Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know this may seem like a silly question... But I have to ask due to all the differing opinions out there on when the rapture will take place.

First, I'd like to state that I am operating based off the assumption that the rapture of the Church occurs at the 7th trumpet blast.

Who out there shares that viewpoint, and why? I'm very interested in this. You could say that this is a mid-trib rapture idea, and where I heard about this was at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, MO.

But Personally, like most believers, I'm not sure when the rapture will happen...

Anyway, make some good arguments for me! I'd love to indulge in some critical thinking here!
Hi Everett, it is a better argument for the rapture to be before the Antichrist commits the act in 2thessalonians2:4, triggering the day of the Lord. How far before, none of us know. It could be five years before, or minutes before.

Which that act by the Antichrist, it is not possible to determine what day he will do it. But around some time 3 years 3 months into the seven years.

The seventh trumpet is not related to the rapture, as far as being a signal for it. The seventh trumpet announces the third woe.

The first two woes, John sees what those are in Revelation 9. In Revelation 12:12, John sees what the third woe is.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hi Mark,

You say the the seventh trumpet of Rev 11:15 and the last trumpet of 1 Corinthians 15:52 and 1 Thessalonians 4:16 appear to be identical.

They are not the same. All three are separate events. The trumpet of Rev 11:15 is blown by an angel. The last trump of 1 Cor 15 is blown on the Feast of Trumpets. The trump of God of 1 Thes 4 is the voice of God.
1 Cor. 15:52 says ‘that the dead are raised incorruptible’. 1 Thess. 4:16 says ‘the dead in Christ are raised first’. In Rev. 11:15 the last Trump is sounded and there are ‘loud vocies’ in heaven declaring the kingdoms of earth have become the kingdom of God and his Messiah. Now it’s sometimes informative to cross reference with the Old Testament Levitical law since the author draws heavily from Levitical imagery. Still, all three expressions sound like the same event to me, the rapture of the Church prior to the wrath of God being poured out on the kingdom of the Antichrist, Babylon and their cohorts.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Everett, it is a better argument for the rapture to be before the Antichrist commits the act in 2thessalonians2:4, triggering the day of the Lord. How far before, none of us know. It could be five years before, or minutes before.

Which that act by the Antichrist, it is not possible to determine what day he will do it. But around some time 3 years 3 months into the seven years.

The seventh trumpet is not related to the rapture, as far as being a signal for it. The seventh trumpet announces the third woe.

The first two woes, John sees what those are in Revelation 9. In Revelation 12:12, John sees what the third woe is.
Any pretrib rapture seems out considering logically what Christ says about Him still yet to come as a thief in Rev16:15 after the sixth bowl judgement. And the next thing is the beast gathering his army to Armageddon. So we have the dragon on the earth, his kingdom of the beast.

Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up
12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

16 And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Any pretrib rapture seems out considering logically what Christ says about Him still yet to come as a thief in Rev16:15 after the sixth bowl judgement. And the next thing is the beast gathering his army to Armageddon. So we have the dragon on the earth, his kingdom of the beast.

Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up
12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

15 “Behold, I am coming as a thief. Blessed is he who watches, and keeps his garments, lest he walk naked and they see his shame.”

16 And they gathered them together to the place called in Hebrew, Armageddon.
sdowny, verse 15 comes after it says they gather their armies in verse 14.

What verse 15 is also saying, in addition to Christians at that time, is why the kings of the earth gather their armies. It is not because of the rapture (which will have taken place long before).

But it is because without expectation, the cosmos parts and the world sees Jesus before the throne of God, displaying judgment has come. It terrifies the evil men of the world. It is talking about the Second Coming.

Them who become Christians after the church is gone, need to be ready for the Second Coming. That's what verse 15 is saying to Christians of that timeframe.

I am not saying that the rapture has to happen pre-70th week btw. It may....or it may not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian

What verse 15 is saying why they gather their amies. It is not because of the rapture. But it because without expectation, the cosmos parts and the world sees Jesus before the throne of God. It terrifies the evil men of the world. It is talking about the Second Coming.

Them who become Christians after the church is gone, need to be ready for the Second Coming.
But there is scripturally only the second coming. Otherwise your saying the second is actually a third coming. With the second being the secret church rapture. because Christ certainly comes again in 1 Thessalonians 4 with the dead raised up.

When He descends from Heaven with the trumpet of God it is an announcement and the second coming. This is no secret thing. The trumpet is meant to be heard, it is a powerful blast. For the battle.

All these are talking about the second coming. The pretrib position teaches 1 Thess 4 is not the second coming, which makes no logical sense at all.
This trumpet is the LAST trumpet with the dead raised incorruptible. 1 Cor 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4, are the same event.

Matthew 24:31
And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Corinthians 14:8
For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle?

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

• Agree
Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But there is scripturally only the second coming. Otherwise your saying the second is actually a third coming. With the second being the secret church rapture. because Christ certainly comes again in 1 Thessalonians 4 with the dead raised up.
The Second Coming is an event. The sign of the Son of Man in heaven is part of that event. As described in the sixth seal.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

After the world sees the sign of the Son of man in heaven, the kings of the earth decide to make war on Jesus, and assemble their armies at Armageddon. They come down surround Jerusalem and take the city as hostage hoping that will keep Jesus from executing judgement on them, in Zechariah 14.

That tactic will not work, nor will their vain effort to make war on Jesus.

Jesus descends to earth in great glory and power, as it says in verse 30, and executes judgment on the armies gathered to make war on him, Revelation 19:21.

The rapture is completely different from the Second Coming event.

The gathering of the elect, in Matthew 24:31, is the gathering of the Jews back to the land of Israel. Corresponds to Ezekiel 39:27-28. In fact, if you go to Ezekiel 39, the seven years following Gog/Magog in that chapter are the seven year of Daniel 9:27.

The Armageddon feast is in Ezekiel 39:17-20. And it is Jesus speaking in the remainder of the chapter verses 21-29.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I know this may seem like a silly question... But I have to ask due to all the differing opinions out there on when the rapture will take place.

First, I'd like to state that I am operating based off the assumption that the rapture of the Church occurs at the 7th trumpet blast.

Who out there shares that viewpoint, and why? I'm very interested in this. You could say that this is a mid-trib rapture idea, and where I heard about this was at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City, MO.

But Personally, like most believers, I'm not sure when the rapture will happen...

Anyway, make some good arguments for me! I'd love to indulge in some critical thinking here!

The rapture is not an idea found in Scripture and certainly not in the book of Revelation.

Upvote 0

Andrew Jeremiah

Biblical Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2018
TExas
✟28,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Sorry to disappoint but there will be no rapture.

When Christ comes He comes - no pre- or mid- He comes at once and immediately - just the same way He departed:

Acts 1:11 (KJV)
11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
See that..."In like manner" as you seen Him go...

Not ascend, stay three and one half years in the sky, then finally go away. The rapture says exactly that. Now tell me...is that the way He left?

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The Second Coming is an event. The sign of the Son of Man in heaven is part of that event. As described in the sixth seal.

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

After the world sees the sign of the Son of man in heaven, the kings of the earth decide to make war on Jesus, and assemble their armies at Armageddon. They come down surround Jerusalem and take the city as hostage hoping that will keep Jesus from executing judgement on them, in Zechariah 14.

That tactic will not work, nor will their vain effort to make war on Jesus.

Jesus descends to earth in great glory and power, as it says in verse 30, and executes judgment on the armies gathered to make war on him, Revelation 19:21.

The rapture is completely different from the Second Coming event.

The gathering of the elect, in Matthew 24:31, is the gathering of the Jews back to the land of Israel. Corresponds to Ezekiel 39:27-28. In fact, if you go to Ezekiel 39, the seven years following Gog/Magog in that chapter are the seven year of Daniel 9:27.

The Armageddon feast is in Ezekiel 39:17-20. And it is Jesus speaking in the remainder of the chapter verses 21-29.

You have made this way to complex.
Did all tribes of the earth mourn? No, not yet.
v30 all the earth will see Christ returning for His church. Rapture and second coming all together one event.
v30 is the same as every eye shall see Him,
Revelation 1:7
Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

The fact that even they who pierced Him, means even those in Hell will see the return of Christ. Even uses the same wording, as of course this is describing the second coming.
Read Matthew 24 with its related verses and you will see it CAN NOT be Israel gathered.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

When He descends from Heaven with the trumpet of God it is an announcement and the second coming. This is no secret thing. The trumpet is meant to be heard, it is a powerful blast. For the battle.

All these are talking about the second coming. The pretrib position teaches 1 Thess 4 is not the second coming, which makes no logical sense at all.
This trumpet is the LAST trumpet with the dead raised incorruptible. 1 Cor 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4, are the same event.

Matthew 24:31
And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

1 Corinthians 14:8
For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle?

1 Corinthians 15:52
in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

With reference to the OP: The Last trump of God, is referred to mbe Pul, in 1 Cor.15:52. It is not the same thing as the 7th trump by an angel in Rev.11:15. The rapture of the Church will take place BEFORE he tribulation begins, according to the following Scripturl facts:

The Biblical teaching of the pre-trib rapture of the Church

Mt.24:31:

And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His ELECT from the four winds [Israel - on earth], from one end of the heavens to the other [The Church Jesus will rapture before the seven year tribulation begins]. How did those ELECT get into heaven? Read on to find out.

Lk.21:36:
"Watch ye, therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Jn.14:2-4 and 28:
"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you [See Jn.20:17]. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." [Jn.14:2-4].

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." [Jn.14:28].

The Scriptures tell us where we all go, who belong to Christ, after the death of our bodies:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." As recorded in 2 Cor.5:8, confirming Ecc.12:7. Which is, in and of itself, conclusive to the fact that Jesus is not going to let the rest of His Church remain on earth to go through the seven year tribulation, when He returns for those of us who are still alive, waiting for His appearing, in 1 Thes.4:17. Since He raises all those who have died, to be with Him, immediately after their physical death, for more than 2,000 years.

1 Thes.4:13-18:
The Thessalonians were very concerned about those among them who had died, that they would not be gathered together with the rest of them when Jesus returned. Paul assures them in vs 13-14 that they will all be returning with Christ from heaven, where they have been since He raised them up to be with Him, the day they died physically, according to 2 Cor.5:6-8.

"We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him [Died physically]. Vs 14.

"According to the Lord's own word [Scriptural truth as to the fact that Jesus taught there was to be a pre-trib rapture of the Church, as recorded in Jn.14:2-4 and 28], we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left to the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep." Vs 15. An assurance by Paul to the Thessalonians that the dead in Christ had already been raised from the dead before, and were already with Christ when He returns for all those left on earth alive at His coming.

Because they have already been raised, each in his/her own turn, according to 1 Cor.15:23. That is the very reason it is not documented as a resurrection in the Scriptures.

"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven [With all His saints [Church], according to vs 14], with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" [Paul again assures them, as seen in verses 13-14, they were already previously raised once before, each in his/her own turn, as they died, for more than 2,000 years]. Vs 16.

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be CAUGHT UP [raptured] together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the sky. And so we will be with the Lord forever." Vs 17. Where we proceed with Jesus to our Father in heaven as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28.

"Therefore encourage each other with these words." Vs 18.

2 Thess.2:1-8: The precise timing of the rapture of the Church:
"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the Day of the Lord [The 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation of Dan.9:27] has already come." 2 Thes.2:1-2. Which is a direct reference to 1 Thes.4:17 and the theme of Paul's entire pre-trib rapture message in 2 Thes.2:1-8. When we will be CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. [Parenthetics mine].

The "Day of the Lord" Paul refers to in vs 2, alludes to Dan.9:27, when God will intervene into the affairs of man for the last time, culminating in the second coming of Jesus to the earth. In that passage of Scripture, the Day of the Lord is triggered by the "he" who "confirms a covenant [An agreement] for one Week" [The Day of the Lord/ 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation], who is the antichrist. The second, and same "he," who stops Israel from the offerings and sacrificing in the temple of God, and the third, and same "he," who breaks his covenant in the middle of the Week [After 3.5 of the 7 year total], and sets up the abomination of desolation Jesus referred to in Mt.24:15, in His Olivet Discourse, about the sign of His second coming, and of the end of the age.

In vs 3: "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that Day [The Day of the Lord, the 70th and final Week, the seven year tribulation] will not come, until the "apostasia" [Greek term in which the original translation was "to depart," or "departure," meaning, the rapture of the Church] occurs and the man of lawlessness [The antichrist, and all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27] is revealed [Who triggers the Day of the Lord/ the 70th and final Week/ the seven year tribulation], the man doomed to destruction." Which reveals the "apostasia" [Departure] will take place before the antichrist is revealed, who triggers the 70th Week/seven year tribulation. Confirmed in verses 7 and 8 below.

Translation History of apostasia and discessio: By Thomas Ice, PhD.
The first seven English translations of apostasia all rendered the noun as either " departure" or " departing." They are as follows: Wycliffe Bible (1384); Tyndale Bible (1526); Coverdale Bible (1535); Cranmer Bible (1539); Breeches Bible (1576); Beza Bible (1583); Geneva Bible (1608) . This supports the notion that the word truly means " departure." In fact, Jerome' s Latin translation known as the Vulgate from around the time of 325 A.D. renders apostasia with the " word discessio, meaning ' departure.' Why was the King James Version the first to depart from the established translation of "departure" in 1611 A.D.? [It is more than likely due to overzealous RCC scribes who altered the original wording of vs 3. to accommodate their teachings of Amillenialism, which rejects both the pre-trib rapture of the Church as well as Jesus Millennial reign her on earth].

Theodore Beza, the Swiss reformer was the first to transliterate apostasia and create a new word, rather than translate it as others had done. The translators of the King James Version were the first to introduce the new rendering of apostasia as " falling away." Most English translators have followed the KJV and Beza in departing from translating apostasia as " departure." No reason was ever given.

"He [The antichrist] will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." Vs 4. [The abomination of desolation, confirming Dan.9:27 and Mt.24:15]. See also 2 Thes.2:4.

The rapture of the Church and verse 3 confirmed:
In vs 7: "For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so until he [The saints - Church] is taken out of the way."

The "he" who will be taken out of the way, is the one body of Christ, who bear the Holy Spirit within each of us [Eph.1:13-14], the Church of Jesus Christ. The very same as those who will participate in the "apostasia," the "departure," [the rapture] of the Church, in vs 3. Immediately following that:

In vs 8: "And then the lawless one [The antichrist] will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of His mouth and destroy by the splendor of His coming." Vs 8. [See Rev.19:17-21].

The antichrist is found in all three of the "he's" in Dan. 9:27, confirmed by Jesus in Mt.24:15; Mk.13:14 and by Paul, in 2 Thes.2:3, 4 and 8.

From the above Scriptural facts, there can be only one proper interpretation for the timing of the rapture of the Church, which will be immediately preceding the 70th and final/7 year tribulation, triggered by the antichrist, all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27. Seen also as the first of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, riding the white horse, in the first of the seven seals, in Rev.6:2. There is no "pre-wrath" or post-trib rapture taught in the Scriptures.

Other verses pertaining to the rapture of the Church: 1 Thes.1:10; 1 Thes.5:9; Rev.3:10 and Rev.4:1-2. Of the saints [Church] returning with Christ from their marriage in heaven, in Rev.19:7, 8 and 14; Jude 14 and Zech.14:4-5!

The difference between the Second Coming of Christ and the pre-trib rapture of the Church:

http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice...eenTheRapt.pdf

Quasar

What verse 15 is also saying, in addition to Christians at that time, is why the kings of the earth gather their armies. It is not because of the rapture (which will have taken place long before).

But it is because without expectation, the cosmos parts and the world sees Jesus before the throne of God, displaying judgment has come. It terrifies the evil men of the world. It is talking about the Second Coming.

Them who become Christians after the church is gone, need to be ready for the Second Coming. That's what verse 15 is saying to Christians of that timeframe.

I am not saying that the rapture has to happen pre-70th week btw. It may....or it may not.

With reference to the OP:
The Last trump referred to in 1 Cor.15:52, is by God, while the 7th trump of Rev.11:15 is by an angel. Obviously not the same event. The rapture of the Church will take place before the tribulation begins, according to the Scriptures below:

The Biblical teaching of the pre-trib rapture of the Church

Mt.24:31:
And He will send His angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather His ELECT from the four winds [Israel - on earth], from one end of the heavens to the other [The Church Jesus will rapture before the seven year tribulation begins]. How did those ELECT get into heaven? Read on to find out.

Lk.21:36:
"Watch ye, therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Jn.14:2-4 and 28:
"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you [See Jn.20:17]. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." [Jn.14:2-4].

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." [Jn.14:28].

The Scriptures tell us where we all go, who belong to Christ, after the death of our bodies:
"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." As recorded in 2 Cor.5:8, confirming Ecc.12:7. Which is, in and of itself, conclusive to the fact that Jesus is not going to let the rest of His Church remain on earth to go through the seven year tribulation, when He returns for those of us who are still alive, waiting for His appearing, in 1 Thes.4:17. Since He raises all those who have died, to be with Him, immediately after their physical death, for more than 2,000 years.

1 Thes.4:13-18:
The Thessalonians were very concerned about those among them who had died, that they would not be gathered together with the rest of them when Jesus returned. Paul assures them in vs 13-14 that they will all be returning with Christ from heaven, where they have been since He raised them up to be with Him, the day they died physically, according to 2 Cor.5:6-8.

"We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him [Died physically]. Vs 14.

"According to the Lord's own word [Scriptural truth as to the fact that Jesus taught there was to be a pre-trib rapture of the Church, as recorded in Jn.14:2-4 and 28], we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left to the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep." Vs 15. An assurance by Paul to the Thessalonians that the dead in Christ had already been raised from the dead before, and were already with Christ when He returns for all those left on earth alive at His coming.

Because they have already been raised, each in his/her own turn, according to 1 Cor.15:23. That is the very reason it is not documented as a resurrection in the Scriptures.

"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven [With all His saints [Church], according to vs 14], with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" [Paul again assures them, as seen in verses 13-14, they were already previously raised once before, each in his/her own turn, as they died, for more than 2,000 years]. Vs 16.

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be CAUGHT UP [raptured] together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the sky. And so we will be with the Lord forever." Vs 17. Where we proceed with Jesus to our Father in heaven as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28.

"Therefore encourage each other with these words." Vs 18.

"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him, we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the Day of the Lord [The 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation of Dan.9:27] has already come." 2 Thes.2:1-2. Which is a direct reference to 1 Thes.4:17 and the theme of Paul's entire pre-trib rapture message in 2 Thes.2:1-8. When we will be CAUGHT UP TOGETHER WITH THEM IN THE CLOUDS TO MEET THE LORD IN THE AIR. [Parenthetics mine].

The "Day of the Lord" Paul refers to in verse 2, alludes to Dan.9:27, when God will intervene into the affairs of man for the last time, culminating in the second coming of Jesus to the earth. In that passage of Scripture, the Day of the Lord is triggered by the "he" who "confirms a covenant [A binding agreement] for one Week" [The Day of the Lord/ 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation all three of which, are the same event], who is the Antichrist. The second, and same "he," who stops Israel from the offerings and sacrificing in the temple of God, and the third, and same "he," who breaks his covenant in the middle of the Week [After 3.5 of the 7 year total], and sets up the abomination of desolation Jesus referred to in Mt.24:15, in His Olivet Discourse, about the sign of His second coming, and of the end of the age.

In verse 3: "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that Day [The Day of the Lord, the 70th and final Week, the seven year tribulation] will not come, until the "apostasia" [Greek term in which the original translation was "to depart," or "departure," meaning, the rapture of the Church] occurs and the man of lawlessness [The antichrist, and all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27] is revealed [Who triggers the Day of the Lord/ the 70th and final Week/ the seven year tribulation], the man doomed to destruction." Which reveals the "apostasia" [Departure] will take place before the antichrist is revealed, who triggers the 70th Week/seven year tribulation. Confirmed in verses 7 and 8 below.

Translation History of apostasia and discessio: By Thomas Ice, PhD.
The first seven English translations of apostasia all rendered the noun as either " departure" or " departing." They are as follows: Wycliffe Bible (1384); Tyndale Bible (1526); Coverdale Bible (1535); Cranmer Bible (1539); Breeches Bible (1576); Beza Bible (1583); Geneva Bible (1608) . This supports the notion that the word truly means " departure." In fact, Jerome' s Latin translation known as the Vulgate from around the time of 325 A.D. renders apostasia with the " word discessio, meaning ' departure.' Why was the King James Version the first to depart from the established translation of "departure" in 1611 A.D.? [It is more than likely due to overzealous RCC scribes who altered the original wording of vs 3. to accommodate their teachings of Amillenialism, which rejects both the pre-trib rapture of the Church as well as Jesus Millennial reign her on earth].

Theodore Beza, the Swiss reformer was the first to transliterate apostasia and create a new word, rather than translate it as others had done. The translators of the King James Version were the first to introduce the new rendering of apostasia as " falling away." Most English translators have followed the KJV and Beza in departing from translating apostasia as " departure." No reason was ever given.

"He [The Antichrist] will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." Verse 4. [The abomination of desolation, confirming Dan.9:27 and Mt.24:15]. See also 2 Thes.2:4.

The rapture of the Church and verse 3 confirmed:
In verse 7:
"For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so until he [The saints - Church] is taken out of the way."

The "he" who will be taken out of the way, is the one body of Christ, who bear the Holy Spirit within each of us [Eph.1:13-14], the Church of Jesus Christ. The very same as those who will participate in the "apostasia," the "departure," [the rapture] of the Church, in vs 3. Immediately following that:

In verse 8: "And then the lawless one [The antichrist] will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of His mouth and destroy by the splendor of His coming." Vs 8. [See Rev.19:17-21].

The antichrist is found in all three of the "he's" in Dan. 9:27, confirmed by Jesus in Mt.24:15; Mk.13:14 and by Paul, in 2 Thes.2:3, 4 and 8.

From the above Scriptural facts, there can be only one proper interpretation for the timing of the rapture of the Church, which will be immediately preceding the 70th and final/7 year tribulation, triggered by the antichrist, all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27. Seen also as the first of the four horsemen of the apocalypse, riding the white horse, in the first of the seven seals, in Rev.6:2. There is no "pre-wrath" or post-trib rapture taught in the Scriptures.

Other verses pertaining to the rapture of the Church: 1 Thes.1:10; 1 Thes.5:9; Rev.3:10 and Rev.4:1-2. Of the saints [Church] returning with Christ from their marriage in heaven, in Rev.19:7, 8 and 14; Jude 14 and Zech.14:4-5!

The difference between the Second Coming of Christ and the pre-trib rapture of the Church:

http://www.pre-trib.org/data/pdf/Ice...eenTheRapt.pdf

Quasar92

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
v30 all the earth will see Christ returning for His church. Rapture and second coming all together one event.
v30 is the same as every eye shall see Him,
Revelation 1:7
Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.
The timing of the rapture to take place at the Second Coming negates Luke 21:34-36.

34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
While the rapture may take place pre-70th week. It doesn't have to.

2thessalonians2:4 act of the Antichrist revealing himself as the man of sin by going into the temple and sitting, does not take place until around 3 years 3 months into the 7 years.

The 2thessalonians2:4 act triggers the Day of the Lord.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the full wrath of God happens in the second half of the tribulation period, with the church celebrating in heaven. I've never relished wrangling with Dispensationalism and Covenant theology over this, but I have heard my view described as a prewrath rapture. It sure sounds about right to me.

The time of the judgment of the dead is found right after the 7th trumpet in Revelation 11:18.
That would be the end.

The Book of Revelation is not in chronological order.

Upvote 0

Choose Wisely

Forgiven
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2011
Texas
✟106,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The time of the judgment of the dead is found right after the 7th trumpet in Revelation 11:18.
That would be the end.

Good.........the book of Revelation is not in chronological order. That's two things we can agree on.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah but this is three and a half years before Armageddon, the vials haven't been poured out yet.

It's the same day as Armageddon. And all the vials are poured once the 7th trump is finished.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The "Rapturo"

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

That's the resurrection not the rapture/rapturo. Rapture (harpazo in the Greek) is found here:

1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Regarding the 1Thes verses. So you think that only 1 Thes 4:17 is about the rapture?

Other verses describe the same event but this verse is the only one to use the word rapture, harpazo which is the Greek word for rapture.

My question is then, who are those who are alive and caught up........ meeting in the clouds? Did Jesus bring anyone with Him when he came.....such as the dead in Christ?

Yes they came with him.

They do rise first. Do you think they rise first and split second later those that are alive are caught. Perhaps the dead in Christ rise first and then "them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him".

In summary.....those who are alive and caught meet the dead in Christ whom Jesus brought with him in the clouds.

Correct.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2018
Tulsa
✟18,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That would be the end.

What are your thoughts on the bowls of God's wrath? If they do not follow in order after the trumpets, do they take place before or at the same time as the trumpets? What about the seals?

I acknowledge that the announcement of the judgement of the dead is found there in 11:18, but isn't that what the trumpets are for... to announce? (Like a royal procession)
I do believe the Day of the Lord begins as soon as they announce the time, then---
  1. Jesus' entry to the earth
  2. a cycle of wrath that is to happen to the AC worshippers,
  3. Wrath that is to happen to earth

Just because the angels announce what is coming next doesn't mean it's the end. And just because He judges the dead doesn't mean its the even the end yet either! At least logically speaking... Judge them, then punish them... Maybe it depends on how we define the word Judge, but I would say that it would be the end when God's wrath on the whole earth is finally finished. (Of course for us the in-Christ it's been finished for a while now)

And we know what happens once his wrath is finished. :) I can imagine how excited the angels are to move into their new home with us!

• Agree
Reactions: mark kennedy
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That would be the end.

I see no indication that the order of Revelations not being in chronological order. As a matter of fact seals at the beginning, trumpets in the middle and vials at the end fits the narrative perfectly.

The seventh trumpet is not the judgment of the dead is not in this passage:

The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth." (Rev. 11:18)
The first resurrection is the Church, the resurrection of the rest of the world doesn't happen until after the millennial kingdom.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I see no indication that the order of Revelations not being in chronological order. As a matter of fact seals at the beginning, trumpets in the middle and vials at the end fits the narrative perfectly.

The seventh trumpet is not the judgment of the dead is not in this passage:

The nations were angry, and your wrath has come. The time has come for judging the dead, and for rewarding your servants the prophets and your people who revere your name, both great and small-- and for destroying those who destroy the earth." (Rev. 11:18)
The first resurrection is the Church, the resurrection of the rest of the world doesn't happen until after the millennial kingdom.

Christ returns "as a thief" at Armageddon in Revelation 16:15-16, and also in chapter 19.
Therefore, how can the book be in chronological order?

Paul said that Christ judges both the living and the dead at His return.

2Ti 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:

What does the text of Revelation 11:18 say?

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.