Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.newsweek.com/500-delta-...FtwNfsZueSsx1yM8nOkitse6N95VuC3lr1TfiAu7x2vNA

Hundreds of staff at Delta Air Lines have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Ten workers have died after contracting the virus, the company confirmed.

According to a transcript of the company's latest shareholders meeting held on a phone conference June 18, Delta's Chief Executive Officer Ed Bastian said: "We have had approximately 500 employees that have tested positive for COVID-19. The vast majority have recovered, thankfully. Unfortunately, we have lost 10 employees to the disease."

Speaking to Newsweek, a spokesperson for Delta noted the latest tally of infected employees is "inclusive of all positive cases reported to us since March out of our 90,000 employees worldwide.
Guess it is just as well I am having to stay with my elderly mom in Michigan.

I wonder how many in other airlines have the virus or may be sharing it unknowingly.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.newsweek.com/500-delta-...FtwNfsZueSsx1yM8nOkitse6N95VuC3lr1TfiAu7x2vNA

Hundreds of staff at Delta Air Lines have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. Ten workers have died after contracting the virus, the company confirmed.

According to a transcript of the company's latest shareholders meeting held on a phone conference June 18, Delta's Chief Executive Officer Ed Bastian said: "We have had approximately 500 employees that have tested positive for COVID-19. The vast majority have recovered, thankfully. Unfortunately, we have lost 10 employees to the disease."

Speaking to Newsweek, a spokesperson for Delta noted the latest tally of infected employees is "inclusive of all positive cases reported to us since March out of our 90,000 employees worldwide.

I wonder how many in other airlines have the virus or may be sharing it unknowingly.
Not surprising.

Coronavirus made its international moves ... through air travel.

It showed up at major international air travel hubs (NYC, Chicago, Los Angelas, etc.) ... and spread from there.

Upvote 0

Frugality

Renewed
Apr 17, 2020
Earth
✟34,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And now these greedy, selfish, rich airline companies are fighting to open up middle seats and to pack their planes full, knowing that they can make a massive amount of money off the selfish people who choose to travel and vacation right now. America, it seems, will always value money over human life. America is depraved.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
And now these greedy, selfish, rich airline companies are fighting to open up middle seats and to pack their planes full, knowing that they can make a massive amount of money off the selfish people who choose to travel and vacation right now. America, it seems, will always value money over human life. America is depraved.

Ditto. It's a sad and dark time to live through in this country.

• Agree
Reactions: Frugality
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well, you do not have to work at an airline ( or even somewhere that comes into contact with tons of people to spread the virus without knowing it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, you do not have to work at an airline ( or even somewhere that comes into contact with tons of people ro spread the virus without knowing it.

I don't appreciate that attitude. My US home is across the country from where I have to be right now and if there is an emergency, I need to fly. I also have a home outside the country which I can't get to right now.

I believe the view you expressed is insensitive and ignorant.

• Prayers
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
10 dead out of 90,000 that is 0.01% far far below national average they are doing a great job IMO.
So much for all life matters. how many of the customers got sick?

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't appreciate that attitude. My US home is across the country from where I have to be right now and if there is an emergency, I need to fly. I also have a home outside the country which I can't get to right now.

I believe the view you expressed is insensitive and ignorant.
I am sorry I did not mean to offend, but I was trying to say that basically any time you are out in public you can be exposed to the virus it is not just the airlines that you can spread it unknowingly. My uncle for example runs a small feed/hardware store in a county of less than 20k people in the whole county. Anyone in his store could have it and spread it unknowingly to customers or go to the next county over ( which has more cases and is also where we do any major shopping and spread it there.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sorry I did not mean to offend, but I was trying to say that basically any time you are out in public you can be exposed to the virus it is not just the airlines that you can spread it unknowingly. My uncle for example runs a small feed/hardware store in a county of less than 20k people in the whole county. Anyone in his store could have it and spread it unknowingly to customers or go to the next county over ( which has more cases and is also where we do any major shopping and spread it there.
However, many times when people fly, they HAVE to fly.

If my daughter ends up in ICU, I am not going to take 5 days to drive across the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
However, many times when people fly, they HAVE to fly.

If my daughter ends up in ICU, I am not going to take 5 days to drive across the country.
OH so your point was that really in situations like that ( the feed store) I do not have to go in ) especially now with larger businesses offering curve side service, but people who get on planes usually do not have that ability.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟895,522.00
Faith
Christian
So much for all life matters. how many of the customers got sick?
I dunno, if the stats hold true on customers too perhaps the same amount that a regular flu would do them too as it appears their percentages are lower than that of an average year flu is but I may be wrong.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
OH so your point was that really in situations like that ( the feed store) I do not have to go in ) especially now with larger businesses offering curve side service, but people who get on planes usually do not have that ability.
Yeah.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

The airlines are just following orders. Profits before people.

Upvote 0