nagantmosin

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Atheist
I will try to summarize the forgotten truths thus:
1.) CHRIST IS KING OF ALL CREATION
"You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice" (Jn. xviii. 37).
What truth did Christ come into the world to bear witness to? THE TRUTH THAT HE IS KING. Do you hear his voice?
"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence" (Col. i. 15-18).
As King, all things are His, and for Him. He is the Preeminent One of all creation, thus, all things created are for Him. Next truth.

2.) AS KING, CHRIST HAS A KINGDOM
"My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here" (Jn. xviii. 36).
Christ stated "My kingdom" three times in this verse, denoting that He is the king over a kingdom, only it "is not of this world", and it "is not from here". His kingdom does not have physical or temporal ORIGINS. However, He will one day reign over this earth for 1,000 years.
"They lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years" (Rev. xx. 4).
His reign, as God that was, is, and is to come, is eternal. He stated "before Abraham was, I AM" (Jn. viii. 58)

3.) BEFORE THE EARTH WAS CREATED, CHRIST CHOSE SOME TO REIGN WITH HIM IN HIS KINGDOM.
"When the Son of Man comes in His glory...the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world..." (Mt. xxv. 31, 34).
"'Grant that these two sons of mine may sit , one on Your right hand and the other on the left, in Your Kingdom'... 'to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father'" (Mt. xx. 21, 23).

4.) ONLY THOSE THAT OVERCOME WITH CHRIST AND SUFFER WITH HIM WILL REIGN WITH CHRIST
"He who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations--'He shall rule them with a rod of iron; They shall be dashed to pieces like the potter's vessels'--as I also have received from My Father..." (Rev. ii. 26-27).
Overcoming is equated by Christ as keeping his works. Those believers who do not overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil will have no inheritance in Christ's kingdom.
"This you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God" (Eph. v.5).
"If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny Him, He also will deny us" (II Tim. ii. 12). Conditional statements.
"...heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together" (Rom. viii. 17).
Notice that being considered a joint heir with Christ can only be accomplished by suffering with Him.
"To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne" (Rev. iii. 21).
The promise to reign with Christ is given only to those that overcome with Christ.

5.) WHEN CHRIST COMES, HE WILL PUNISH SOME BELIEVERS FOR THEIR DISOBEDIENCE AND UNFRUITFULNESS.
"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad" (II Cor. v.10). There are four truths that Paul states in this verse:
a. We will ALL appear before Christ's judgment seat. This is not an awards banquet, as many would like to think. IT IS A JUDGMENT SEAT. THE JUDGE CAN REWARD AN INDIVIDUAL FOR GOOD DEEDS, OR HOLD HIM RESPONSIBLE FOR BAD DEEDS.
b. We will receive in our bodies our reward (good) or recompense (bad). "God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap" (Gal. vi. 7).
c. Our works will be the basis of Christ's judgments. Salvation is a gift of God, but rewards have to be merited by individuals. The parable of the talents bears witness to this.
d. Good works will be rewarded, and evil works/disobedience will be recompensed. "...he who does wrong shall be repaid for the wrong that he has done, and there is no partiality" (Col. iii. 25).
"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work" (Rev. xxii. 12).

6.) GOD WILL RECEIVE GLORY, THROUGH CHRIST, IN THE WORKS THAT HE DID IN THE LIVES OF MEN. THIS GLORY WILL BE GIVEN TO HIM BY HIS PEOPLE, WHO WILL GLORIFY HIM IN THE AGES TO COME, AS GOD REVEALS THE EXCEEDING RICHES OF HIS FAVOR THAT WAS GIVEN TO THEM THROUGH CHRIST. Read Eph. ii. 4-10.

A lot of debate going on, but no one has responded to my references to TBrooks' thread entitled The Millenial Kingdom. Maybe you disagree with my views, but have you read TBrooks' thread? It harmonizes with my views, and systematically and elaborately proves that they are the truth from scripture. Scripture proof is abundant in this thread, and one would do well to print his posts and study them with prayer for wisdom, knowledge and guidance from the Holy Spirit.
His thread is not meant to be read cursorily, or with haste, but like a fine meal it is to be chewed slowly, savored, and if you are able, digest it. The truths that TBrooks and I believe are the same truths that Christ announced during His short tenure on earth, and the apostles elaborated upon in their letters to local assemblies of believers during their day. Sincere and thoughtful replies only, please. God Bless.

nagantmosin

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Those truths are not forgotten! Everyone already knows those things.

If no one is responding to your other thread, maybe it's because they have nothing to say about what you have posted.

Why do you try so hard to be the one who has secret or long-forgotten information? Do you have insecurities about your relationship with God that makes you want to be told by men that you are special?

Cultivating a better, more intimate relationship with God should cure your need to get attention from people. It would be great if you could come to CF to get to know us and fellowship with us instead of coming just to preach at us in a "hit-and-run" fashion.

Upvote 0

sbbqb7n16

Veteran - Blue Bible Dude
Jan 13, 2002
Texas
Visit site
✟25,010.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey bud I agree with you on everything but #5...

Do you enjoy a legalistic life? Cause your #5 represents a basic theology that Christ will save you for all the past but you must work work work if you want Him to be proud of you in the future. Do you not remember that the work of God is this: to believe in the One He has sent? (John 6:29) So if all you do in life is believe then you have done a great work in the sight of Jesus Christ our Lord and God our Father. You need to start learning to understand the Grace of God. Now let me do some specifics here:

In part a : You are wrong on that. The Greek word for "judgment seat" is "bema." The bema in the old Greek world was the place where those who had participated in the games were rewarded for their effort. It was a place of crowning... not punishment. Therefore if any man believes in Jesus, then he has already earned the highest reward for he has done the work of God.

part b: yes we will reap the bad in this age. But you also must remember that we have sown the belief in Jesus Christ as well and the harvest we shall reap from that one seed alone is a magnificent one!

part c: No they don't...

Gal*3:11 Now that no one is justified by the Law before God is evident; for, "THE RIGHTEOUS MAN SHALL LIVE BY FAITH."

your works in life aren't that which you will be rewarded for. You will be rewarded for your faith...and with that faith automatically comes the believing in Jesus which is yet again the work of God.

part d: Yes you will recieve payment in this age for everything that you do. But yet again you fail to remember that just the act of believing in Jesus is worthy of great reward! You will be rewarded greatly for this act and there is no partiality about it. Same with the Revelation quote you gave: Jesus didn't say that to condemn (as in the context you gave) but rather to encourage because He remembers that the work of God is to believe in Him.

Your post strongly slants a life of works... not a life of faith.

Upvote 0

nagantmosin

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟15,137.00
Faith
Atheist
As for the two so far that have replied to my thread:

1.) No, Lambslove does not deserve a reply or defense, since the antagonism in his post, and the suggestion that my personal walk with God may not be good, speak for themselves. You may disagree with my views on scripture, but please do not resort to personal attacks. Serious discussions only, please.

2.) I do NOT believe in salvation by works alone. But it seems that some forget the truth that "faith without works is dead, being alone". Also can anyone tell me what Paul meant when he said "You see that Abraham was justified by faith"? This is not salvation from our sins, but something else. Again, I refer you to TBrooks excellent thread, entitled The Millenial Kingdom.

nagantmosin

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.