Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He bit off more than he could chew.

5535A0D5-45D1-4D77-AE85-917B585495B5.jpeg

She wanted more of the guy. The police were holding her back': Asian woman, 76, beats attacker, 39, with a stick and sends him to hospital after he punched her in the face in San Francisco.

FC9C58AA-9397-4CB4-AF55-D589D72AC043.jpeg

• Xiao Zhen Xie said she was standing at a traffic crossing on Market Street on Wednesday when a man punched her in the face
  • The 76-year-old grabbed a stick to defend herself and began beating the man
  • She then lunged at him again while he was being taken away on a stretcher
  • The 39-year-old man has been arrested in connection with Xie's attack as well as another against an Asian man on Wednesday
  • Xie yelled at him in Cantonese: 'You bum, why did you bully me?'
96A3832A-762A-4F35-BC6D-F16B6A4F5F4F.jpeg

E469013A-F70B-4876-BA69-283305E762AD.jpeg

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Kind of reminds me of this one video that use to be on You-tube that I enjoyed that probably got censored with all the PC stuff. This one Middle Eastern looking man trying to dance with some cute little Asian girls, especially one in particular. She ignores him, after a few minutes. He tries to make her dance with him, and she refuses and he slaps her, only to find out the hard way she has got some kind Tai Bo, Muay Thai or some other martial art training as she kicks the crap out of him and he flees...

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Kind of reminds me of this one video that use to be on You-tube that I enjoyed that probably got censored with all the PC stuff. This one Middle Eastern looking man trying to dance with some cute little Asian girls, especially one in particular. She ignores him, after a few minutes. He tries to make her dance with him, and she refuses and he slaps her, only to find out the hard way she has got some kind Tai Bo, Muay Thai or some other martial art training as she kicks the crap out of him and he flees...
hahahaaaa i would LOVE to see that.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Raises the question - when is it appropriate to turn the other cheek?

May be a question for another thread...
Should David have "turned the other cheek" with Goliath?

You're focus is on this 76 yr old woman being attacked, and the issue us if she "turned the other cheek"?

God Himself addresses violent men, does He not? He commands that they be halted/stopped, anc that justice be done.

God ABHORS the shedding of innocent blood, as written in Proverbs 6.

Are you sorry that this 76 year old, tiny woman is not dead, that she SURVIVED this?

In Ecclesiastes it is written that there is a time for all things, including peace and war.

i'm THANKFUL that this tiny 76 year old woman defended herself and that she survived that vicious attack.

Did she sin?

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should David have "turned the other cheek" with Goliath?

You're focus is on this 76 yr old woman being attacked, and the issue us if she "turned the other cheek"?

God Himself addresses violent men, does He not? He commands that they be halted/stopped, anc that justice be done.

God ABHORS the shedding of innocent blood, as written in Proverbs 6.

Are you sorry that this 76 year old, tiny woman is not dead, that she SURVIVED this?

In Ecclesiastes it is written that there is a time for all things, including peace and war.

i'm THANKFUL that this tiny 76 year old woman defended herself and that she survived that vicious attack.

Did she sin?

Brinny I fully agree - I am just musing on when it is appropriate and when not...

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Brinny I fully agree - I am just musing on when it is appropriate and when not...
The Bible, God's Word, disintegrates your musings in such a dire crisis. It's very clear on what is right and wrong and what God's own perspective is on the shedding of innocent blood.

i suspect this 76 year old woman, traumatized, with severe injuries, would not welcome your musings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good on her! She deserves a medal. He deserves a nice long jail sentence once he’s out of the hospital.
He looks like a street person. Do they have those in SF?

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am sad that you have attributed malice to my enquiry. It was a serious question. Probably for another thread but would a believer in the same circumstances act the same way?
God help us, yes.

Otherwise this believer is "bowing down" to violence and the violent man, enabling and aiding and abetting even HIM to sin.

Did this woman sin?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God help us, yes.

Otherwise this believer is "bowing down" to violence and the violent man, enabling and aiding and abetting even HIM to sin.

Did this woman sin?

So my question is when does the sermon on the mount apply?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean homeless? I think every city does.
Yeah. homeless/bum/street person. Choose yer label. He doesn't look all there, which would explain how she was able to get the upper hand.

Upvote 0

Direct Driver

Jan 19, 2021
Kentucky
✟12,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would say in your "day to day" life. A person in a convenience store can deal politely with unruly people and "turn the other cheek". But on that "special" day the thug came in to rob them, well they have to think about their family, etc. and take appropriate action.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah. homeless/bum/street person. Choose yer label. He doesn't look all there, which would explain how she was able to get the upper hand.
Sorry, I just hadn’t heard the term “street person”. Whatever his situation, he messed with the wrong old lady.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I literally turned the other cheek once on a kid who wanted to fight. He slapped me once in the face, I did nothing, then again. The only time in my life, I blacked out, only to awake to him sitiing with bloody nose aganst the wall.

Dont remember doing anything to him, but they said I surely did.

So, when do we stop turning our cheeks? When they have both been used up..

Oh, and good for her for not waiting for him to hit her again. Sometimes one cheek is enough, I suppose.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Seriously?

As i mentioned earlier, Ecclesiastes is very clear that there is a time and place for everything.

Perhaps you have a point.

Philosophising about the sermon on the mount perhaps needs its own thread.

In the meantime, should a father or husband turn the other cheek if a violent man broke into your house and was raping your wife or your child.

Would you turn the other cheek?

Here's a real zinger for ya'....

what does the sin of "omission" mean?

Does it tie in to the scenario of the good samaritan at all?

• Winner
Upvote 0