East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Had a wonderful 70th Birthday on 1st May. So many gifts and cards from family and friends
Hey you're catching me up.
God bless you, this coming year. :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Glad you enjoyed your special birthday and that you got some nice cards and gifts to celebrate the occasion.

Hope you got a nice birthday cake too!

I've just been googling the history of the birthday cake. Apparently sources show that it was first invented in Germany in the middle ages. Birthdays were known as "kinderfest" where children were presented with cakes decorated with candles, with one candle representing each year of their life. Originally the cakes were typically made of bread, and then sweeter varieties were introduced. By the 17th century, the wealthy upper classes decorated their cakes with icing. Over the years, the cost of making birthday cakes reduced and today more people are able to enjoy them.

I love eating cake on my birthday - mind you, I like eating cake on any occasion!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It wouldn't be wise to assert any degree of accuracy upon this warrior's age of "70" before the Lord, his endurance and the power that rests upon him, if the truth were known, might just present a shock to most all!

Happy Birthday 'quietbloke'!

Upvote 0