Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,766.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Tampasteve "...you make your post in a "safe house" such as Spiritual Gifts then it precludes people that do not believe in the gift (such as tongues) from teaching against them,"

The first person mentioned in Holy Scripture to be given the Spirit of God was named Bezaleel. He was responsible for building the tabernacle and everything in it under Moses' administration. So he carried out the instructions given to Moses by Yahweh. "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship." "...they may make all that I have commanded thee;" (there's counsel, guidance, might and the fear of The Lord - so there's the 7 Spirits of God in this chapter) These men were highly skilled but recognized they would do their work because of the Spirit of The Lord. Exo 31.

There are several verses that state "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7 and "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:..." Psa 111:10

The fear of The Lord means we honor and revere Yahweh to the extent that we chose what's in God's Word over what others think and need to correct what we think to be line with His Word. The fear of man contrast with having the fear of The Lord. Saul had the fear of man and it caused God to lift His hand from him - rejected him as king.. I Sam 13 and 15.

The Spirit of wisdom is in Scripture 4x. 3 x were - those filled with the Spirit of wisdom and all were wise hearted making Aaron's garments, and Joshua, Plus available to us - "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:" Eph 1:17

God's guidance and counsel - available to us because we believe in Jesus Christ."Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory." PSA 73:24; Pro 2:6-11

The Spirit of might is God's force and strength not ours Zech was there to rebuild the temple but the vision made it plain to him that he would accomplish that work by the Spirit of God. "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might,, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." He promises to strengthen us too (Isa 41:10).

The Holy Spirit (John 14:17; 16:13) is working within us if we allow Him.

Do you think having the fear of The Lord is the key to Him giving us His wisdom, His understanding, knowledge, counsel and might?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DennisTate

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tampasteve "...you make your post in a "safe house" such as Spiritual Gifts then it precludes people that do not believe in the gift (such as tongues) from teaching against them,"

The first person mentioned in Holy Scripture to be given the Spirit of God was named Bezaleel. He was responsible for building the tabernacle and everything in it under Moses' administration. So he carried out the instructions given to Moses by Yahweh. "And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship, To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship." "...they may make all that I have commanded thee;" (there's counsel, guidance, might and the fear of The Lord - so there's the 7 Spirits of God in this chapter) These men were highly skilled but recognized they would do their work because of the Spirit of The Lord. Exo 31.

There are several verses that state "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7 and "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:..." Psa 111:10

The fear of The Lord means we honor and revere Yahweh to the extent that we chose what's in God's Word over what others think and need to correct what we think to be line with His Word. The fear of man contrast with having the fear of The Lord. Saul had the fear of man and it caused God to lift His hand from him - rejected him as king.. I Sam 13 and 15.

The Spirit of wisdom is in Scripture 4x. 3 x were - those filled with the Spirit of wisdom and all were wise hearted making Aaron's garments, and Joshua, Plus available to us - "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:" Eph 1:17

God's guidance and counsel - available to us because we believe in Jesus Christ."Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory." PSA 73:24; Pro 2:6-11

The Spirit of might is God's force and strength not ours Zech was there to rebuild the temple but the vision made it plain to him that he would accomplish that work by the Spirit of God. "Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might,, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts." He promises to strengthen us too (Isa 41:10).

Do you think having the fear of The Lord is the key to Him giving us His wisdom, His understanding, knowledge, counsel and might?

The first person mentioned in Holy Scripture to be given the Spirit of God was named Bezaleel.

I would disagree with this statement.

The Holy Spirt has been in the world since creation. Hovered over the earth.
Before the fall Adam and Eve were clothed with the light of the Holy Spirit.

After they sinned then knew they were naked. Guilt entered their minds.
The work of the Holy Spirit convicts one of their sin (did then and has done so ever since). They died spiritually ... separated from God.

Then God Himself makes them clothing from an animal (1st prophesy pointing to tJesus sacrifice) they were covered by His blood. (slain before the foundation of the earth)

Titus 1:2
In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Blessings in Christ Jesus! The Key is to allow the old(self) to die. Hand Him everything and trust Him fully. We must decrease, so that He increases in us. Then what is left, is Two walking as One, just as He intended.

Upvote 0

Froze

Mar 8, 2017
USA
✟9,073.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are not 7 spirits, you have to know the context of how the word was used and the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic definition of the word spirit. In some cases it has the meaning of disposition, and in fact all of the 7 spirits listed are indeed just that, a disposition not a spirit, so God gave Bezaleel the disposition and the experience of all those 7 things, those 7 things do not represent spirits but they do represent the Spirit of God and that Spirit is singular not plural and the singular is the Holy Spirit of God, thus it is more accurately the 7-fold Spirit of God, a deeper understanding of the Spirit of God.

To learn more about this stuff read: Apostolic Revelation: Is It Seven Spirits Or Sevenfold Spirits of God?

Upvote 0