W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How has society changed since women in the US, have been voting in elections? Has this been good for the country, families, children, and most of all, women?

How has women voting in the US changed things? Was it for better or for worse?

You just don't get it. Cant serve two masters.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
You just don't get it. Cant serve two masters.
I agree in matters of voting that that can apply. But what of the Christians that are in office?
And what would we learn from 1John 2:15-16 when considering what pride there is in serving in office?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I agree in matters of voting that that can apply. But what of the Christians that are in office?
And what would we learn from 1John 2:15-16 when considering what pride there is in serving in office?

Its my opinion that politics are just a distraction from the kingdom of Christ and will not help us to be renewed in our minds as the scriptures teach us. Be not conformed to the world but renewed in your thinking.

I believe politics, even so called Christian leaders, are just following a big lie. That's my opinion after many years of following politics. I gave it up and feel much better now. Less contention, less worry, less division, less deception.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How has society changed since women in the US, have been voting in elections? Has this been good for the country, families, children, and most of all, women?

Each citizen should have a chance to vote, because it is OUR country. Genders don't make it better or worse, or change anything really.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Each citizen should have a chance to vote, because it is OUR country. Genders don't make it better or worse, or change anything really.

Thanks for your opinion, but what about the OP? Would you like to interact with one or more of its questions?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How has society changed since women in the US, have been voting in elections?

Society always changes - it has since time began. Since the time we received the vote we are viewed as more equal as human beings, and government will also include our needs, viewpoints, etc in laws.

Has this been good for the country, families, children, and most of all, women?

Since everyone is able to contribute aspects that may not otherwise be viewed as necessary? I'm speaking since the time we have received the vote - yes, it has been good. Keeping in mind the fact that NOTHING is 100% GOOD here.

Overall since the beginning of the woman's vote YES, because you need input for all people - not just one gender, race, etc. Change always has good and bad aspects.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It does, and I see many which have come from feminism, especially from the point which women began to vote in great numbers.

When the women's vote was legalized there was a huge stigma around them actually doing so. Many stayed away due to that stigma. I'm not sure what prompted women to finally comfortable enough to cast their vote, but I do believe the ending of the stigma was a good thing. Women have diverse views just as males do.

It has been noted during this current campaign - something that I didn't realize prior - that black women vote more than males do. Hopefully one day it will be more even in that aspect. Male voices need to be heard just as much as women.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its my opinion that politics are just a distraction from the kingdom of Christ and will not help us to be renewed in our minds as the scriptures teach us. Be not conformed to the world but renewed in your thinking.

I believe politics, even so called Christian leaders, are just following a big lie. That's my opinion after many years of following politics. I gave it up and feel much better now. Less contention, less worry, less division, less deception.
I'm kind of curious why you'd spend time on a forum about something you think Christians shouldn't be involved in? Seems a little...pointless. :sorry:
tulc(doesn't have a problem with anyone participating in this forum, is honestly just curious) :wave:

Reactions: HannahT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat

Is this going to turn into another anti-woman, anti-feminism rant? Why should women (51% of the population) be denied a constitutional right?

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this going to turn into another anti-woman, anti-feminism rant? Why should women (51% of the population) be denied a constitutional right?
I suspect it's because of things like this:
http://redalertpolitics.com/2016/03/25/poll-70-american-women-dont-like-donald-trump/
A March NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll showed almost half (47 percent) of Republican female primary voters said they would not vote for Trump, and a whopping 70 percent of women voters overall have a negative view of him. A Fox News poll this week also had almost identical results.
tulc(Republicans: the Party of disenfranchising) :wave:

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I have never entertained the very notion of voting for Drumpf. Maybe if he was less of a sexist pig and actually had something to say I'd possibly entertain the notion...but...umm...nope. I'm a female Latina.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have never entertained the very notion of voting for Drumpf. Maybe if he was less of a sexist pig and actually had something to say I'd possibly entertain the notion...but...umm...nope. I'm a female Latina.

lol where as I have never entertained voting for either. She is just part the 1%, elite political group that never has a grasp on the real world for the average human in the USA. She is a liar, and panders way to much.

lol and I'm just an old (mutt - to many nationalities to list) woman that can't relate to either.

The feminist rant junk? Seriously...its getting old, and shows a lack of reality for most - male or female. Giving the original poster benefit of the doubt? It is provocative as far as getting the juices flowing for a thread! :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
She is just part the 1%, elite political group that never has a grasp on the real world for the average human in the USA.

I would love to see someone ask BOTH candidates what the cost of a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread and a pound of hamburger is at the local grocery store. It would demonstrate how out of touch ALL these candidates are.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm kind of curious why you'd spend time on a forum about something you think Christians shouldn't be involved in? Seems a little...pointless. :sorry:
tulc(doesn't have a problem with anyone participating in this forum, is honestly just curious) :wave:

Thumbs up here! Why come to a forum devoted to politics if you don't feel people of the faith should participate in it?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would love to see someone ask BOTH candidates what the cost of a gallon of milk, a loaf of bread and a pound of hamburger is at the local grocery store. It would demonstrate how out of touch ALL these candidates are.

Being that I'm in a smarty pants mood here?

I doubt Bill or Chelsea could answer that question either. Now the Trumps? lol they could answer that if you needed BULK Pricing! (insert smilie with big cheesy grin)

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd also like them to tell me the three most inexpensive grocery stores, which one has a better meat selection, which has the best bulk foods and organic foods selections. What's the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in an area (where they're campaigning), how many hours someone would have to work at minimum wage to afford rent, utilities (gas and electric only), transportation costs and medical.

Number of right answers...ZERO

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd also like them to tell me the three most inexpensive grocery stores, which one has a better meat selection, which has the best bulk foods and organic foods selections. What's the average rent for a 2 bedroom apartment in an area (where they're campaigning), how many hours someone would have to work at minimum wage to afford rent, utilities (gas and electric only), transportation costs and medical.

Number of right answers...ZERO

I suspect that Senator Sanders would have been able to answer most if your questions, but certainly not Hillary or Trump.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0