enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why do lot of people is it that Lord Jesus is the very Word of God? The Word was made flesh. I have understood this since childhood. Here is what Apostle John wrote.
John 1:`
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

https://mobile.biblegateway.com/versions/King-James-Version-KJV-Bible/

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord Jesus is the very Word of God
Hmm . . . as I think of this which you have shared here, I notice how this says Jesus is "the Word of God". This does not say Jesus is God's creation, but Jesus is His "Word".

In the beginning, God spoke what would be. Nowhere, does this creation account say God spoke for there to be Jesus created. But by means of Jesus all things were made > John 1:2.

Now, ones might say we create our words. But in our minds, where our words start, our words of our thoughts are us, in the form of our words which form in our minds. Our words of what we create are us, then we create what our words started. So, our words are the beginning of our created things, and therefore we ourselves are the beginning of our creating.

So, like this, possibly, Jesus is "the Beginning of the creation of God" (in Revelation 3:14).

But, also, deeper, really, the real beginning of our creating is . . . hopefully . . . the love we have in our hearts for people for whom we are creating something.

And for whom was our Father creating the universe? For Jesus, whom He loves so dearly. He desired to have this universe as His place for begetting and bringing up children who are like His Son who is so pleasing to Him.

I offer and consider that God could not be so pleased with what only is a creature which is less than Himself.

But humans have our problem of being able to be overly pleased with what is less than God and less than ourselves. Because in our sin we can have feelings which are not nice and we can be desperate to feel something nicer . . . like candy or drugs or immorality and adrenaline rush experiences.

But God is not foolish to depend on what is less than Himself. He has Jesus His own Son, and He is able to change us to also be pleasing to Him like Jesus is. And He will not accept second-best and what is creature pleasure. Only Jesus on the cross could be pleasing enough to satisfy our Father to reconcile with us and forgive and adopt us. No second-best being could be enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,402,618.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hmm . . . as I think of this which you have shared here, I notice how this says Jesus is "the Word of God". This does not say Jesus is God's creation, but Jesus is His "Word".

In the beginning, God spoke what would be. Nowhere, does this creation account say God spoke for there to be Jesus created. But by means of Jesus all things were made > John 1:2.

Now, ones might say we create our words. But in our minds, where our words start, our words of our thoughts are us, in the form of our words which form in our minds. Our words of what we create are us, then we create what our words started. So, our words are the beginning of our created things, and therefore we ourselves are the beginning of our creating.

So, like this, possibly, Jesus is "the Beginning of the creation of God" (in Revelation 3:14).

But, also, deeper, really, the real beginning of our creating is . . . hopefully . . . the love we have in our hearts for people for whom we are creating something.

And for whom was our Father creating the universe? For Jesus, whom He loves so dearly. He desired to have this universe as His place for begetting and bringing up children who are like His Son who is so pleasing to Him.

I offer and consider that God could not be so pleased with what only is a creature which is less than Himself.

But humans have our problem of being able to be overly pleased with what is less than God and less than ourselves. Because in our sin we can have feelings which are not nice and we can be desperate to feel something nicer . . . like candy or drugs or immorality and adrenaline rush experiences.

But God is not foolish to depend on what is less than Himself. He has Jesus His own Son, and He is able to change us to also be pleasing to Him like Jesus is. And He will not accept second-best and what is creature pleasure. Only Jesus on the cross could be pleasing enough to satisfy our Father to reconcile with us and forgive and adopt us. No second-best being could be enough.

Indeed these are deep and supernatural/spiritual thoughts brother. :)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,718.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the Son is God, so that the flesh of Jesus the man was created by God.

Hello RDKirk. IMO the 78% of Evangelicals reading the questions are not over-analysing, they just don't know the answer.

Jesus is the first and greatest being created by God.

When I read this statement I recoiled in terror, as most of the brothers and sisters here probably did. The chance of a born again believer being foxed by it are I believe zero.

It's JW-LDS doctrine and 78% of Evangelicals agreed. Some of the responses to the other questions are also troubling.

It's the gospel that's missing- the church needs to preach the Gospel faithfully at all times, even more so as we are in the last of the last days.

A few years back a friend sent me a clip of something called 'Larry King', like a talk show. There was a Mega-church pastor on I did not know- he was called Joel Olsteen. Larry King asked him a couple of basic questions about salvation- foundational questions- open goal type stuff- Mr Olsteen waffled and mumbled, seemed to be saying that Muslims and Hindus could be saved outside Christ, a caller phoned in and rebuked him, setting the record straight. But the damage had been done. it was a confusing, unsettling interview. Is it any surprise that churchgoers don't know who Jesus is when church leaders don't seem to know?

'There is no other name under heaven given to men by which we MUST be saved'

'I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ because it is the power of God unto Salvation for all who believe'.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,303.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I was looking at this survey:

The State of Theology

Finding:2018: 78% agree vs. 18% disagree
2016: 71% agree vs. 23% disagree

Do you think this is a sign of the times we're living in? The Great Falling away?

God Bless :crossrc:
Jesus is the Son and the Father of eternity incarnate in a creation, human spirit, soul and body. Isaiah 9:6 the Father of Eternity is the creator of time and is so not a creation in time as first... but Jesus the creation, was he created first? Perhaps he was, some people think we pre-existed our conceptions.

Isaiah 9:6 often poorly rendered with, they shall call him... eternal father... is a possible reason for a misunderstanding.

Otherwise it looks like a win for the JWs with most people thinking he was created.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was looking at this survey:

The State of Theology

Finding:2018: 78% agree vs. 18% disagree
2016: 71% agree vs. 23% disagree

Do you think this is a sign of the times we're living in? The Great Falling away?

God Bless :crossrc:

Does that make everyone a Jehova's witness then ;)
Who did the survey & just where did it take place & who took part.

Upvote 0