Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Face masks are apparently more important than pants when it comes to health and safety.

A group of sunbathing nudists in the Czech Republic were recently told they needed to cover up, just not in the way that most would expect. While they were completely free to remain nude, local ordinances required that they keep their mouths covered due to the global coronavirus outbreak.

Authorities in Lazne Bohdanec found about 75 people to be in violation of government orders in relation to the pandemic, the New York Post reports. According to the outlet, groups of “opportunistic nudists” were among those found to be in violation of the rules.

A police spokesperson confirmed to local outlets that people sunbathing in the area were violating not just the rules regarding face masks, but also a rule prohibiting the gathering of large crowds.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Let's see here, being naked together in tight groups without ones mask on. Something is bound to go wrong.

M-Bob

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, people have to keep up social distancing for awhile...:)
I suppose you would say that dental floss swimwear undermines true naturism. (I'm not convinced about the benefits of naturism, myself...)

• Friendly
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Scott Husted

Apr 8, 2020
Virginia Beach
✟57,000.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Face masks are apparently more important than pants when it comes to health and safety.

A group of sunbathing nudists in the Czech Republic were recently told they needed to cover up, just not in the way that most would expect. While they were completely free to remain nude, local ordinances required that they keep their mouths covered due to the global coronavirus outbreak.

Authorities in Lazne Bohdanec found about 75 people to be in violation of government orders in relation to the pandemic, the New York Post reports. According to the outlet, groups of “opportunistic nudists” were among those found to be in violation of the rules.

A police spokesperson confirmed to local outlets that people sunbathing in the area were violating not just the rules regarding face masks, but also a rule prohibiting the gathering of large crowds.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Let's see here, being naked together in tight groups without ones mask on. Something is bound to go wrong.

M-Bob

Now that's funny!

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I suppose you would say that dental floss swimwear undermines true naturism. (I'm not convinced about the benefits of naturism, myself...)

Actually, I think nudism illustrates the silliness of dental floss swimwear, thongs, see-through swimsuits, etc. The only people on nude beaches who get stared at are the ones wearing swimsuits.
Once the swimsuit (or other clothes) comes off, they're just like everyone else.

Seriously though, they should be farther than 6 feet apart - and they usually are.

• Agree
Reactions: Nungirl_7
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I think nudism illustrates the silliness of dental floss swimwear, thongs, see-through swimsuits, etc. The only people on nude beaches who get stared at are the ones wearing swimsuits.
Once the swimsuit (or other clothes) comes off, they're just like everyone else.

Seriously though, they should be farther than 6 feet apart - and they usually are.
Well, I note that, for you, dental floss swimwear covers 'too much'.... :scratch:

Seems that shrinking violets will say: 'How regrettable are those dental floss swimsuits....' (i.e., because they show 'too much'....)

While others — maybe yourself included? — would think it's regrettable that they don't show 'enough'?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I note that, for you, dental floss swimwear covers 'too much'.... :scratch:

Seems that shrinking violets will say: 'How regrettable are those dental floss swimsuits....' (i.e., because they show 'too much'....)

While others — maybe yourself included? — would think it's regrettable that they don't show 'enough'?

My concern is not how much they do or don't show, it's people thinking that something must be worn, even symbolically. There is nothing wrong with the nude human form (in my modest opinion).

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My concern is not how much they do or don't show, it's people thinking that something must be worn, even symbolically. There is nothing wrong with the nude human form (in my modest opinion).
So I suppose you would say that even dental floss swimwear shows overly felt concern that something must be worn?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I suppose you would say that even dental floss swimwear shows overly felt concern that something must be worn?

Yes; why wear it otherwise?

This is the mistake Adam & Eve made with the fig leaves...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes; why wear it otherwise?

This is the mistake Adam & Eve made with the fig leaves...
So the main thing that stringy swimwear makes you think of is that the string should be untied or cut? (A lot of ppl would find it hard to get to that point in their thinking, anyway...)

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So the main thing that stringy swimwear makes you think of is that the string should be untied or cut? (A lot of ppl would find it hard to get to that point in their thinking, anyway...)

No, not untied or cut, just left off (never put on in the first place).

My mom was a country girl and never wore a swimsuit until she moved to Chicago.

( I hope we're not derailing this thread...)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, not untied or cut, just left off (never put on in the first place).

My mom was a country girl and never wore a swimsuit until she moved to Chicago.

( I hope we're not derailing this thread...)
So was it an area where skinny dipping swimming was a custom?

(Maybe this way, too, in the place referred to in the OP...)

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

MountainLady has told me several times that I better stay 6 feet away from ALL NAKED LADIES and to also have my mask and blinders on.

Also -- wear your gloves if you're going out Bob.
She gave me a pair of extra thick gloves last Christmas. Can't feel nothing through those things!

M-Bob

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
....groups of “opportunistic nudists” were among those found to be in violation of the rules.

I'm trying to figure by way of definition how to tell an "opportunistic nudist" from one who is billed as a supposedly "genuine nudist"? :scratch:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm trying to figure by way of definition how to tell an "opportunistic nudist" from one who is billed as a supposedly "genuine nudist"? :scratch:

A not true nudist but, one who in the moment decides for no good reason just to rip their clothes off and run around naked.

These ones should always wear protection equipment as follows.

Mask with heavy duty splash gard
Gloves minimum 2 inch thick
Blinders supplied by the wife's

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So was it an area where skinny dipping swimming was a custom?

(Maybe this way, too, in the place referred to in the OP...)

Yes, my mom grew up in rural Ohio; people there didn't wear swimsuits then.

Even during its communist days, the (now) Czech Republic was and is nudist-friendly.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Whether or not they have tan lines (it's true)...
Oh so you mean that even lines from dental floss swimwear will disqualify the wearers from being regarded as "true" naturists? (I'm still learning something every day, it seems...:scratch:)

Wondering when to bow out of the discussion...

Upvote 0