Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I suppose I see; so, in the situation that you described.... ...you therefore thought it was necessary for her to learn that it was undesirable for her to retain the instinct to cross one leg over the other?

No, I didn't deal with her leg crossing; that was just a reaction to feeling "exposed" to an unknown guy. What she eventually learned was that an unknown guy seeing her genitals does not make her vulnerable in any way. If the guy had any off-color intentions, she would have been just as vulnerable if she were wearing a swimsuit, or even a business suit.

• Informative
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, I didn't deal with her leg crossing; that was just a reaction to feeling "exposed" to an unknown guy. What she eventually learned was that an unknown guy seeing her genitals does not make her vulnerable in any way.
So in a sense you welcomed that she could really learn to be in this state in those circumstances and she could learn to start to appreciate feeling 'I don't care' about it...

(Some ppl would struggle at this.)

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So in a sense you welcomed that she could really learn to be in this state in those circumstances and she could learn to start to appreciate feeling 'I don't care' about it...

(Some ppl would struggle at this.)

Exactly.

People so often fear someone seeing them nude, like something has been stolen from them, or that it gives the person some kind of power over them. It doesn't, and they didn't lose anything.

Some people will say "Yes I have, I've lost my privacy!" But have you? Does someone seeing your body tell them anything really private about you? Your first kiss? Your greatest regret? Your fondest memory? No - it doesn't.

Anyone who sees your face clearly has a really good idea what the rest of your body looks like
(skin color, lip color and size, hair color(s) and amounts, etc.).

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She was fine after that. .. Wouldn't bother her now.
Seems like she quite quickly learned to relate in rather personal way to this special environment that you wanted her to learn to appreciate and which she subsequently became keen to continue pursuing with you.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems like she quite quickly learned to relate in rather personal way to this special environment that you wanted her to learn to appreciate and which she subsequently became keen to continue pursuing with you.

Yes, and her main motivation is...she really enjoys it. She doesn't do it just for me.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seems anyway she discovered an environment that from her family background she didn't know at all before.

That's true. She's from an Irish Catholic family who seldom saw each other nude.

At least they weren't preaching fire and brimstone against it; they just didn't do it.

Upvote 0

James Honigman

Supporter
Mar 20, 2017
No. California
✟95,578.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Face masks are apparently more important than pants when it comes to health and safety.

A group of sunbathing nudists in the Czech Republic were recently told they needed to cover up, just not in the way that most would expect. While they were completely free to remain nude, local ordinances required that they keep their mouths covered due to the global coronavirus outbreak.

Authorities in Lazne Bohdanec found about 75 people to be in violation of government orders in relation to the pandemic, the New York Post reports. According to the outlet, groups of “opportunistic nudists” were among those found to be in violation of the rules.

A police spokesperson confirmed to local outlets that people sunbathing in the area were violating not just the rules regarding face masks, but also a rule prohibiting the gathering of large crowds.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Let's see here, being naked together in tight groups without ones mask on. Something is bound to go wrong.

M-Bob
Someone should tell them to put fig leaves over their mouths.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
@Darkhorse Sounds like after initial twinges of hesitation, she never looked back.

A lot of ppl would struggle with it, anyway.

Most people would struggle with it, to the point of never trying it.

Even with my family's casual attitudes about nudity, they had barriers which I didn't question.

When I finally did cross those barriers, I was surprised.
It wasn't what I expected; it was much better.

These people in the Czech Republic have societal values which allow nudity at beaches.

While it seems strange to us, it's no stranger than our beachwear is to fundamentalist Muslims.

It's all what you're accustomed to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So what did you expect, and how was it better?

As I describe in my blog, I expected my first nude-beach experience to be erotic, judging from the photos I had seen of nude people lying on the beaches in full sunlight. The stories showing the photos claimed that these beaches were not erotic or sexually arousing, but I didn't understand how that could be true.

When I went to one and took my clothes off, I was sexually excited about the nudity around me at first. Then, gradually, the sexual part of the excitement faded away, and was replaced by a profound awareness of God and an uncharacteristic (for me) sense of kinship with this beach full of strangers.
I felt I was among my tribe, in the right place, wearing the right thing (skin), and enjoying it all.

Of course, I wouldn't have felt that way if I were nude in the bad part of a large city, but I wasn't.
The fact that a lifetime of social conditioning about nudity could melt away so quickly was a real revelation to me. It still is, and my wife had pretty much the same experience when she tried it.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
.... replaced by a profound awareness of God and an uncharacteristic (for me) sense of kinship with this beach full of strangers.
I felt I was among my tribe, in the right place, wearing the right thing (skin), and enjoying it all.

...my wife had pretty much the same experience when she tried it.
So how do you mean awareness of God, and did your wife report the same thing?

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The awareness of God seen in nudes?

Probably only best if she's my wife.

There is beauty in the human body but,
careful not to cross the line
only a select few can pull that off.

There was a good reason that
Adam and Eve threw those fig leaves on.

M-Bob

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So how do you mean awareness of God, and did your wife report the same thing?

(This may ruffle some people's sensibilities, but...)

By "awareness of God", I mean an altered state in which I'm acutely aware of God's presence, and communication is taking place between us (like in prayer). I understood the essential role of nudity in Creation, and in the individual re-creation in the birth of every new human. I understood how this Divine Image of God has been twisted by satan into a inappropriate contentographic joke, and humans (by and large) have followed this twisted view, to their detriment and destruction.

My wife did not have this much of a new awareness her first time, but it grew on her with repeated visits to different beaches. During this time she was also transitioning from the Catholic mindset she grew up with to the Protestant mindset she was seeking, and which was familiar to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(This may ruffle some people's sensibilities, but...)

By "awareness of God", I mean an altered state in which I'm acutely aware of God's presence, and communication is taking place between us (like in prayer). I understood the essential role of nudity in Creation, and in the individual re-creation in the birth of every new human. I understood how this Divine Image of God has been twisted by satan into a inappropriate contentographic joke, and humans (by and large) have followed this twisted view, to their detriment and destruction.

My wife did not have this much of a new awareness her first time, but it grew on her with repeated visits to different beaches. During this time she was also transitioning from the Catholic mindset she grew up with to the Protestant mindset she was seeking, and which was familiar to me.
Well, interesting; and so I suppose that each of you would now say that even dental floss swimwear would somehow hinder that heightened sense of awareness that you guys pursue?

(These are ideas which a lot of ppl would struggle with, of course.)

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The awareness of God seen in nudes?

Probably only best if she's my wife.

There is beauty in the human body but,
careful not to cross the line
only a select few can pull that off.

There was a good reason that
Adam and Eve threw those fig leaves on.

M-Bob

I agree about being careful not to cross the line from beauty into adultery, but my experience of nudity being "de-sexualized" means I can admire a woman's beauty (even if she's nude) without wanting to do something sexual with her. Of course, my thoughts slip sometimes, but that also happens with the fully-clothed women in Wal-Mart!

With all due respect, I think the fig leaves were a big mistake. Instead of trying to hide from God (and each other), they should have immediately confessed their sinful deception to Him. What would be different (if anything), I don't know.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, interesting; and so I suppose that each of you would now say that even dental floss swimwear would somehow hinder that heightened sense of awareness that you guys pursue?

(These are ideas which a lot of ppl would struggle with, of course.)

Sort of. I would say that dental-floss swimwear, or thongs, or see-through clothing lends credence to satan's accusation that the Image of God is shameful, ugly, profane, and an object of ridicule. Why not just ditch the "clothing" and be nude? Wearing clothing to keep warm or to prevent injury (motorcycle riding, welding, radiation, military & police gear, surgical scrubs & gloves, etc.) does not reflect badly on God's image, but clothing worn simply to "have something on" runs the risk of saying that God's image should be hidden.

Of course, the awareness we pursue is part of a general relationship with God.

Years ago, I met a member here on CF who came from a very nude-restrictive background (and followed it), but was led by God to begin praying while nude. He reluctantly agreed, and it led him into a completely new awareness, like I describe here.

We get together every year for some nude time.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I guess the analogy could be made between fig leaves and dental floss swimwear.

YES! That's the point I was trying to make in post #8.

I guess a lot of Christians would say they are both for modesty.

MODESTY! There are tons of "modesty" threads on CF, and I've contributed to many of them.
The true meaning of modesty is humility or not boasting. It does not mean "covering skin"!

Upvote 0