Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

256064_6429f71273587ebdde5b1038d8c1ccf4.jpg

This thread has had a clean up.
The flaming needs to stop. Now.

Insulting each other will only result in negative actions for the flamer.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The pretrib rapture has the hope of a great escape from the so called great tribulation...yet Jesus clearly taught we are to endure to the end.

Paul also taught we hope through tribulation not that we escape through tribulation. There will be no "great escape rapture"...the rapture is on the LAST DAY!

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The pretrib rapture has the hope of a great escape from the so called great tribulation...yet Jesus clearly taught we are to endure to the end.

Paul also taught we hope through tribulation not that we escape through tribulation. There will be no "great escape rapture"...the rapture is on the LAST DAY!
Houston......We have a problem.
Matt 24
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

obviously you have not studied what the purpose of the rapture is if you think it is on the last day ...odd that you say "so called great tribulation" as Jesus said it will be the worst time of all in history

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

ebedmelech,

1. The last day was an Old Testament doctrine John 5;27-29; Hebrews 6:1-2 they were not to lay down those foundations when they were under the New Covenant.

2. Enoch was taken before Noah’s flood in Genesis as a type of the church.

3. 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 explains the living believers being changed from mortality to immortality as a mystery.
It was a mystery to the Old Covenant keepers.

4. The last day was Resurrection of the dead only in John 5 and Hebrews 6 and in Revelation 15:1-2 shows the last day of the dead in the First Resurrection which will be the tribulation saints who don’t take the mark.

5. Those that endure to the end Matthew 24:13 is speaking to the Jewish nation for they will be hated of all Nations v 9.
The gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The gospel of the kingdom is that Christ is coming to take over all the nations and set Israel at the head of the nations Revelation 11:15.

6. Paul did teach the rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.

7. Revelation 4:1;5:9-10;11:18; and 19:7-10 shows the raptured saints are in Heaven before to the end of the tribulation and comes out of Heaven to go to the Battle of Armageddon in Revelation 19:11-20.

8. In the case of pre, mid, or post we are to occupy until he comes.
Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul did teach the rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/pretrib_history.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Jeffrey.pdf

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

PROPHETIC DEVELOPMENTS
with particular reference to the early Brethren Movement.
F. Roy Coad (Brethren Historian) pages 10-26
http://brethrenhistory.org/qwicsitePro/php/docsview.php?docid=418

Origin of the Pretrib Rapture Doctrine
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/pretrib_history.pdf

Pretribulationist Revisionism
(Grant Jeffrey’s revision of early Church Posttrib viewpoints)
Pastor Tim Warner
http://www.answersinrevelation.org/Jeffrey.pdf

baberean2,

The last group to be raptured in Revelation before Armageddon is in Revelation 15:1-2 and they are all dead tribulation saints.
Right before that in Revelation 14:13 says Blessed are the dead that die henceforth.
There are no living believers raptured at this time with those that sing the song of Moses and the lamb.
Even they are in time with the rest of the church who are already in Heaven waiting to come out of Heaven to do battle at Armageddon Revelation 19:7-11 which is still months away.
What part of this don’t you understand? Why do you have to add something that is not in that context? Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What part of this don’t you understand?

Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

The part that claims those above are not members of the New Covenant Church, since a person cannot be under the blood of the Lamb and not be a part of the Church.

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

The part that claims those above are not members of the New Covenant Church, since a person cannot be under the blood of the Lamb and not be a part of the Church.

baberean2,

1. You obviously don’t like scriptural facts.
You seem to like to draw false conclusions by partial truths.

2. You can’t debunk what theBible shows as I have already shown you.

3. The New Covenant came in because Christ had to die for this man’s sin who were ungodly sinners and had to be justified by his blood. Romans 5:6-9.

4. Christ also died so there would’ve no difference between Jew and the Greek meaning Gentiles Roman’s 10:12.

5. He died and the veil was rent and the mystery of the church was born and manifested 7-10 years later so Jews and Gentiles could become one new man Ephesians 2:14-15;3:3-6.

6. The Jews were given the oracles of God Roman’s 3:2.
The church of Jews and Gentiles took the nation of Israel’s place of propagating the gospel because of their rejection of Christ Matthew 23:37-39.
We are to make them jealous to return to Christ Roman’s 11.11
and to bring them back into their gifts and callings Romans 11:29;25-29.

7. Matthew 24:15 shows the future time of Jacob’s trouble Daniel 12:1; Matthew 24:21 that Daniel spoke of Daniel 9:27 and that Paul showed in 2Thessalonians 2:4.

8. The church is never mentioned or implied as being on earth in the time of the tribulation.
Jews and saints are mentioned and tribulation saints but not the word church.
The church from the church age is not propagating the gospel here.
Ever since the cross people have to be saved by the Blood of Christ.

9. Revelation 7:9-10 has the great multitude which no man could number of all nations, kindness, and people and tongues stood before the throne and before the lamb clothed with white robes and palms in their hands. They cried , Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne and unto the lamb.
Verse 11 has the angels, elders, and the four beasts worship God about the multitude.
In verse 13; one of the elders answered, saying unto me (John)
What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
Verse 14; And I ( John) said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb.
John had been told to come up hither to Heaven to see things hereafter which was the church age saints.
John was part of the beginning of the church age saints and he knew the earmarks of a Christian but he didn’t know who these tribulation saints were and never cited them as the church.
John 14:2 John wrote; In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
Verse 3: And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you into myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

10. John wrote about the overcomers of the church age in Revelation 2-3.
To overcome trials and temptations so the church age would miss the Great Tribulation.
Enoch was delivered from Noah’s flood as a type of the rapture Genesis 6:21-24.
Jude 1:1; Enoch is the same one that prophesied Behold the Lord come with his saints to execute judgement on the ungodly. This is shown to be true in Revelation 19:11.

11. Revelation 7 shows John didn’t know, recognize, or acknowledge that he knew who the tribulation saints or that they were the church.

12. Because you don’t believe in the nation of Israel’s eternal earthly gifts and callings will come to pass apart from the church you don’t understand God’s program for the millennial kingdom.

13. Jesus said if the Jews didn’t praise him the rocks would cry out.
The gospel has been preached basically to all nations by preaching, literature, radio and TV and videos. When the rapture happens there will be people who will have known what has happened and who will know to get right.
You don’t realize it but your belief limits God and makes him out to be unfaithful to his eternal covenants made to his eternal people the Jews who are the apple of his eye.
Either you believe the word or you don’t and right now on this issue you don’t. Read 2 Samuel 7:13-16; 1 Chronicles 28:1-8; Isaiah 2:2-4; 9:6-7 and all through the prophets.
Why do you shun these truths and then contrive scriptures like Roman’s 2 to build up a false theory of the extreme Spiritual Jew as the church thus believing in Replacement Theology.
I know you deny this but this is the result of leaving Israel out of God’s plan for ruling the earth at the head of the nations.
John was in Heaven with the rest of the church in Revelation and knew the tribulation saints were not a part of the church age saints.
Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
5. He died and the veil was rent and the mystery of the church was born and manifested 7-10 years later so Jews and Gentiles could become one new man Ephesians 2:14-15;3:3-6.

Jerry,

The New Covenant Church began on the day of Pentecost, not 7-10 years later.

Read Acts chapter 2 where Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel" in Acts 2:36.

The Capital "C" Church as we use the word today is not found in the entire Book of Revelation. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry,

The New Covenant Church began on the day of Pentecost, not 7-10 years later.

Read Acts chapter 2 where Peter addressed the crowd as "all the house of Israel" in Acts 2:36.

The Capital "C" Church as we use the word today is not found in the entire Book of Revelation. Individual church bodies in ancient Asia Minor are found.

baberean2,

1. I never said the NC or the NCC didn’t begin on the Day of Pentecost.
I said the mystery of the church of Jews and Gentiles in one body alike came by the cross but was not manifested till 7-10 years later when Peter got the vision of the clean and unclean.
I have told you this time and time again and you still don’t understand? Give me a break!

2. They were the ones left over from Jesus ministry. That has nothing to do with the mystery of the church.

3. I said the church was not to be found in Revelation 6-19 on the earth during the tribulation!!!!!
Why? Because we are raptured.

4. I see you didn’t want to address about the rapture and Revelation 7 where John didn’t recognize the tribulation saints as the church and how could he when he was up in Heaven with the church.

5. When are you going to start being fair in exegesis? When are you going to learn to stay on the main point of the subject.
You can’t rebut what the scripture says so you ought to quit trying.
It gets old when you keep misquoting what I said.
Please try a little harder to be fair for a change. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Houston......We have a problem.
Matt 24
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Really? Read the entire context of Matthew 24 and 25. Matthew 24 deals with Israel, who were God's covenant people per Exodous 24 6-8...Matthew 25 deals with the return of Jesus to judge the world in righteousness.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
ebedmelech,

1. The last day was an Old Testament doctrine John 5;27-29; Hebrews 6:1-2 they were not to lay down those foundations when they were under the New Covenant.
This won't work...just try reading Hebrews 1:1-2
2. Enoch was taken before Noah’s flood in Genesis as a type of the church.
No one teaches that but dispensational theology. Show the apostles teaching that in their writings.
3. 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 explains the living believers being changed from mortality to immortality as a mystery.
It was a mystery to the Old Covenant keepers.
Read more carefully...the mystery is how we as believers will be changed. Paul clearly says the mystery is how quickly we will all be changed...it's based on THE END...try staying in context 1 Corinthians 15:24..."THEN COMES THE END". Paul then goes on to explain the resurrection, which is the catching away of live believers from earth AFTER believers who have died are resurrected!
4. The last day was Resurrection of the dead only in John 5 and Hebrews 6 and in Revelation 15:1-2 shows the last day of the dead in the First Resurrection which will be the tribulation saints who don’t take the mark.
Once again take all of scripture. The 1st resurrection is when you are MADE ALIVE in Christ...as Ephesians 2:1-5, Romans 6:1-7
5. Those that endure to the end Matthew 24:13 is speaking to the Jewish nation for they will be hated of all Nations v 9.
The gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
The gospel of the kingdom is that Christ is coming to take over all the nations and set Israel at the head of the nations Revelation 11:15.
Only if one discounts Matthew 25...as well as the teaching that Christ is Israel under the New Covenant as God also called Him "My Servant Israel"...Isaiah 49:3
6. Paul did teach the rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.
No. Errant teaching/ That is nothing more than a condensed version of the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15. The key is what Paul answers, which you left off Go back and read vss 13, 14.
7. Revelation 4:1;5:9-10;11:18; and 19:7-10 shows the raptured saints are in Heaven before to the end of the tribulation and comes out of Heaven to go to the Battle of Armageddon in Revelation 19:11-20.
No. You're making them that. Just read that...it is a vision John is caught up in. What he sees there is Jesus crowned with glory and honor.
8. In the case of pre, mid, or post we are to occupy until he comes.
Jerry kelso
Agreed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
obviously you have not studied what the purpose of the rapture is if you think it is on the last day ...odd that you say "so called great tribulation" as Jesus said it will be the worst time of all in history
If you think so...but I stand on what I said. There is no "pretrib rapture" it is an invented view.

Lastly the great tribulation occurred against Jerusalem, and Jerusalem has suffered nothing like it since!

Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If you think so...but I stand on what I said. There is no "pretrib rapture" it is an invented view.

Lastly the great tribulation occurred against Jerusalem, and Jerusalem has suffered nothing like it since!
It is God Himself that "invented it" ;)
You are standing on quicksand that is pulling you into muck and mire of foolishness
you can look at the past and find some tribulation periods that were harsh , but nothing close to the great tribulation that Jesus spoke about that will be the time that would destroy all flesh if Jesus himself did not return and put an end to it and save Israel from destruction
you obviously will be among the people who will be deceived by the false messiah when he comes , as you have already shown you are deceived into believing falsely now
you have no idea of why there will be a rapture and so it is easy to see that when the false messiah comes and tells you what you want to hear you will believe him
If you fall for the foolishness of the western world false teachings you will be hurting
THE HARVEST CYCLE AND THE HOLIDAYS OF PESACH, SHAVUOTH AND SUCCOTH

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This won't work...just try reading Hebrews 1:1-2

No one teaches that but dispensational theology. Show the apostles teaching that in their writings.

Read more carefully...the mystery is how we as believers will be changed. Paul clearly says the mystery is how quickly we will all be changed...it's based on THE END...try staying in context 1 Corinthians 15:24..."THEN COMES THE END". Paul then goes on to explain the resurrection, which is the catching away of live believers from earth AFTER believers who have died are resurrected!

Once again take all of scripture. The 1st resurrection is when you are MADE ALIVE in Christ...as Ephesians 2:1-5, Romans 6:1-7

Only if one discounts Matthew 25...as well as the teaching that Christ is Israel under the New Covenant as God also called Him "My Servant Israel"...Isaiah 49:3

No. Errant teaching/ That is nothing more than a condensed version of the resurrection in 1 Corinthians 15. The key is what Paul answers, which you left off Go back and read vss 13, 14.

No. You're making them that. Just read that...it is a vision John is caught up in. What he sees there is Jesus crowned with glory and honor.

Agreed.

ebemelech,

1. Hebrews 1:1-2
Jesus God’s Son did speak in John 14:2-3 In my Father’s House are many mansions... that he went to prepare for his saints. That is talking about Heaven where God resides because he knew we would be raptured.
Jesus went to Heaven after he died . Those mansions aren’t being prepared on earth.

2. Dispensational Theology In it’s correct perspective is right.
Paul was given the Dispensation of Grace.
Dispensation means stewardship and there was already grace even in the Old Testament. So don’t act like there were no different kinds of stewardship’s in the Bible.
Jesus talked about being a good stewardship.
I highly doubt you understand true dispensationalism.

3. 1 Corinthians 15:51: Behold I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
Not all sleep means there will be living believers that will be resurrected. This was not known to the Old Testament believers. They only understood the resurrection of the dead John 5:28-29; 11:23-24; 12:48.
Hebrews 6:1 speaks of leaving the law and go onto the perfection of the New Covenant and don’t lay down again the foundation of repentance from dead works, faith toward God, doctrine of baptisms, laying on Of hands and of the resurrection of the dead and of eternal judgement. That is the context of those two scriptures.
Those who misunderstand this don’t understand the mechanics of the law of Moses and its ethic compared to the New Covenant.

4. 1 Corinthians 15:13 is not talking about the Old Testament doctrine of the resurrection of the dead only.
Paul was talking to people who didn’t believe in the resurrection of the dead like the Sadduccees in Jesus Day. He said if there is no resurrection of the dead then Christ is not risen.
You must understand context and not just cherry pick a verse here or there. That is how we get wrong doctrine.

5. 1 Corinthians 15:23 with Christ the firstfruits when he first arose and took those in Abraham’s bosom to Heaven for the dead in Christ will he bring with him at the rapture 1 Thessalonians 4:15 to meet the living believers in the air. This was never taught in the Old Testament to the Jews. They understood the last day of the resurrection of the dead and that is all.

6. Those who don’t believe in the millennial kingdom usually use this scripture to prove that the end happens immediately after the second coming.
This is incorrect in the context.
Yes, it is true that the son will deliver the kingdom of God to the Father. Why? So God can be all in all v 28.
However, this only happens when the son puts down all sin and rebellion and death which is the last enemy vs. 25-26.
These vs. will happen in the millennial kingdom which is the 1000 year reign when Satan will be bound in the bottomless pit and then loosed for a season to deceive the nation’s Revelation 19:8 and God the Father destroys them with fire out of Heaven.
Death is destroyed and thrown with hell into the lake of fire v 14.
Chapter 21 officially starts the KoG all in all 1 Corinthians 15:28.

7. Nobody is denying the spiritual resurrection of the soul.

8. Matthew 25 is about the judgement of the nations at the beginning of the millennial kingdom on earth of which the Jews will be with Christ at the head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4 which is part of their earthly calling Isaiah 9:6-7.

9. John was told to come up hither in this vision to see things future.
The first scene is showing the throne room and the one who sat on the throne and the worship in the throne room of God the Father and the Son.
Chapter 5 is about finding someone worthy to open the book and loose the seals and that was the Lion of Judah, Jesus Christ of the root of David.
The participants were the Old Testament Saints and the New Testament saints represented by the 24 elders Revelation 4:4,1
10; 5:8.
Revelation 5:10 is the church age saints and the Old Testament saints after the rapture for they are the ones who will reign on the earth and they are the ones who will come out of Heaven at the end of the tribulation Revelation 19:11 to go to Armageddon vs11-20.

10. You couldn’t debunk what I said on that point and so you give the overall summation of Chiat and his glory and ignore the rest of the truth.
I am glad we agreed on the last point, but you do need to learn to be more fair in proper exegesis which you lacked on that last point and a few others. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

Riberra

Jan 8, 2014
✟90,164.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3. 1 Corinthians 15:51: Behold I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed.
Not all sleep means there will be living believers that will be resurrected. This was not known to the Old Testament believers. Jerry Kelso
If you read the whole 1 Corinthians 15 chapter attentively -----There is no mention of going to Heaven after the resurrection of the dead believers and the changing of the believers still alive ...

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If you read the whole 1 Corinthians 15 chapter attentively -----There is no mention of going to Heaven after the resurrection of the dead believers and the changing of the believers still alive ...

riberra,

1. 1 Corinthians 15 is about the death, burial, and resurrection which is the gospel vs. 1-4.
The proof of the resurrection by eyewitnesses vs. 5-11.
Paul was talking to those who didn’t believe in the Resurrection of the dead such as the Sadducees in Jesus Day.
Paul said, if there was no resurrection of the dead then Christ is not risen and everything is in vain.
There preaching was in vain, the church’s faith was in vain as they were still in their sins and they would be found as false witnesses and those who have died in Christ have perished etc. vs. 12-19.
But Christ was risen and had become the first fruits of those that had died in Christ vs. 20.
By man came death so by man came the Resurrection of the dead. The contrast of the First Adam and the second Adam who is Christ vs. 11-22.
Vs. 23 is the order of the resurrections; Christ the Firstfruits and they that are Christ’s at his coming.
This is referenced to 1 Thessalonians 4:15 when God will bring the dead in Christ from Heaven with him to meet the living believers in the sky and so shall they ever be with the Lord 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.
Christ’s at his coming is not the second coming for the First Resurrection of the dead only of tribulation saints who didn’t take the mark of the beast or the number of his name etc. are raptured to Heaven before the 7 vials Revelation 15:1-2.
The 7 vials are on the Beast Kingdom Worshippers Revelation 16:2. This is way before Armageddon.
Revelation 19:7-10 shows all the saints; which will be from Adam’s day to the tribulation saints in the First Resurrection at the Marriage of the Lamb dressed in white robes of righteousness called to the Marriage supper of the Lamb.
They come out of Heaven to go to the Battle of Armageddon.
So those that are Christ’s coming are those in the pre-trib rapture.
Going back to 1 Corinthians 15:24 is the result of vs. 28 which will be the KoG all in all which begins with the New Heaven and the New Earth Revelation 21.
But this comes by way of the millennial kingdom 1 Corinthians 15:25-27 for God must rule and reign to put all sin and rebellion and death out permanently.
Vs. 29 deals with those that belied in Baptism for the dead.
If they didn’t believe Christ died and arose what good was baptism for the dead. That makes no sense.
Vs. 30-31 answers the crux of the point of the context.
Paul said I daily was not about spiritual dying daily or dying to sin.
Paul said he died to sin once as Christ died Romans 6:9-11. Dying daily is to mortify the members of your body and recognize that you are no longer a slave to the old man for you are a new creation Colossians 3:5-11.
Dying daily was preaching the gospel despite being in jeopardy of being a martyr.
Romans 8:36; Paul said we are killed every day as sheep led to the slaughter.
2 Corinthians 4:10; Always bearing about the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.
Paul said, if there is no hope of a physical resurrection then we might as well eat, drink and be merry because there’s no tomorrow. 1 Corinthians 15:32.

2. The point of the resurrection vs. 36:58 is all about the details of the resurrection of the body and how it is changed.
Vs. 50; flesh and blood cannot inherit the KoG which is Heaven.
Vs. 51; is the mystery of the rapture of living believers and the dead. All shall not sleep which means die. So the inference is that that it is also recognizing there is the dead in Christ for they sleep.
Vs. 52; in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye at the last trump, the trumpet shall sound which is a clear reference to 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17.
The dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed. The “we” are the living believers. This a clear reference to 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17. So shall we ever be with the Lord. This doesn’t say we go to Heaven but 1 Corinthians 15 is saying that in the context of vs. 50 the destination is the KoG which is Heaven where God dwells.
The rapture of 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 doesn’t fit the description at all in the least of a post rapture and neither does Revelation 19:7-11 fit a post rapture either. Neither does the timing of the First Resurrection in Revelation 15:1-2 which is also the resurrection of the dead only and no living beliefs with them.

3. Now you can disagree but you can’t rebut it.
You can use wrong hermeneutics to prove your point, but not rebut the scriptural context I gave.
You can contrive by putting the living believers with the dead believers even though they are not mentioned or implied in Revelation 15:1-2 which is the same as Revelation 20:4-6 but you cannot rebut the truth of the scriptures, their context and harmonizing the scriptures together that I presented. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.