all about the owners of the land. The implication was that somehow the land itself was the primary operative in this Sabbath observance. Do you think mines ought to be shut down for a year in the seven-year cycle, or are they exempt, like the folks who are not directly engaged in farming?

10. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    So after asking you politely to find a comment that was on topic, you now want to stay further
    into discussing mines? There was no implications that the land was the "primary operative". If you
    are going to make such assertions, you can quote them.

11. bbbbbbb

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    Well, you corrected my error concerning the land observing the sabbath as actually meaning the owners of the land observing the seventh-year sabbath. Mine owners also own land, not to mention petroleum companies, etc. At least they own mineral rights to the land. Are these folks obligated to refrain from their extractive pursuits for a full year every seven years?

12. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    I only know of agricultural. Let me know if you find anything about petroleum companies.
    Keep in mind, we are discussing the requirements of the Law of Moses for the land of Israel.
    I only know what the scriptures speak.
    P.S. You are still way off topic. You may want to read post#1, and pay particular attention
    to the portions in bold, which assist in formulation of the topic.

13. bbbbbbb

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    I have no idea, which is why I was asking you. It would seem that someone somewhere has made these determinations. The first major determination was probably insisting on a weekly Sabbath observance for all of humanity, but limiting the seventh-year Sabbath to Israel only and, even then, not to city dwellers.

14. Minister Monardo

+1,766
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Not really a topic I intend to pursue in this thread. Best Wishes. If I get any fresh ideas on
    the subject, I will open a new thread for that specific interest. I trust you will do the same
    if you come across anything.
    Good Night from the desert SW, USA

15. bbbbbbb

+10,445
    Non-Denom
    Thanks!