• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

"5th Avenue" comment thread.

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by rambot, Nov 5, 2019.

1. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,363
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+6,575
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Well his own lawyer argued in court that if Donald shot someone on 5th Avenue, not only would it be illegal to prosecute him, but it would be illegal for the police to investigate the crime(in arguing about releasing tax records).

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+3,477
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    Nixon thought it would be ok to plan a burglary. If trump shot someone, some people are stupid enough to vote for him anyway. I’m actually a never Trumper but if I had previously voted for him his behavior would change my mind .

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,590
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    If Donald Trump shot someone the Washington Nationals fans chanting, "Lock him up!" would all get their wish. Presidents are not above the law.

5. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+16,441
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I almost want to see him do it just to put his supporters’ commitment to the test. At this point, I don’t believe they’d turn on him.

6. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member

+1,427
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You said what I was thinking. I don't believe they would turn on him either.

7. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+4,695
    Atheist
    There's absolutely nothing to suggest that they would. They stand ready to defend the indefensible at every turn.

8. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+11,016
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Honestly, it's kind of a silly question. While it probably does measure some kind of 'fervor quotient', I can't really take it literally.

9. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,363
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    I do think a few would leave. But just a fw

10. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,363
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    Lindsey Graham, who for a month has said there was no quid pro quo (despite numerous people saying so) has indicated he's not going to read the transcripts from the house. Says the whole process is BS
    So you know, he's going to ignore all the evidence put forward in a trial. That's exactly what a competent, ethical judge within the justice system does in America, the most corrupt legal system in the world. We can all agree on that right? At least when they are prosecuting a politician that we agree with

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  11. The_Barmecide

The_Barmecide Active Member

+553
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    5th Avenue? Trump's never heard of that place. Sorry.

12. GACfan

GACfan Well-Known Member

+1,427
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  13. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+5,363
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    While at the time I was more skeptical if this sentiment, it seems more likely 3 years in.

14. stevil

stevil Godless and without morals

+897
    New Zealand
    Atheist
    Private
    The Republicans would point out that it was the guy that got shot's fault.
    He was probably a Mexican Muslim, a murderer or rapist, probably fat, may have even had a lisp, a never Trumper. He was just standing there looking un-American in his Mexican hat, pretty much just asking for it.
    Trump is a hero, ridding the world of this filth.