✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Peace!

Israeli, U.S. flags, Roman empire flags. Give to the czar whats his because Christ's kingdom is not of this world. Is this satan's world? Many forfeit their soul to gain nothing. Satan disguises himself as light. In one claw theres peace, in the other, war.
The eagle unlike the dove...
is a predator. I'm American and constantly see the government flaunt a eagle over a shield with a star in it.

Whats the connection between empires and the eagle symbol?
&
How can you obey a government when its a religious harlot?

More info on the 6 and 5 point star I found here, but what do you think?

Six-Pointed Star(<--Click here)

Thanks a lot, peace and grace be with you.

Last edited:
N

Nanopants

Honestly? The 6-pointed star is more closely associated with the star of David than anything else, but even then I don't think we should make a big deal out of symbolism.

Regarding your point on the gov't being a religious harlot, is there something wrong about separation of church and state? It's a better alternative than, say, an Islamic theocracy, and even if it were a Christian theocracy you couldn't possibly enforce Christianity on unbelievers in an ethically consistent manner. Our religion teaches that God hates hypocrisy and unfair treatment, so IMO a secular state is our best option at this point.

It's only when gov't turns anti-religion and/or anti-Christian that it's a problem from a theological perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: eachallberg
Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Honestly? The 6-pointed star is more closely associated with the star of David than anything else, but even then I don't think we should make a big deal out of symbolism.
Would it help if I copy and pasted info from the site provided?

Regarding your point on the gov't being a religious harlot, is there something wrong about separation of church and state?
The church I get, the state I don't. The combination is a problem. When ever government is brought up Samuel 8 is what instantly comes to mind.

It's a better alternative than, say, an Islamic theocracy, and even if it were a Christian theocracy you couldn't possibly enforce Christianity on unbelievers in an ethically consistent manner. Our religion teaches that God hates hypocrisy and unfair treatment, so IMO a secular state is our best option at this point.
I don't see your connection between God's will and a government to make the people happy. Jesus was a God person, rather than a people person (John 6:61).

It's only when gov't turns anti-religion and/or anti-Christian that it's a problem from a theological perspective.

I think it was you that helped me understand anti-Christ, how it has a double meaning. Anti meaning against, or anti as in place of. Come on bro, I know you heard obama mock the sermon on the mount. A war machine would never be an option if love ruled.

In Christianity the five pointed star has traditionally represented the five wounds of Christ.
And December 25th is traditionally the day Christ was born.
Numerology is for the occult.

Peace.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Would it help if I copy and pasted info from the site provided?

Not really. I don't consider it to be a credible source, and even if the hexagram does represent something evil in one culture, that doesn't prove anything about another.

Consider the swastika: it's a symbol used within Hinduism and Buddhism that has a meaning within those contexts that is entirely different than what it meant to the Nazis. Just because someone makes use of a swastika, it doesn't necessarily mean he's a Nazi or a Hindu.

Symbolism is like a language. Even words and letters are symbols which are essentially meaningless apart from a culture that assigns them to something meaningful.

The church I get, the state I don't. The combination is a problem. When ever government is brought up Samuel 8 is what instantly comes to mind.
1st or 2nd Samuel?

I don't see your connection between God's will and a government to make the people happy. Jesus was a God person, rather than a people person (John 6:61).
Like it or not, we need government to keep the peace. It's ordained by God according to Romans 13, although that should be contrasted with the pulling down of strongholds in 2 Cr 10:3-6. IMO we're not called to resist government even if it isn't Christian, unless it exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ, and even then we're not called to fight but rather to follow after Christ to the point of death if necessary.

I think it was you that helped me understand anti-Christ, how it has a double meaning. Anti meaning against, or anti as in place of. Come on bro, I know you heard obama mock the sermon on the mount. A war machine would never be an option if love ruled.
I don't think so as I generally steer clear of the subject, and I don't recall hearing Obama's statement.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
In Christianity the five pointed star has traditionally represented the five wounds of Christ.

-CryptoLutheran
Do you have the source for that? Thanks

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not really. I don't consider it to be a credible source...
Yes!
Thank you. What makes it uncredible. What or who are examples of credible sources?

1st or 2nd Samuel?
:) First.

Like it or not, we need government to keep the peace. It's ordained by God according to Romans 13, although that should be contrasted with the pulling down of strongholds in 2 Cr 10:3-6. IMO we're not called to resist government even if it isn't Christian, unless it exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ, and even then we're not called to fight but rather to follow after Christ to the point of death if necessary.

One theologian told me that during Christ's triumphant entry (John 12:12-19) another parade was taking place across town in honor of Caesar.
Yes we need a shepherd but it really matters who. I believe Paul disobeyed and encouraged us to put up a good fight. I expect empires to promote their propaganda and not care where they put it. No rational person bites their own hand.

I don't think so as I generally steer clear of the subject, and I don't recall hearing Obama's statement.
My mistakes. In a nut shell he joked about the defense department turning the other cheek.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Yes!
Thank you. What makes it uncredible.

I have no reason to trust it. Not only that but the opening statement seems to be a regurgitated interpretation of information gathered from who knows where, under the pretense that the conclusion has been clearly established in the absence of a verifiable method. In other words, whomever wrote this stuff basically wants the reader to accept his or her interpretation without disclosing the reasoning used to arrive at the conclusion, and that alone is reason enough to distrust the author IMO.

What or who are examples of credible sources?
The process of peer review in an academic setting would be a good place to start to establish credibility. Even then I tend not to accept an author's opinions as fact, but a reliable author wouldn't state opinion as fact anyways.

Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have no reason to trust it. Not only that but the opening statement seems to be a regurgitated interpretation of information gathered from who knows where...
You have the same reason to trust the bible and thats where it came from as the author explains.

whomever wrote this stuff basically wants the reader to accept his or her interpretation without disclosing the reasoning used to arrive at the conclusion, and that alone is reason enough to distrust the author IMO.
You don't care to read it but you care enough to give your opinion?

The process of peer review in an academic setting would be a good place to start to establish credibility. Even then I tend not to accept an author's opinions as fact, but a reliable author wouldn't state opinion as fact anyways.
I'd question the reliability of those peers and believe theres no fine line between opinion and fact.

Instead of discussing trust, what about the eagle in Ezekiel 17 and how it permeated through out history?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
N

Nanopants

You have the same reason to trust the bible and thats where it came from as the author explains.

That's not true. I don't blindly trust the Bible, or anything for that matter.

Besides, if I were to quote the Bible 100 times in a single post, does that make my opinions true? No, and the same applies to the author of that article.

You don't care to read it but you care enough to give your opinion?

I glanced over it, checked the front page for some useful information on the author, found none, and moved on. It's just one of hundreds of similar things that I've passed over: the peddling of conspiracy theories to a frightened Christian community seems to be a booming industry these days.

Instead of discussing trust, what about the eagle in Ezekiel 17 and how it permeated through out history?

Feel free, but I'm afraid I may not be very good at conversing the subject, reason being that I seem to interpret prophecy a bit differently than most people.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Symbols are meaningless if they are not accepted. There may be satanic symbolism in the 5/6 pointed star but who cares because no one is looking to these stars as religious symbols and they have been separated from any deep origins they may or may not have had. Did you know the word "God" has pagan origins yet we use it to represent the creator and all powerful deity of the universe. It doesn't matter because the pagan origins are separated from the modern use today. It is how it is currently represented that gives the symbol or the word meaning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you have the source for that? Thanks

See e.g. Brewer's Book of Myth and Legend -- "In Christianity they signify the five wounds of Christ and as such Gawain had the pentacle on his shield."

Gawain is of course the hero of the poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight -- "And all his trust on earth was in the five wounds suffered by Christ on the cross, as the creeds do tell us, so that when the knight was placed in the melee, his thought was ever upon them above all other things."

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
or Rome

or Byzantium

or Russia

or a half-dozen other countries and empires.

Exactly.

200px-Vexilloid_of_the_Roman_Empire.svg.png
200px-US-GreatSeal-Obverse.svg.png
200px-Holy_Roman_Empire_Arms-double_head.svg.png
200px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Isabella_of_Portugal%2C_Holy_Roman_Empress_and_Queen_Consort_of_Spain.svg.png

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense.

how about this...
images

However as pointed out the egale is a very common symbol and it would be irrsponsible to say that all of these symbols point back to Babylon even if it was the first to introduce it.

the eagle is a very well used symbol and similar to the ones already shown here is some more examples to show its diversity.

images
images
images
images

In terms of American's use of the eagle for its representation I would attribute greek and roman influence as it is a form that has been widely embraced from architecture to governement. I will however point out as well the eagle is considered an "unclean" animal in terms of levitical law. (Leviticus 11:13)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 31, 2011
Babylon
✟9,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sorry, but that's just nonsense.

...&#8216;This is what the Sovereign Lord says: A great eagle with powerful wings, long feathers and full plumage of varied colors came to Lebanon...
&#8220;&#8216;But there was another great eagle with powerful wings and full plumage...

"Say to this rebellious house, 'Do you not know what these things mean?' Say to them: 'The king of Babylon went to Jerusalem and carried off her king and her nobles, bringing them back with him to Babylon...
Pharaoh with his mighty army and great horde will be of no help to him in war, when ramps are built and siege works erected to destroy many lives.

(out of context in Ezekiel 17)

Your right, it doesn't make sense when specifics are missing.

The eagle represents the king of babylon and egypt in Ezekiel's vision.

The more common a symbol is, the less meaning it has? That doesn't make sense to me.

Upvote 0