6 Biblical Reasons Why Jesus Made Unfermented Wine (Grape Juice).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Achohol is actually called Ethanol, there are huge clouds of it in the universe, rotting friut isn't the only place Acohol/ethanol is formed, and yes it is part of His plan.

I understand you may have had issues with it in your past and all, but to add things to the bible like God did not intend for friut to waste and no trees had ethanol in it, is just your own thoughts of it.

But this was not intended for man. It's out there in outerspace. God originally wanted man to tend to the garden. There is no evidence in Scripture that God wanted man to seek out alcohol to drink in space.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since you are making the assertion, it is up to you to harmonize your six points with the actual account of the wedding you are attempting to alter. Only point 5 even attempts to correlate anything you said to the wedding, but you didn't use the responses or reactions of those actually there to make your point. Instead you went off on your own little tangent confusing a condition of sober-mindedness with an act of intoxication, which is in itself something different than drunkenness.

For all your words, you have yet to actually address the foundation of the point you are wanting to make. The guests were intoxicated. Jesus gave them more wine. The wine was drunk and identified as another good wine just as the one that intoxicated the group in the first place. The people who were there know far more about it than you ever will. Either we go with their experience, or we go with your assumptions, because the two don't correspond with each other.

My points stand on their own; And it is just silly to argue that Jesus contributed to their drunkenness or intoxication. Being intoxicated is not being sober (i.e. to be drunk). To deny this is to deny reality - IMO and life experience.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The human body does produce its own achohol. Don't even need any Fruit tree for the human body to do that.

So you don't have to go to the store to buy alcohol to drink then, right?

Upvote 0

Edison Trent

Nov 3, 2017
Virginia
✟18,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But this was not intended for man. It's out there in outerspace. God originally wanted man to tend to the garden. There is no evidence in Scripture that God wanted man to seek out alcohol to drink in space.

My Point being you said it was a by product and God had nothing to do with it, that is incorrect, there is nothing of natural creation that God did not design/create, sorry but that is stinking thinking. Achohol is a fuel, it is for cleaning stuff making it germ free, the stuff has many uses not only getting drunk off it, got to be a little realistic about its applications.

I do agree people shouldn't be drinking the stuff like no end, over 50 million a year around the world die of achohol related deaths.

Upvote 0

Edison Trent

Nov 3, 2017
Virginia
✟18,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yuh, you are just trying to be sarcastic about what I said, you know very well what I meant by that, statements like that always makes me wonder about people's true intentions.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Anyways, pure blood of the grape is obvious. It is not pure if it is fermented. If it is pure blood of the grape then it is clearly grape juice.
Argue all you like, but as I showed before (post299), you cannot escape the original language which states categorically that "pure blood of the grape" refers to foaming fermented wine!
This is supported in the fact, that Deuteronomy 29:6 says that the Israelites did not drink wine and strong drink (Which is different than the pure blood of the grape).
Deut29v6 is a reflection on what happened while they were in the wilderness, where there are no grapes or vinyards. It gives no instruction against alcohol whatsoever.

If you think Deut29v6 shows God's objection alcohol, then he must also object to the Israelites eating bread!
Deut29v6 You ate no bread and drank no wine or other fermented drink. I did this so that you might know that I am the Lord your God.”

Upvote 0

Edison Trent

Nov 3, 2017
Virginia
✟18,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Quite intersting how God designed the earth to have oil, natural gas, ethanol etc. way before the rebellious acts of Adam and Eve, He already knew before it happened that one day people would grow in numbers and would need alternative fuel sources otherwise we would have been long gone by burning every tree under the sun for heating and cooking, the latter transpo.

Upvote 0

Devin P

Apr 16, 2017
Michigan
✟99,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You did not really offer anything substantial in regards to Proverbs 31:4, my friend.
This is very simple.
Jesus is a king (Acts of the Apostles 17:7).
Yet, Proverbs 31:4 says wine is not for kings.
If Jesus drank intoxicating wine that Proverbs 31 talks about it, He would have broken God's Word.
However, that is not possible. Jesus obeyed God the Father and Scripture.

It advises kings not to drink wine, it does not forbid kings from drinking wine.
Nothing in God's word contradicts, not a thing. If what you're saying is true, then that means in the verse I linked, that you again have failed to talk about, where God permits us to buy and drink strong drink, and wine (both alcoholic) would be wrong.

So, either the first five books of the bible are wrong, or the passage you're quoting here is wrong. Because understand, that if this verse means as you're saying it does, then there is a contradiction. Or you're taking it out of context to mean something other than what it means, and that is that it's not wise to be led astray by alcohol, especially if you're a king. Being led astray, doesn't mean simply drinking it. Being led astray, is being constantly under the effect of it, constant drunkenness. Being led astray, is to lack self control, and thereby be enslaved to it. Being led astray is to give up the truth of God, for the lie of walking in darkness, and drunkenness is darkness. You can very easily drink of it with self control, thereby not being enslaved to it, and not getting drunk. If you have self-control that is.

More importantly, if Solomon is inferring what you're saying he is, then how can he (one book away) write this -

Ecclesiastes 9:7 - Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

You can't say that it's juice, because again, there's two words referring one to wine, and one to non-alcoholic juice. It's the alcoholic wine that is being used here, and juice never once in the scripture is referenced to make the heart merry or glad. Wine on the other hand, constantly is, in several different verses by several different writers.

Total abstinence from things they got themselves was the point. They did not drink both grape juice (unfermented wine) and intoxicating wine (fermented wine) and bread so as to KNOW that He was the Lord their GOD. Nazarites made a vow that did not allow for them to even have grapes itself. But why? Why would God forbid certain men to not have grapes? Because they were supposed to be holy and set apart. They were a picture or symbol that pointed to the cleansing blood of Jesus. Jesus was the One who could provide us with the pure blood of the grape (i.e. His blood) to cleanse us from sin. Yeast is used in wine making. Yet, in Scripture, "yeast" is a type of sin. So you cannot have Jesus making intoxicating wine, unless you ignore or change the symbols or types that the Bible gives us about yeast and sin.

No. Deuteronomy 32:14 is clear that it is talking about real juice here that they had. Verse 12 says that God led them. Deuteronomy 32:33 is also talking about real wine, as well.

It says, in verses 37-38,

37 "And he shall say, Where are their gods, their rock in whom they trusted,
38 Which did eat the fat of their sacrifices, and drank the wine of their drink offerings? let them rise up and help you, and be your protection."

It's talking about THEIR drink offerings. The bad guys drink offerings of wine offered to their false sacrifices. So it is talking about real wine here.

Not all of God's commands actually hit you over the head in saying that they are a command. Whenever God's Word tells you to do something... that is a command. Sort of like when a father tells his son to go to his room because he was bad. The father did not need to say to his son that it was a command. The very instructions themselves are a command. It would only not be a command if God's Word gave us a following clause or exception saying it was optional. But seeing you have no Scripture that gives us an exception (It is a command).
God's commands, that we're to do, are only given in Torah (the first five books of the bible, or better known as the instruction found in Exodus-Deuteronomy).
All throughout the bible after that, all you really have are people shedding light on the depth and intent of each of these commands, but nowhere else are there new commands being given. In Torah God makes it clear, that drinking alcohol is not a sin. Abusing alcohol, is a sin.

Jesus is also our Priest until the resurrection. He's before God right now, He offered up Himself, and now He's mediating for us to God. My point is, He's before God in the heavenly tabernacle. He cannot drink wine right now according to Torah, because the priests that did so, were to be destroyed by God. It's something that makes them unclean ceremonially. It's why Jesus said He won't drink of it, until He comes back. Why? Because, He'll no longer be in the tabernacle before God, mediating for us. We'll be the priests ourselves, and then we can no longer drink so long as we're in the tabernacle.

If what you're saying is true, then it implies that sin is something to be avoided, until we get into the 1000 year millennial reign. It's saying that Jesus thinks alcohol is a sin, and should be avoided. Until after His kingdom is established on earth, then it's free to sin. No, He's referencing the law that I just described that God gave to Aaron.
Deuteronomy 14:26 is talking about intoxicating drink. They surely were allowed to buy and store intoxicating beverages. But that is a whole another matter in what they did with it. I believe the Israelites mixed or diluted the wine so as to drink it. They used the undiluted wine to ease pain from war wounds, to help upset stomachs, etc. Only barbarians would drink strong intoxciating wine or beverages. The Israelites diluted their wine with water in order to drink it.

Wine mixed (diluted) with Water Verses:

Revelation 14:10 says,
“The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb”
(Contrast this with Psalms 75:8)

1 Timothy 5:23 says,
"Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities."

Proverbs 9:2 (NIV) says,
"She has prepared her meat and mixed her wine; she has also set her table."

Proverbs 23:31 - Do not look at wine when it is red.

John 19:34 - Blood and water mingled together from Christ's side; And Scripture essentially says the wine in the Lord's supper is representative of Jesus's blood (See Matthew 26:27-29).​

Isaiah 1:22 NIV
“Your silver has become dross, your choice wine is diluted with water.”
your silver has become dross (your beauty is now ugly, your valuables have become tainted.) it's a reference to their goodness being made wicked of. Their goodness being tainted, just as when good wine is diluted.

Dross is what you purge from the metal before you cast it into coins or bars, etc. It's not as you're implying below this text. It's the impurities that build up. It's the things that have to be removed before the metal is purified enough to need to be mixed for strength to be cast into bars or coins. It's the garbage. This verse is pointing out how what was redeemable, has become unredeemable. How what was once beautiful, has now been reduced to worthlessness. Just as choice wine, that they once evidently had, that is now mixed with water, and is diluted. Note how also, that this choice wine, that is mixed with something to water it down is equated to worthlessness. Meaning that they placed value on the wine not diluted.

Pure silver, which would be too soft to be durable, is mixed with 5-20% copper in an alloy known as sterling silver.

How silver is made - material, making, history, used, processing, industry

If one were to take note: One has to mix copper in silver in order for it to be durable so as to be used. Just as one must use water in their mixture of wine to use it.

So the idea here is that the silver (mixed with copper) they use has become so dross (or watered down it is then cheap. Just as the wine (mixed with water) is diluted even more whereby it is cheap wine (for the times).

Wine could be carried in an undiluted state within leather skin like bottles and then later mixed with water for use. Timothy was told to use a little wine in his water because of the infirmities in his stomach. Paul was telling him to use Biblical wine so as to resolve a medical issue.

Extra Biblical Sources on how wine was mixed with water:

2 Maccabees 15:39, Talmud, and Justin Martyr, etc.​
Are you kidding me? You used the talmud? ...

Read what that book says about you, and read what that book says about Jesus. The talmud is a worthless resource. That proves that you are not reading your scriptures, and are scouring the internet for verses that support your perspective. Look, I will respond to the rest of the post I didn't but I've got to go help a family friend move something. I'll get back to you soon though. We may never agree, but you've got to stop typing in to google "bible verses against alcohol."[/quote]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-11-7_12-53-34.jpeg

Thread is closed for review.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

MOD HAT ON

262238_f6b6367616b23e577551e293b213bc90[1].jpg

This Thread is being closed permanently

due to lots of

Flaming and Goading

Please remember in future:

To treat all members with respect and courtesy through civil dialogue.
Do not personally attack (insult, belittle, mock, ridicule) other members or groups of members on CF.

Address only the content of the post and not the poster.

If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button

MOD HAT OFF

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.