Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
One of the arguments in favor of women having the vote is that we would bring more compassion to the nation. That didn't exactly pan out. The truth is that women who voted generally tended to vote how their husbands advised.

At least for a long time. That is no longer the case. Women now have our own minds. And we do approach things differently. We DO tend to vote for social issues more often, so we ARE more compassionate. And I dare say we are better judges of character -- 7 out of 10 women have unfavorable opinions of Donald Trump.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a woman, and I rescinded my voter registration. One of the best choices I ever made.

Thanks for speaking up. If you would like to share your reasoning behind that decision, I think it would be helpful to the discussion, and I personally would love to hear more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How has society changed since women in the US, have been voting in elections? Has this been good for the country, families, children, and most of all, women?

How has women voting in the US changed things? Was it for better or for worse?
Its made it worse, but that goes for Men too. Woman are not the problem, politics ae the problem.

We are stuck in vicious circle. We vote in one political side and then the other. Our political system is bipolar. We need a "physician".

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
How has society changed since women in the US, have been voting in elections? Has this been good for the country, families, children, and most of all, women?

1. Yes it has. Do you want a more deep explanation? And what exactly are you asking with the question if you want a answer.
2. Mixed. Because of the answer of #1 it is related to, but does not outright correlate with it. Women voting is not what has caused the major changes in the country, but allowed them to have a voice.
3a. Other than that more people can vote? No, not really.
3b. It was for the better, because the government shouldn't be restricting freedoms to all but a select few.

On that note.. are there women in the electoral college? Because that is the only vote that truly matters.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
From what I heard, women's vote was a key factor in Prohibition laws. Drunken husbands of course have always been a critical concern for women, especially in ages where marriage was something that more defined a woman's role in society.
The results of Prohibition were mixed. It probably did lead to less domestic violence, according to some reports. It also led to criminal gangs becoming fabulously rich and powerful, and that state of affairs lasted until RICO laws and the rise of illegal drugs as the mainstay economic interest of gang funding.

Women have been instrumental in passing abortion laws, which have resulted in a third of all pregnancies ending in legal abortion. And now, as marriages no longer offer any semblance of economic stability to vast swaths of women, young single women especially are a key factor in the rise of vast government spending programs, or at least the election of governments that promise as much.
Off the top of my head, I would say that these kinds of things have been some of the major changes that women voting have brought into the body politic.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How has society changed since women in the US, have been voting in elections?
Ah...too much to write here.
Has this been good for the country, families, children, and most of all, women?
Yes
How has women voting in the US changed things?
Voting has given women power, which scares a lot of men, but has created a country where women can take care of themselves, on their own. This means that their fathers can be relieved of caring for them and free of the worry that when they die their daughters won't be living in poverty. The old maid is no longer the old maid but the self sufficient woman.

If a woman becomes a widow through war, illness, or accident the same reasoning as above. She can take care of herself and her children too.
Was it for better or for worse?
The Better.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

Society has gotten better with women voting. Period.

What is your opinion?

Upvote 0