Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2007
Long Island Ny, USA
✟49,584.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I just recently been seeing these guys on T.v, not really a fan of these types of programs. Today I found them on the t.v again but I kept going past it, somehow I was compelled to go back to it.

After watching some of it I was really grieved in my spirit. They have some nice stories on it but the show seems to be all about taking people's money. They also post peoples names almost as if its to guilt other people into purchasing memberships/donating money.

There seems to be a message in the midst that if they give- we will live a life of prosperity.... "Give to us, God will bless you"

Please pray for them. And be cautious about them.

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They have changed some since the 70's, when they began and we were watching the show; it has been many years since I have tuned in now.
Praying for the Holy Spirit to direct them in all things righteous, because they do touch a lot of souls :crossrc:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,085,286.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
So I just recently been seeing these guys on T.v, not really a fan of these types of programs. Today I found them on the t.v again but I kept going past it, somehow I was compelled to go back to it.

After watching some of it I was really grieved in my spirit. They have some nice stories on it but the show seems to be all about taking people's money. They also post peoples names almost as if its to guilt other people into purchasing memberships/donating money.

There seems to be a message in the midst that if they give- we will live a life of prosperity.... "Give to us, God will bless you"

They are right. If you give there will be more prosperity. For them. Praying people will not be taken in by deception and will give where the need is real and guided by our Heavenly Father.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

did you tune in during a telethon? I pray for them as well as ev'ryone. We ALL need God's prayers. THey don't post names to guilt anyone. Nevertheless, i agree with you in prayer for we ALL need God's grace and unction of the Holy Spirit. We NEED to pray for ALL our brothers and sisters in Christ.

Upvote 0

OThomas777

God is good! ALL the time!
Jan 24, 2012
✟7,706.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I love the 700 Hundred Club! they are doing a ton of great things for many people all in the name of Jesus. they were having a teleThon for two weeks, but they do sporadically ask for donations and they couldn't do all what they do if we all didn't join in and help, we all need to help those who are less fortunate all over the world.however there are some out there that you do have to be cautious about. test the spirits. But I do pray for them and will continue to pray for all those who are doing God's work! Love you HUGS

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The religious networks I know of (TBN and 700 club) are both non-profit businesses. They don't run commercials, if you've noticed. They rely upon donations to do all that they do... and I, for one, would be very alone without them.

I think they only run a week/2 week? telethon twice a year... and when you consider the millions they need, that's a terrifically short period of time. Also, by being a non-profit, they can do things with less money.

The local religious radio station just ran a 3 day telethon for their year's budget of $300, 000. If they were a regular radio station they would need $3 million!

I don't agree with the "prosperity theology" that they push, but I don't know any other way for them to show that yes, if you give with a righteous heart, God does bless you in return. There are worse who do nothing but preach gimme your money and I promise you'll get xxx back from God... :doh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.