Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Bill O'Reilly said it right. But no one wants to hear it. They want the white man to change everything so the black man can keep doing what they are doing and it will be good in the eyes of the world. So sad. They need to man up and take ownership of their own problems. So sad.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Bill O'Reilly said it right. But no one wants to hear it. They want the white man to change everything so the black man can keep doing what they are doing and it will be good in the eyes of the world. So sad. They need to man up and take ownership of their own problems. So sad.

It is tragic.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
I give very little credibility to what anyone associated with Fox News says. I remember a while back that they showed a clip of Kathleen Sebelius giving "projected numbers" of individuals who may sign up for Obama-care, and the Fox News anchors just totally twisted it around and made the claim that she was stating 'actual numbers' of those who have signed up for Obama-care.
Regardless of whether one is liberal or conservative, individuals should avoid those news outlets when they start resorting to this kind of nonsense to support their arguments/claims for their targeted audience. Hardly anyone reports the actual news anymore, but instead reports their slant on it.

When it comes to guns & violence, people in general do not want to acknowledge the problem, much less do anything about it. It is ubiquitous in the news, music, and entertainment industries. Sure, violence has always been a part of history, but nothing like what we are seeing now. Basically the world is strangling itself to near death with its own filth.

Stricter gun laws will only affect the law-abiding citizens. The idea of stronger gun laws preventing someone who does NOT abide by the law from acquiring a gun unlawfully is... DUMB? The only purpose I see for all of this noise regarding stronger gun laws is to make it look like some of the politicians are "accomplishing" something. No sooner some crisis happens and sure enough the opportunists come popping out of the political woodwork proclaiming we need to pass more or stricter laws.

Upvote 0

Colada

Jul 25, 2016
The Keystone State
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

Black people want to be treated with dignity and respect. I don't believe they want to "keep doing what they are doing" and Bill O'Reilly certainly doesn't offer any evidence for his arguments. That said, I actually don't disagree with everything he says in that video. Black leadership is lacking and the traditional civil rights leaders of the black community haven't been effective for decades. However, it is inaccurate to argue that the problems in the black community are not mostly the result of racism that has historically existed and persists today. Black leaders certainly need to step up and do more for those they claim to represent. But to use that as a shield to protect white Americans from any responsibility is not backed up by an evidence, at least not in that video.

Also, as a general rule, I wouldn't look toward Bill O'Reilly as an authority on the issues of the black community.:scratch:

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Black people want to be treated with dignity and respect. I don't believe they want to "keep doing what they are doing" and Bill O'Reilly certainly doesn't offer any evidence for his arguments. That said, I actually don't disagree with everything he says in that video. Black leadership is lacking and the traditional civil rights leaders of the black community haven't been effective for decades. However, it is inaccurate to argue that the problems in the black community are not mostly the result of racism that has historically existed and persists today. Black leaders certainly need to step up and do more for those they claim to represent. But to use that as a shield to protect white Americans from any responsibility is not backed up by an evidence, at least not in that video.

Also, as a general rule, I wouldn't look toward Bill O'Reilly as an authority on the issues of the black community.:scratch:

How do you explain the fact that other races have thrived in spite of racism? Look at what the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, and Jewish have been through, yet they have done disproportionally well, by any metric.

Upvote 0

Colada

Jul 25, 2016
The Keystone State
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
How do you explain the fact that other races have thrived in spite of racism? Look at what the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, and Jewish have been through, yet they have done disproportionally well, by any metric.

Those groups have entirely different histories and certainly had to overcome a lot to get where they are today. Is racism okay as long as the group overcomes it? I would still say we need to be working on the racist attitudes against those groups regardless of their perceived success. African Americans also have a very unique history brought on by how culturally ingrained slavery was in the South and the myriad of arguments that were created to justify that oppression. Those groups were immigrants, and they largely followed a similar pattern of immigration. That's not true in the case of African Americans.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Those groups have entirely different histories and certainly had to overcome a lot to get where they are today. Is racism okay as long as the group overcomes it? I would still say we need to be working on the racist attitudes against those groups regardless of their perceived success. African Americans also have a very unique history brought on by how culturally ingrained slavery was in the South and the myriad of arguments that were created to justify that oppression. Those groups were immigrants, and they largely followed a similar pattern of immigration. That's not true in the case of African Americans.

So, do recommend that blacks do nothing until there isn't a shred of racism left in the world? Also, what should whites do about the racism they face?

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Colada

Jul 25, 2016
The Keystone State
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So, do recommend that blacks do nothing until there isn't a shred of racism left in the world? Also, what should whites do about the racism they face?

I acknowledged that the African American community isn't doing enough to help themselves. That can be true at the same time that it is true they face systemic racism. I am recommending that we worry about both problems and that whites should, perhaps, be focused a little more on the latter and let African Americans concern themselves with their poor leadership. Bill O'Reilly, by my understanding of that video, is minimizing systemic racism to absolve whites from having to fix institutions that close doors to blacks.

What should whites do about the racism they face? I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. But all racism should be criticized, regardless of the target.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
minimizing systemic racism to absolve whites from having to fix institutions that close doors to blacks.

Which institutions don't allow blacks? I know that there are some which don't allow whites, e.g. black universities and black golf clubs, but I am unaware of any institutions which do not allow blacks full participation. Going further, most universities have lower entrance standards for blacks, which is really an insult to black people, IMO.

What should whites do about the racism they face? I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to. But all racism should be criticized, regardless of the target.

Many black people hate white people. In recent days, we've had black people seek out white people to kill. How should white people react to this?

Upvote 0

Colada

Jul 25, 2016
The Keystone State
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Which institutions don't allow blacks? I know that there are some which don't allow whites, e.g. black universities and black golf clubs, but I am unaware of any institutions which do not allow blacks full participation. Going further, most universities have lower entrance standards for blacks, which is really an insult to black people, IMO.

I didn't say anyone was directly barring blacks. I said "doors are closed". We have institutions in America that are biased against minorities. Do you believe there is no racial bias in America? I don't believe black only institutions should exist, we aren't going to disagree on that point.

Many black people hate white people. In recent days, we've had black people seek out white people to kill. How should white people react to this?

Of course there are racist black people. Everyone should be concerned about racism in all its forms. But a black person in America is much more likely to be a victim of racist policies or individuals than a white person.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

If the black people want to be treated with dignity and respect, they should act and live with dignity and respect, and treat others with dignity and respect.

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say anyone was directly barring blacks. I said "doors are closed". We have institutions in America that are biased against minorities. Do you believe there is no racial bias in America? I don't believe black only institutions should exist, we aren't going to disagree on that point.

Of course there are racist black people. Everyone should be concerned about racism in all its forms. But a black person in America is much more likely to be a victim of racist policies or individuals than a white person.

I really need something solid here, so please help me out. You have claimed that there is enough "institutional racism" in the US that black are powerless to overcome it. Would you please show me solid examples of this.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If the black people want to be treated with dignity and respect, they should act and live with dignity and respect, and treat others with dignity and respect.

Yes, and that's the same rule for us all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Black people want to be treated with dignity and respect.
Then they need to act with dignity and respect. As I mentioned on another thread, every person in America needs to read Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington. This man earned the respect of both blacks and white and had much to say about race relations.

Race is being used to divide America under Obama, and Michelle has been one of those who has been deliberately inciting racial tensions.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess who said this?

"For a lot of young boys and young men in particular, they don't see an example of fathers or grandfathers, uncles, who are in a position to support families and be held up in respect. And so that means that this is not just a gun issue; it's also an issue of the kinds of communities that we're building. When a child opens fire on another child, there is a hole in that child's heart that government can't fill. Only community and parents and teachers and clergy can fill that hole."

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,426,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then they need to act with dignity and respect. As I mentioned on another thread, every person in America needs to read Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington. This man earned the respect of both blacks and white and had much to say about race relations.

Race is being used to divide America under Obama, and Michelle has been one of those who has been deliberately inciting racial tensions.

Job8: Cite an example of Michelle deliberately inciting racial tension.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Guess who said this?

"For a lot of young boys and young men in particular, they don't see an example of fathers or grandfathers, uncles, who are in a position to support families and be held up in respect. And so that means that this is not just a gun issue; it's also an issue of the kinds of communities that we're building. When a child opens fire on another child, there is a hole in that child's heart that government can't fill. Only community and parents and teachers and clergy can fill that hole."

Some Progressive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0