Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Boundaries comes to mind immediately and it is not acceptable, although people who don't know how to be healthy can never be healthy.

One good book you may enjoy is "Changes that Heal" by Henry Cloud.
I love your picture of the mosaic. :)

Upvote 0

Korean-American Christian

raised Presbyterian. member of the Nazarene Church
Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I love your picture of the mosaic. :)

Shalom aleichem, my dear sister :)
20130514-102953.jpg

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Todah. Thank you Com sah me dah. I don't know how to spell it in Korean. I'm sorry.

My dear sister, you speak Korean very well :)

may G-d bless you. Hashem yevarech otha.
455126312feb12b077e6203109f0d0b4.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
My Dad spent some time in Seoul in the '80s and '90 when he worked for Motorola.We continually pray for the peace of Korea and we pray that Yeshua will heal the land

My dear sister, did your Dad enjoy his time in Seoul when he was there in the '80s and '90s?

I lived in Korea from 2003 to 2012 and taught English conversation classes in the public schools. I actually lived in my mother and father's hometown, which is 3 hours south of Seoul. :)

Thank you so much for praying that Yeshua will heal Korea.

Please pray for communist North Korea - please pray that gospel of Yeshua will bring the North Korean people to eternal life in Yeshua. G-d have mercy.

Please pray for South Korea - please pray that a true revival will begin in the Christian churches in South Korea and that the Christian revival will sweep the entire nation with the gospel of Yeshua. G-d have mercy.

My dear sister, may Yeshua be with you always.

Shalom.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hello Brother and Friend.
My dad loved his time in Korea and he loves the Korean people. I speak English and Spanish because my mother is a Spanish Jew. But My dad says after I master Hebrew I should learn Hangul. Maybe I'll give it a go. After all I have a lot of time, being single.
But I would love to go home to Israel, but I doubt I will go because there is chaos so I will wait for Yeshua here in Oregon. I was sad about it though because I wanted to meet my prince charming in Israel :(
But in all seriousness, we do pray for Korea, both of them all of the time. I'm really sorry that war had to mess things up.
I love the Korean dramas on Netflix. i really like Kim Tae-Woo the older one.:hearteyes: He's a cool actor!
P.S. Do you mind if I ask you a question? You hyphen G-d like I do. Are you Jewish? You know Messianic vernacular very well my friend
Best Wishes and Much Shalom in Yeshua Ha Maschiach
Ronit P.

Upvote 0

Feb 21, 2017
USA
✟17,856.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Hello Brother and Friend.
My dad loved his time in Korea and he loves the Korean people. I speak English and Spanish because my mother is a Spanish Jew. But My dad says after I master Hebrew I should learn Hangul. Maybe I'll give it a go. After all I have a lot of time, being single.
But I would love to go home to Israel, but I doubt I will go because there is chaos so I will wait for Yeshua here in Oregon. I was sad about it though because I wanted to meet my prince charming in Israel :(
But in all seriousness, we do pray for Korea, both of them all of the time. I'm really sorry that war had to mess things up.
I love the Korean dramas on Netflix. i really like Kim Tae-Woo the older one.:hearteyes: He's a cool actor!
P.S. Do you mind if I ask you a question? You hyphen G-d like I do. Are you Jewish? You know Messianic vernacular very well my friend
Best Wishes and Much Shalom in Yeshua Ha Maschiach
Ronit P.

My dear sister Ronit,

Unfortunately, I am not Jewish. I am a Gentile.

I agree with your dad. I think that you should learn Hangul after you master Hebrew.

Unfortunately, learning to speak the Korean language is not easy. :(

Even though I was born and raised in the United States, Korean was the first language that I learned to speak.

Even though Korean was my first language....even though I went to Korean language school every Saturday morning for 12 years....even though I lived in South Korea for 9 years after graduating from university, I am still learning to speak the Korean language properly.

My sister, I am very sorry that you cannot go home to Israel.

Thank you so much for keeping the two Korean nations in your prayers. I am very sad that people in North Korea do not have opportunities to hear the good news of Yeshua.

I enjoy watching Korean dramas too, but I seldom have opportunities to watch Korean dramas.

My dear sister, much Shalom in Yeshua.

Kim Tae Woo.jpg

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My dear sister Ronit,

Unfortunately, I am not Jewish. I am a Gentile.

I agree with your dad. I think that you should learn Hangul after you master Hebrew.

Unfortunately, learning to speak the Korean language is not easy. :(

Even though I was born and raised in the United States, Korean was the first language that I learned to speak.

Even though Korean was my first language....even though I went to Korean language school every Saturday morning for 12 years....even though I lived in South Korea for 9 years after graduating from university, I am still learning to speak the Korean language properly.

My sister, I am very sorry that you cannot go home to Israel.

Thank you so much for keeping the two Korean nations in your prayers. I am very sad that people in North Korea do not have opportunities to hear the good news of Yeshua.

I enjoy watching Korean dramas too, but I seldom have opportunities to watch Korean dramas.

My dear sister, much Shalom in Yeshua.

View attachment 203592
Shalom Brother!
Don't say Unfortunately.
You are Child of the most High G-d and his Son Yeshua. We are grafted in together.
My Dad is a Gentile. Most of my family are Gentile. :groupray: We are supposed to be one big happy family. I know it's a tall order but we should all try cuz we are family.

Oh Thank you. I'm sad about Israel but it will be better when Jesus is ruling there right?
But Oregon is cool and I'm waiting on G-d for direction but now I want to become more fluent in Hebrew. My first language was English with a splash of Ladino Spanish Jewish dialect.
I love that photo of Kim Tae- Woo. My sister laughs at me because I kind of have a celeb crush on him. LOL G-d Bless him and his family.
Right now I'm listening to Lenny and Varda they are Messianic singer from Israel. they sing in English and Hebrew but I also love Rich Mullins, Keith Green and Darrel Mansfield. I know I'm sooo old school! Lol :sunglasses:

Best Wishes and Shalom Brother
Ronit

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read that part. I understood that part.

I grew up with verbal and physical abuse. I could do nothing right if my life had depended on it, or at least that's what I was told on a daily basis. I married an abusive man because that was all I knew.

Now I avoid people who are like that, including my own family (though my parents and ex-spouse are dead), I do have a sister who is one of the nastiest people I know, and a daughter who watched the abuse while she was growing up. I don't go out of my way to go around any of them.

If you aren't doing anything to provoke his behavior, my suggestion is to avoid him. Eventually, he might come around and realize that belittling your children is not the way to be.
I

My father abused me in these sort of ways but sometimes it was my fault. Other times it wasnt.

But I still believe that it doesn't matter how wicked you may be, or how well intentioned the abusive parent is, it isn't God's will to stay in an abusive relationship. So I left.

don't feel bad for leaving and setting up home in your own. Doesn't matter whether you "deserved" the abuse or not, God says it is never ok and it leaves scars that need healing.

Upvote 0